For Cat Lovers Only XII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We always thought that Callie would not tolerate another cat in the house (when we adopted her from PetSmart in February 2005, they told us she didn't like children or other cats). But when we brought Fergus inside as a stray a little over two years ago, she seemed to get along with him pretty well, after the first adjustment period. Sometimes he chases her; sometimes she chases him. And we've seen her licking his head, so she must like him a little bit. :cute:

Lily is currently sitting on the coffee table watching the VMA's with us. :cute: She hasn't taken her eyes off of the screen the entire time Christina has been on. (I'd rather be watching a football game but whatever.......)

thought I shared this pic of the latest addition to the family, after 17 years we had to put to sleep our cat, due to a tumor on her stomach, she had a good run, I actually rescued her when I was 10 in 1991 from being buried alive by some assholes, less than two months later this one appeared, my mom being an huge animal lover gave him food and we pretty much couldn't get rid of her

luci001.jpg

his reckless does pretty much what he wants and already made friends with our dog

That's an awesome picture :up:

And we've seen her licking his head, so she must like him a little bit. :cute:

Or spoiling for a "fight" -- that's what cat licking does in our house. :lol: It's funny sometimes, too -- the fight will go down the chain of command. Neo will be fighting with Murphy and when Murphy's had enough he'll hunt out poor little Smokey and smack him with those big Maine Coon paws -- you can hear it go THWACK THWACK THWACK!! Smokey and Jack will play fight at times, again Smokey usually getting the worst of it.

My poor yiddle Schmokey-Dokes!! :heart:

Or spoiling for a "fight" -- that's what cat licking does in our house. :lol: It's funny sometimes, too -- the fight will go down the chain of command. Neo will be fighting with Murphy and when Murphy's had enough he'll hunt out poor little Smokey and smack him with those big Maine Coon paws -- you can hear it go THWACK THWACK THWACK!! Smokey and Jack will play fight at times, again Smokey usually getting the worst of it.

What usually happens is that Fergus pounces on Callie (he's *so* much bigger than she is), flips her over on her back, and slides her across the floor. She comes up hissing and clawing. Other times, he walks up to her, all calm-like, and she smacks him! :lol: They are certainly comical to watch!

My mom gave Maurice a new carpet.

mauricemomscarpet9-08chelsea.jpg

Actually she gave it to Maurice and Sugar (dog) so they fight over who gets on it first.

My DH is "on the road" so he called last night. I went to get the phone (checking caller ID with my poor old-lady eyes and no old-lady glasses nearby). I picked the phone up and turned around and Jack was sitting on the counter by the stove, at attention -- he knows when the phone rings you're supposed to answer it! Of course, his "daddy" had to talk to him and Jack always listens, ears up, and then purrs and rubs the phone. He's one smart little guy ... and Jack's pretty intelligent too! :D

And the two I've never seen tussle: The "Alpha Baby" Jack (19 mo. old) and the Beta Big-boy Murphy (8 years old) (sporting a summer haircut, so imagine him with a full growth of Maine Coon fur!!). If Neo and Murphy are going at it, Jack will run in to investigate, but he's too smart to get involved.

2008_0822sanibel817080006.jpg

My DH is "on the road" so he called last night. I went to get the phone (checking caller ID with my poor old-lady eyes and no old-lady glasses nearby). I picked the phone up and turned around and Jack was sitting on the counter by the stove, at attention -- he knows when the phone rings you're supposed to answer it! Of course, his "daddy" had to talk to him and Jack always listens, ears up, and then purrs and rubs the phone. He's one smart little guy ... and Jack's pretty intelligent too! :D

That's hilarious!! I've heard of and had cats that watch TV or things on the computer screen but never cats who want to answer and talk on the phone :lol:

:lmao: this is hilarious! :heart: kittehs...!

poor smokey...:cute:

2844786202_227babb52a.jpg

2843950979_035f8805cd.jpg

2843950837_83becb5cc9.jpg

2844785762_33cae463cb.jpg

Sorry, the cats and dogs co-exist very well around here, I can't get separate pics unless the cats are up in the cat tree!

^^ hey it's doctor dolittle... :lol:

and u would be mrs. dollittle..:yes:

So that's who they are :wink:

Just catching up on all the news :love: pics.
Since I was here last I've lost and found Jack (after finding Lovey). Got tripped up by Max, but all is ok.
Had a peeping tom ( not feline :huh:) and my sister got mugged, but she's getting better. And we don't live in the bad parts of town, either.
Hate to think what they are going through in the badlands. :ohmy:

Anyway life is grand but it never ceases to amaze me. :up:

I don't think it matters :lol:

last night my wife and I were eating carrot sticks and hummus and they all gathered around... The funniest is when you show them the carrot stick and they sniff it and get this disgusted look, but still go back to begging when you go to eat the next one :lol:

I don't think it matters :lol:

The funniest is when you show them the carrot stick and they sniff it and get this disgusted look, but still go back to begging when you go to eat the next one :lol:

It doesn't matter. As long as you're eating it, they want it. :lol: Even my cat Bela who was a big time chicken, and everything else, lover, won't eat it any longer. I've just been feeding all of them the same food and that's all they will eat and are doing fine.

On another note, my neighbor did it again. :huh: They locked Lovey up in their apartment all day, again today. I let her out this morning because she prefers to "go" outside but I bring her back in before I leave for work. She wasn't around this morning and I had to leave. My son, who comes over while he's job hunting, called and said he hasn't seen her all day.
Sure enough, there she was this evening locked up in their apartment. I told the mom to not let the kids bring her in if they aren't going to let her out before they leave. She said "the kids just love her" well I do too, and she's mine, not theirs. She ask me if I wanted a can of sardines for Lovey?
WTF, no.. I don't feed her sardines.
Anyway, Lovey won't go out anymore in the mornings. I'm trying to keep the peace but geez - they have stepped over the line.

It doesn't matter. As long as you're eating it, they want it. :lol: Even my cat Bela who was a big time chicken, and everything else, lover, won't eat it any longer. I've just been feeding all of them the same food and that's all they will eat and are doing fine.

On another note, my neighbor did it again. :huh: They locked Lovey up in their apartment all day, again today. I let her out this morning because she prefers to "go" outside but I bring her back in before I leave for work. She wasn't around this morning and I had to leave. My son, who comes over while he's job hunting, called and said he hasn't seen her all day.
Sure enough, there she was this evening locked up in their apartment. I told the mom to not let the kids bring her in if they aren't going to let her out before they leave. She said "the kids just love her" well I do too, and she's mine, not theirs. She ask me if I wanted a can of sardines for Lovey?
WTF, no.. I don't feed her sardines.
Anyway, Lovey won't go out anymore in the mornings. I'm trying to keep the peace but geez - they have stepped over the line.

Indeed! Maybe she could get used to staying in? It's *so* dangerous out there! Not only from being "cat-napped", but traffic and diseases and mean kids (oh, my!). Before we "adopted" Fergus, who was a neighborhood stray, the neighbor kids had him shut up in their playhouse in the heat of summer, and also had him in a box out by the curb with a "for sale" sign on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom