For Cat Lovers Only XI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC03482-1.jpg

This pic was taken at her 7th month birthday.

well, just came back from the vet... and it was as expected.. she went ballastic, howling, hissing, screaming and trying to escape as soon as they tried to handle her but they were pros and were able to hold her with a towel. I give that vet asst major props for managing that I certainly wouldn't of. We had her in a carrier, so they weighed her in the carrier. Then we unscrewed the top of it and the asst grabbed her with the towel and held her down while she went nuts.. But the vet managed to get a biopsy on the bump and that was it. So that will go to the lab and we will hear about it next week. Her conjunitivitis flared up again today so she was treated for that. We got the ointment.. So now whenever it flares up again we will be able to get a script for it. Yay!

Sicy, they couldn't do much more than that.. But hey we got that far.. They definitely know what they are doing over there.. I will be going back the next time I need to..

Aw man they couldnt get blood? I wonder why she goes so crazy at the vet :crazy:

Aw man they couldnt get blood? I wonder why she goes so crazy at the vet :crazy:

she had a couple of bad experiences as a kitten with the vet.. Rough handled basically and she hasn't forgotten. She obviously associates the vet (smells and atmosphere) with those experiences I guess.. :shrug:

We'll see what the vet says next week.. They came pretty close to sedating her but managed to get that much without doing that.

she had a couple of bad experiences as a kitten with the vet.. Rough handled basically and she hasn't forgotten. She obviously associates the vet (smells and atmosphere) with those experiences I guess.. :shrug:

We'll see what the vet says next week.. They came pretty close to sedating her but managed to get that much without doing that.

Aww, how sad. My vet is really gentle, and talks babytalk to them.

Good vibes for Isabella! :)

My guys get in the office, and they're all "cool! New things to explore!" Although Kitty did hiss at the vet today. :yikes: But they're all good, they've each gained a pound since the last visit, Jack and Abby are 6 lbs, Zoey is 5, and Kitty is up a pound since her surgery, she's almost 10 lbs.

The unusual suckling isn't a huge deal apparently and is quite normal. She said it's a stage they'll probably grow out of soon, but that if they try to do it *too* much to Zoey, that we should distract them, because it can cause mammary infection.

They've all been sleeping since we got home, even the ones that didn't go to the vets. :cute:

Oh! :eek: Thanx everybody for the lovely comments about my baby!:happy:

I love her to much because she is so sweet.

Breaky behaves so good at the vet that I've forgotten how is the normal behavior of cats. Poor baby!

I hope your cat get well soon, U2Fanatic4ever.:hug:

Oh! :eek: Thanx everybody for the lovely comments about my baby!:happy:

I love her to much because she is so sweet.

Breaky behaves so good at the vet that I've forgotten how is the normal behavior of cats. Poor baby!

I hope your cat get well soon, U2Fanatic4ever.:hug:

thanks! :hug: I am sure she will.

Breaky is beautiful :heart:

I hope everything works out for Isabella :hug:

Worf still has her bumps, but the vet didn't want to do a biopsy because they didn't want to put her under because of she's almost 15.

really hmmm.. Isabella is 15. Once they had a good grip on her it the biopsy was quick... That was pretty expensive.. Over 100 bucks just for the biopsy to send to the lab, the whole thing cost me 184 dollars..:|

really hmmm.. Isabella is 15. Once they had a good grip on her it the biopsy was quick... That was pretty expensive.. Over 100 bucks just for the biopsy to send to the lab, the whole thing cost me 184 dollars..:|

I totally understand :crack:

The blood panel probably would have been another $75 - $100. It sucks that we just want whats best for our animals but any kind of medical care costs an arm and leg. I would pay anything to make sure my cats were ok though. People think I'm crazy for always taking Patches in every time she gets hurt. I've spent over $1000 on her in the past year, but I love her and the love she shows me in return is worth it. She wouldnt be ok today if I didnt get her medical care all those times.

:love: Wow, beautiful pics everyone!!!

Ginga's growing up very fast, and he's full of trouble :giggle:

He likes to bring rubbish and leaves inside to make an unholy mess on my floor, and he's also fascinated by my cursor and printer - if either are 'moving' he's trying to either scratch the hell of of my monitor or get into my printer!! I've tried growling at him, removing him etc etc but he isn't deterred. He's also a menace for getting onto my kitchen bench and stealing meat as soon as I turn my back while preparing dinner.....:mad:

Any suggestion? Splat & Ali are good girls - he hasn't learnt this from them....

Sounds like he's just being an annoying kitten :giggle:
Is he fixed yet? That should calm him down...

Sounds like he's just being an annoying kitten :giggle:
Is he fixed yet? That should calm him down...

:giggle: Yeah he's fixed....Ali & Splat never did this....I thought maybe it was just a male thing? :shrug: :giggle:

I'm just uploading some pics of him :love:

I never get sick of kittens :cute:.....Mr G won't let me into a pet store now I've got Ginga....It took a lot of convincing him to let me get Splat 12yrs ago....then having a miscarriage made him soft enough to get me another 'baby', and when I had to have her put down I snuck Ali into the fold...and Ginga just HAD to come home with me.....I couldn't have a house without cats/kittens...they're what make it a home :yes:

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom