For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #976
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Great job with the vet visit VP! Glad everyone is doing so well.

You know it occured to me that you now have cats from A to Z!

As for Kitty just seeming the right name for her...I certainly understand. My most recent cat is named Little Black Cat because that's what I called him for so many months before I grabbed him and brough him inside. It just stuck (even if he's not so little any more!).

Old 05-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #977
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:14 PM
vet trips are a trip - VP and sometimes Jack just fits ya know.

The sun bathing cats, MsPurrl. too cute.

I've always love Zoey ever since I learned Sicy said her cat's name, some time ago..

Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #978
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Its funny though that's just her official name so I rarely use it. We call her Boo Boo
Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #979
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MsPurrl
Exciting kitty news, VP.

I haven't posted pictures of my two ruffians for a while. Here they are, welcoming the spring sunshine (in between the crappy rainy days).

Awww! Those are very large cats!

I was shocked at hearing their weights yesterday. Kitty is 9 lbs, and yet when I pick her up, she feels a lot less than that.

Abby and Jack (gotta get used to using their real names) are closer to 4 lbs, but Zoey is just over 3. In fact, despite our calling Jack Chubby Tux since he was tiny, Abby (calico) actually weighs a bit more than him. He's all fur. I would have guessed all of them to be much less.

I was a little concerned last night, they were all very sleepy and lethargic. Kitty started coming back to life around midnight, and Jack shortly after. The two girls were lying around all pathetically into the wee hours, though, and I thought they felt a little warm, too. Zoey climbed onto my lap and just wanted to lie there and sleep, and that's not at all like her, she's not much of a snuggler, and is very rambunctious. They were all fine this morning, thank goodness.

Indra, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not overly creative. In fact, Sarah was looking on a cat name site, and it said that Kitty is the 4th most popular cat name.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #980
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:14 PM
They got vaccinations right? It's normal for some cats to act all tired and lethargic for at least 12 hours after vaccinations. I was so upset after I brought Saki home from vaccinations a few months ago. He crawled under the bed and just wanted to sleep, it was so sad. I had forgotten what it does to them But they are usually fine the next day.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #981
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
They got vaccinations right? It's normal for some cats to act all tired and lethargic for at least 12 hours after vaccinations. I was so upset after I brought Saki home from vaccinations a few months ago. He crawled under the bed and just wanted to sleep, it was so sad. I had forgotten what it does to them But they are usually fine the next day.
Yeah, they did. I guess I was thinking of when I used to take my dog in for vaccines. She used to lie around for 4 or 6 hours after, but she'd usually bounce back by that evening. These guys just looked so little and pathetic and out of it. I was up most of the night checking on them.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #982
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

Awww! Those are very large cats!

Glad to hear your kitties are okay.

Callie is about five years old, and she is a little butterball--weighs about 11 pounds, as of her most recent vet visit in February. But she feels like a feather when I pick up Fergus: he is a huge--very tall, very long--cat. He's about three years old and will go for his check-up in July. I would not be surprised if he weighs 20 pounds! He is a load!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #983
Blue Crack Supplier

Fat Cats!

Sherman is 16 or 17 lbs I think... We have him on a weight maintenance food but it doesn't seem to do much...
Old 05-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #984
Blue Crack Distributor

I think a lot of it may be genetic. The kittens that are most similar to their mom seem to be developing a similar body shape - they're very long and lean, and lost their kitten chubbiness weeks ago. The way they're growing I wouldn't be surprised if they're taller and longer than her - maybe because they're male? - but I definitely think they're going to be slim like her.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #985
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Otto is a big fatty We don't own a scale, but I think a long time ago when he went to the vet last, he was around 20. We him all the same
Old 05-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier

Fat Cats are more fun to pet
Old 05-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #987
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:14 PM

Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #988
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Jack is the biggest of the kittens. But Bela is small so both of the female's are following after her, it seems.
Lovey is not petite but she eats differently like small but frequent meals. That's been hard since Bela will eat all left overs.
Lovey eats on the kitchen counter or I keep Bela locked up untill she's eaten at least twice. It's a real juggling act though and Lovey doesn't get all the food, I feel she needs.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #989
Blue Crack Supplier

Our Callie has an eating disorder which must have resulted from something in her past before we got her from the Humane Society when she was about 2 years old--they'd picked her up as a stray and had her for a couple of months before we adopted her. Anyway, with most cats I've ever known, you can put a bunch of food down; and they will eat some, then go back later for some more.

Callie, however, will snarf up all that is put down, then urp. So we have to feed her just a little bit, every hour or so; and we have to segregate Fergus when he's eating, or else she will chase him away and eat his food, too.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #990
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:14 AM
^My grandmother's cat has a similar problem...we can only put a little bit of food out for her at a time otherwise she'll throw it up. I don't know why that is though, if she generally just has an upset stomach. She's also 15, but has been this way for awhile.