For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And these are some pictures of my parents' cats, Leon and Logan. They're brother and sister. Leon is ginormous, and Logan is tiny.

Logan hiding under the rug:

IMG_0231.jpg

Leon saying "Mmmmmm, toyzzzzzz!"

IMG_0293.jpg

Leon and Logan under the Christmas tree. I think they were looking at Jack on the chair across the room.

IMG_0325.jpg

kellyahern said:
Worf went to the vet today.

Basically, we can't tell what the lumps are unless they do surgery to remove them and doing surgery depends on what the bloodwork says that they took today.

And if the lumps were cancerous, would it be wise to put an almost 15 year old cat through chemo, etc.

But the lumps may just be cysts or fatty deposits.

So I know nothing more than I knew yesterday :lol:

As long as Worf acts the same (eating, drinking, maintains the same weight), I think I'll hold off on any surgery unless the blood work comes back really strange.

And the good thing is that the vet gave me some Glucosomine to help her joints :up:

right now, she's giving herself a bath :)
Photo3.jpg

Kelly, all good thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you and Worf. :hug:

Time for kitten pics! :) I've been reminded that I've been delinquent in posting new ones recently, but the thing is, I haven't really gotten any good ones for the past few days. Until today I've been avoiding touching them, hoping that might prevent her from moving them again (so far it has). The towel they were on was looking grungy though, so I had to move them in order to change it.

They're 8 days old now, quite chubby, they've grown a LOT, and when mama jumps into the box, she sets off a kitten frenzy, where they all go after her hungrily. They're little piggies. :cute:

In any case, here's what I have from today:

DSC02025cr.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

Awww.. so cute.
I may be seeing some kittens.. soon.
Bela is really getting big and I still think she was pregnant before she left for 3 weeks. So she may be very close.
I got a bit over confident that her and Lovey were getting along better when I let her out and was holding Lovey.
All was well for about 45 minutes and I was dozing on the sofa with Lovey beside me when Bela approached the bowl to get some food in the kitchen. Lovey took off and chased her into the bedroom and under my dresser - hissing, screaming and spitting all the way.
I was horrified knowing Bela couldn't fight her off without one of her paws and is heavy with kittens. That's the first time Lovey has gone after Bela.
I cried..:sad: seriously.. for Bela and for Lovey doing what comes naturally. Neither one of them was hurt. But I realized I can't leave them in the same room, yet.. Lovey's heart was going 90 miles an hour when I grabbed her away from Bela. Mine was too. :heart: It took about 30 minutes for me to coax Bela out, with what else, chicken salad.

Aww kittums!!!!!! :combust: I love them so :love:

sue I'm sorry.... I really think its going to take awhile, especially with Bela pregnant and Lovey in heat, they are both irritated I'm sure. :hug:

MsPurrl said:
VP, how many kittens are there? I try to count, but lose track when they are in a pile like that. So cute! :love:

I know what you mean! The day they were born I thought there were 7 of them, but it turns out there are only 6. Two tuxedos, one calico and three tabbies. :)

Sue, sorry to hear that Bela and Lovey had a scuffle last night. :( I think the others are right, it's going to take time. At least they were fine for 45 minutes - that's an improvement!

Kelly, have you heard back from the vet about Worf's lab work?

I just took this a few minutes ago. I think you can make out some of the individual kittens a bit better in this one:

DSC02039.jpg

I also experimented with a short video clip. It was way too dark to bother posting, though. I'll try another tomorrow in the daylight. :)

Oh, and a couple of them look like they're trying to open their eyes - yay!

:huh: There was a big male cat fight on our front porch tonight. Both looked like unfixed males and I had never seen one before today. One of them seemed absolutely hell bent on killing the other. My husband even tried to seperate them with the garden hose but they were totally oblivious and could care less that they were soaking wet. There is fur and blood everywhere. Ug. And I have no idea who they belong to. :scream:

Poor Maurice was watching from the door all freaked out, he's a lover not a fighter :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Kelly, have you heard back from the vet about Worf's lab work?

Yes. Her kidney levels are okay. Her thyroid level is a little into the "gray area", so if the lab has enough blood they're going to do a different (better?) thyroid test.

So, far so good, I guess. She's the same old Worf at home :lol:

I love the new pile of kittens pic :cute: There's one tabby with his/her head curled around the calico and he/she has the cutest head.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Yes. Her kidney levels are okay. Her thyroid level is a little into the "gray area", so if the lab has enough blood they're going to do a different (better?) thyroid test.

So, far so good, I guess. She's the same old Worf at home :lol:

I love the new pile of kittens pic :cute: There's one tabby with his/her head curled around the calico and he/she has the cutest head.

That must be a huge relief! :hug:

I have absolutely no clue, but I would guess that a gray area type result for thyroid in a cat that age wouldn't be all that serious or abnormal?

You saying he/she just reminded me - I have no idea what sex the kittens are, and it would probably be a good thing to find out. lol I'm going to try to avoid handling them too much for the next few days, and then hopefully she'll be over her moving them thing. Although at this point, with mom in the box, they're all pretty cramped, so maybe her moving them wouldn't be such a bad thing. I have a couple of bigger boxes ready, but at this age, it should be her moving them, not me.

Anyway, a few days ago I saw this thing online about how to tell the sex of the kittens. There's a diagram, but it sounds like it's still hard to tell at this age. It actually said that it's easier for the first day or two after they're born. If only I'd known at the time.

Bonocomet - :yikes: Were you able to see if they were hurt very badly?

Yes, but I still have no idea what the lumps are :lol:

Oh well, like you said, I'm not that worried about the thyroid thing because Worf is an elderly cat now. I told the vet to do the new test anyway just to see if Worf might need any medication or anything.

Speaking of the he/she thing - we when first got Worf, we thought she was a he :giggle:

VintagePunk said:

Bonocomet - :yikes: Were you able to see if they were hurt very badly?

No, they just took the fight further down the street after awhile unfortunately. :(

Kelly I hope Worf comes thru this ok. I love her name too :)

I always find it funny when animals get named before their gender is clear. Our neighbors had a female dog named Lars. :cute:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom