For Cat Lovers Only XII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladywithspinninghead -- any news about Misha? I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

About a reward amount -- I don't have any clue. Maybe just put on any flyers that you will give a reward without saying how much and then think about it a little later. Plus you might get some more ideas of an amount from here.

Anyway, I'm pulling for you to find Misha. :hug:

No real news I'm afraid. Although someone did call yesterday morning to say they had a siamese in their backyard the night before but only saw the poster after the fact. This occurred one street over so if it was her, she's def. not far.

We received a call at 2:30am last night from a young-ish girl saying "I found Misha. How much is the reward?" It was strange and I never did believer her especially when she let me go abruptly when I informed her my bf was on his way to her location. There was no sight of them - her and her friend had taken off. Fortunately, I never believed her but that was indeed a cruel joke and I'm glad I didn't fall for it.

You cant post from snapfish anymore.

Just create an account at www.photobucket.com and upload them there.. its pretty straight forward. They even give you the link codes to copy and paste here.

Yeah I know snapfish got weird or something.
I have an acct at photobucket. Now to find the username and pw.

ladywtsh..I still have my fingers crossed for Misha. :hug:

funny-pictures-cat-has-obvious-hat.jpg

No real news I'm afraid. Although someone did call yesterday morning to say they had a siamese in their backyard the night before but only saw the poster after the fact. This occurred one street over so if it was her, she's def. not far.

We received a call at 2:30am last night from a young-ish girl saying "I found Misha. How much is the reward?" It was strange and I never did believer her especially when she let me go abruptly when I informed her my bf was on his way to her location. There was no sight of them - her and her friend had taken off. Fortunately, I never believed her but that was indeed a cruel joke and I'm glad I didn't fall for it.

Why do people do things like that???? :sad: I'd just like to smack them!

Finally had a chance at work to save my pics from snapfish and uploaded them to photobucket. This isn't a digital camera. Just regular film.

Bela hiding under the table from Lovey. Being outside was more enticing than her fear of Lovey.
LoveyBela.jpg

Jack almost looks like an outline of Lovey. He's almost as big but about 6 months to a year younger. Lovey was about a year old when Jack was born.
LoveyJack-1.jpg

Jack is solid white but light beige points on ears and tail. Can't see it in this pic, however.

I was gone for two weeks and missed my kitties but my in-laws took good care of them. I think Posh even lost a little weight which is great b/c her and Beckham are getting on the tubby side.

My co-worker whose cat died picked out a new kitten right before I left. They were waiting for her to be spayed before taking her home. They went on a vacation themselves and I offered to cat sit, but it turned out she wasn't spayed yet and couldn't be released anyway. Tomorrow hopefully he will have pics to show me.

Some new pics from the past few days:

Not sure what she was doing up there
2794133797_03cfc3182c.jpg

Maaike meowing for her dinner
2794978810_d5c1e81f2e.jpg

Phil making a sandwich and dropping bits of cheese. Anytime Beckham missed one he would let out a nasty meow, lol.
2794130443_a813c1eb2f.jpg

2794978090_7a9a5a98d7.jpg

2794130297_81ffce27ae.jpg

Kitty love on the cat tree
2790593239_2a64760522.jpg

2790593167_6c142c4263.jpg

Beckham shows his true self
2790592871_5dff01b8b9.jpg

Posh demonstrates proper use of the cat tree
2791442614_8b124c1424.jpg

2791442404_ef10b0c317.jpg

Max and Lovey warding off the pink ghost. (don't know what that pink shadow is) :wink:
LoveyMax.jpg

Bela and her son Jack.
BelaJack.jpg

Max is turning out to be a beautiful cat - and in the next pic, his brother Jack.
Max.jpg

macjack.jpg

Omg Sue, they're getting so big!! :love: I sometimes miss mine being tiny, but I think they'll always be my babies, no matter how big they get.

Phil making a sandwich and dropping bits of cheese. Anytime Beckham missed one he would let out a nasty meow, lol.
2794130443_a813c1eb2f.jpg

Do the cats even stand a chance of getting any with the dogs around? :lol:

Kitty love on the cat tree
2790593239_2a64760522.jpg

2790593167_6c142c4263.jpg

Awww! :cute:

There is a spray called Bitter Apple that you can try. I know they sell it in the U.S. petstores.

Thanks! I'll look for it here. I don't think they've chewed anything since, but it would still be good to have around in case they ever get the urge again.

ladywithspinninghead, still thinking of you guys. :hug:

Misha is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it - I had almost given up home! I had put up 80+ posters in the area - there were a couple calls with a couple sightings but nothing that led to anything and had concluded that, after 8 days, someone had taken her.

Anyway, after doing some more research on pet finder sites, I took their idea and decided to put up these HUGE, neon, yellow signs for her (I'll take a pic and post). We put them up all around the major intersections in my area until 1 in the morning last night. I got a call this morning that a cat resembling Misha was under the deck and wouldn't come out. I cabbed it from downtown and 'lil Misha came out when I called her name and shook her bag of treats. It was a tearful reunion to say the least!

