For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #946
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2

Exactly.. I've already talked to Susan - with ARF about getting them spayed/neutered when they are old enough and she is going to set things up.
I'm still not giving up on the other cats around here and will get them taken care of as time goes on. But first things first, which are the kittens and Bela- who will be spayed first as appointments allow.

Glad everything worked out for you, you found out before it was too late, and were able to find an owner who sounds like she'll be loving and responsible.

Quote:
She's starting to want to wander away again. We all know what that leads too.
If you're letting her out, I just wanted to say, be very, very careful. Mine went into heat for the first time almost 3 weeks ago. Seems to happen very suddenly!

Oh, and, I thought of you earlier this evening when I went to the store and was struggling with a 45 lb bag of cat litter. I'll probably be sore for a week.

Cori, glad she's feeling better!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #947
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:42 PM
I dont think Sue is letting her out.. especially after what she just went through

Old 05-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #948
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I went to use my printer this morning and found one of Jack's toy mice in it. I showed it to him, and he had such a look
Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #949
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:42 AM

I love it when cats do something they know is wrong and when they get caught they have the guiltiest look on their face
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #950
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

If you're letting her out, I just wanted to say, be very, very careful. Mine went into heat for the first time almost 3 weeks ago. Seems to happen very suddenly!

Oh, and, I thought of you earlier this evening when I went to the store and was struggling with a 45 lb bag of cat litter. I'll probably be sore for a week.

Cori, glad she's feeling better!
Oh noooo she is not getting out!!

I let Jack and Maxie roam around the front door while I swept up grass clippings that the landscapers love to blow up next to the door but as soon as Bela appeared in the doorway I shot up there and closed it.
I'm not just worried about her getting pregnant but she is practically defenseless aganist the other cats around here.

lol on the cat litter. I'm either buying it or scooping it.

and Cori, didn't see what's wrong, but I'm glad she's better, too
Old 05-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #951
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

I love it when cats do something they know is wrong and when they get caught they have the guiltiest look on their face
I love it when you see them do something stupid, and they get this look like, "I meant to do that."
Old 05-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #952
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Ok so I have to share this story.

Saki has this little puff ball that I call his baby, because he goes crazy every time I pull it out, he walks around with it in his mouth, carries it from room to room, even fetches it when I throw it, brings it back and he guards this thing with his life

Well the other day it disappeared. I searched the entire apartment, up and down for literally 2 hours and I gave up. The next day he comes waltzing in the living room with the thing in his mouth!! OMG like this cat is crazy. He obviously has a very good hiding place for it
Old 05-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #953
Blue Crack Distributor

Phoebe loves to chase little foam soccer balls when I throw them ... if only I could get her to learn to bring them back to me.

I had a belated response from a friend in my LiveJournal post where I asked for advice on Phoebe and her cold.

She basically said that if her cat even threw up, he was at the vet's office within 12 hours.

Um. No. Growing up, our family cat threw up if he a) ate too fast; b) ate a rubber band; c) felt like it. There was nothing wrong with him. He would have been at the vet once every other week if we were that overly-cautious!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #954
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Well, throwing up can be a symptom of some really bad things so I can understand where she's coming from. But this is how I deal with it. If either of my cats throw up once and that's it, I chalk it up to them not having a good day, or a hairball (Zoey JUST threw up the biggest wad of hair I've ever seen ) but if they throw up more than once in a day, and have other symptoms especially diarrhea or not eating/drinking then yes, a vet visit is definitely in order.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #955
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, definitely. The cats I've lived with have just had that random throwing up thing, where they urp once and then go on with their regular day.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #956
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Saki has this little puff ball that I call his baby, because he goes crazy every time I pull it out, he walks around with it in his mouth, carries it from room to room, even fetches it when I throw it, brings it back and he guards this thing with his life

Well the other day it disappeared. I searched the entire apartment, up and down for literally 2 hours and I gave up. The next day he comes waltzing in the living room with the thing in his mouth!! OMG like this cat is crazy. He obviously has a very good hiding place for it

Mine hasn't liked any of the toys we've given her till just recently. It's a small, vaguely mouse-shaped blue thing with a tail-like thing that comes off the end of it, that sounds like it's filled with something similar to a bean bag. It also has some catnip inside of it. All this time, she's never bothered with any of the small toys in the kittens' room, doesn't seem interested at all. But this, she is SO possessive of it. She takes it into the kittens' room from time to time, but when she comes downstairs she always brings it back with her. The past few days she's been out of heat, and she's been racing around the house like a maniac with this thing - she sounds like an elephant running up and down the stairs with it.

The funny part is, I bought her some catnip when we first got her. I sprinkled it on her scratching post to encourage her to use it, but it never seemed to affect her in the least. Maybe I got a bad batch, or something.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #957
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

I haven't been able to find Worf's feather on a stick for a while now .
Old 05-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #958
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

I haven't been able to find Worf's feather on a stick for a while now .

I have the stick and string but both the mouse with feather tail and yarn ball with a feather that attach to the stick/string, are missing.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #959
Blue Crack Supplier

Sicy, I love your story of Saki's "baby."

Fergus and Callie have a bunch of toys, which seem to disappear, then magically re-appear! One of their favorites is a mouse-thing with a really obnoxious expression on its face, and a rattly thing inside. We call it "Smirk", and they both try to wipe that expression off its face quite frequently.

Callie is also quite fond of a rectangular little fabric thing that sounds like there is crumpled-up cellophane inside.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 AM   #960
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

That is a weird lookin toy