The guy was so nice - he gave us a ride home (several blocks away) and refused the reward...

She's a bit shaken up, has lost a few pounds but still vocal as ever thankfully!

What are my next steps - I suppose I should take her to a vet today?
Then I'll get her microchipped, take down the posters...anything else?
And of course, ensure she doesn't go out again!

Thank you all so very, very much for your wishes!

I'll post pics momentarily - I'm just not very good at doing stuff like that :reject:

Anyway, I'm glad this nightmare is over.
I can't believe how depressed I got - my Dad even suggested I go on Ativan! :lol:
I was crying every day and felt this huge void in my heart. Luckily, I feel :heart: again

I am so glad to hear that Misha is back!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

I'd definitely take her to the vet to have her checked over (especially if she hasn't been spayed).

Even though the man wouldn't take a reward, I think I'd buy him a gift certificate to a restaurant or something like that.

Glad you have your baby back! I can't imagine what I'd do if one of mine got out!

omg I'm so glad to hear Misha is back! You must be SO relieved. Poor thing she must have been so scared. I would totally get that man something like swandiver suggested.. a gift certificate at least.

I would take her to the vet as soon as you can, she could be dehydrated which often leads to other problems. And yes, I would definitely keep her inside from now on! Yay! :hug:

Thanks guys! :hug:

I wish someone had filmed our reunion. The guy told me she hadn't meowed (and she's a typical Siamese - very vocal!) and hadn't hissed back at his cat through the screen door this morning and she always hisses at cats so I started to doubt it was even Misha he had seen. It didn't help that she wasn't coming out from under the deck, where she had apparently spent all morning, even though I was calling her name and shaking her treats bag.

Then the guy, Jeremy, said "Look behind you" and out from the bushes in the back of his yard crawled out my little Misha. She had twigs and weeds covering half her head but she started up her incessant, familiar meowing the moment she saw me. I sat on the grass and she approached me carefully before gently headbutting me all over. I couldn't help but pick her up (I should have been more careful lest she be wounded) and usually she resists but she was like putty in my hands and didn't want to leave my arms.

Anyway, I brought her home and we spent the afternoon cuddling on my bed...I woke up thinking it was a dream but her purring reassured me I wasn't.

By the way, I told the taxidriver the story on my way from work to Misha this morning and he got me there in 12 mins, even though it usually takes 20! :lol:
He also stuck around to see the outcome!

This is the pic we put on the posters as it has a view of her entire body:

lostmisha.jpg

This is her sleeping with my boyfriend (he's so cute - we just moved in together and I overheard him saying to her a few weeks ago "Daddy missed you today" :laugh: He's so not macho!)

DSC02551.jpg

The pics don't do her justice as she's got gorgeous blue eyes.
She's also a lot skinnier than this now - she used to weigh 10lbs but she's about 8.5-9.0 now. Not too much of a weightloss I suppose but I still think someone was feeding her as she didn't devour her food as I thought she would.

awwwwwwwwwww thats so cool... :cute:

Bella was all over me when we came home from our trip after her out in the wild for four days dilema. I picked her up as soon as we walked in the door. I must of held her for a good 15min before putting her down.. I don't think I have heard her purr so loudly ever.

Wow so she was 20 minutes away??? That's really far. But that is such a sweet story! Just the fact that as soon as she saw you she meowed and head butted you :cute: And guys that love cats is the cutest thing ever :love:

A pound and a half actually is quite a bit of weight to lose for a cat.
If you're not taking her to the vet, check if she's dehydrated by lifting up the scruff of her neck. If it falls back down quickly (1-2 seconds) she's probably ok, if it stays up longer than that she may need sub-Q fluids. Has she eaten or drank anything since she's been home?

Oh no, sorry, I wasn't clear. My work is 20 mins away from my area (home/where Misha was found).

Yes, you're right - a pound-pound and a half is a lot - I thought of it afterwards - it's 10% of her bodyweight - it'd be like a person losing 12-18 lbs a week.

I'll do as you suggested for the dehydration - I was also told to check for white gums :hmm:
She ate a bit and drank a bit too (both from her bowl and the shower drain!)

Yes, my bf def loves her - he has plans for tonight but is coming home first to see her.

ETA - On second thought, I think I'm going to bring her to the vet no matter what, just for peace of mind

Yes, I agree that's a good idea--just have her checked over to be sure she's okay! I know what you mean about the hole you had in your heart, too. I'm so glad you got her back! :hug:

I've been so out of the loop lately with a lot of things. So glad that Misha is home safe & sound :hug:

ETA: Just saw the pics - :cute: !

Oh how I love happy endings. Wonderful news lady. That just made my night. :hyper:

Jack got out the other night and ran straight for the parking lot. I chased him around 3cars and finally got him by the tail and pulled him out from under a car. Of course I felt bad for pulling his tail, but explained to him it was a lot better than a car rolling over him. He understood and forgave me. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom