For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2008, 05:42 AM   #856
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:24 PM
love the pic in the sock drawer... I really wonder why cats always find the most odd places to sleep in!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #857
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
love the pic in the sock drawer... I really wonder why cats always find the most odd places to sleep in!
It's the curiousity thing. When all 3 kittens went missing yesterday - in a matter of minutes, I found there is a gap in the bottom of the kitchen sink/countertop/shelves unit and the kittens had disappeared underneath the entire unit. I'm not talking about inside where I keep the pots and pans and cleaning products, this is under the entire unit.
I realized after Bela and I had searched for about 15 minutes and I was pulling out pots and pans to see if they crawled in and went too sleep (even though the cabinet door was closed) and she started to meow. Here comes 3 kittens out from underneath that cabinet console.
I fixed that little hideaway since I don't know if the exterminators put poison under there are not. I searched all the cabinet units and found another in the bathroom cabinet/sink unit.
Now I've got to figure out what to do about the fireplace. There's no ashes but I have used it and it sooty. They are curious and Jack had started trying to climb the metal screen

Old 04-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #858
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm glad they came out when their mama called--otherwise you might have ended up pullling out the entire unit! They are so little, they can squeeze into places we never even think of!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #859
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:24 PM
a kitten question

How old do kittens have to be before you can leave them outside by themselves? I realize this is an odd question, but my parents gave me two kittens over the weekend, they are 7 weeks old and eventually i want them to be outdoor cats because my allergies wont allow me to keep them indoors for too much longer. They are so cute and sweet i hate to see anything happen to them, like other cats messing with them stuff like that. They are also both males too so i dont have to worry about getting them fixed.

Anyway i plan on taking them outside as much as possible as long as the weather is nice, to get them accustomed to being outdoors. Right now they spend the night in my laundry room and they seem to be happy with that. They are still pretty small but so playful and fun. One is black and white and the other is orange and white. They both have blue eyes but i think they may be changing.

Thanks for your help
Old 04-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #860
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:24 PM
I am not sure the appropriate age on this question but I would suggest that this should been asked in the Cat thread here in this forum. Don't be surprised if it gets put there..
here it is: http://forum.interference.com/showth...39#post5122339

As for the males not needing to get fixed. You are wrong here, if they are going to be outside cats they will need to get fixed.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #861
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

why do they need to be fixed?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #862
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Garrison
why do they need to be fixed?
Unfixed males wander (looking for chickies ) and as such are much more apt to get squashed by cars than those who are content to stay at home. Plus they get into fights (cat fights can yield some nasty infections leading to costly vet bills), and are more likely to be attacked by other animals and not-so-nice humans. And un-neutered male cats have REALLY bad/strong smelling urine.

Trust me it's worth getting them fixed.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #863
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I see. thanks very much for your response, this is my first time having cats so im totally clueless.

I do want them to keep other cats out of my yard and also i want them to catch mice, will they still do this if i were to have them fixed?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #864
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Garrison
I see. thanks very much for your response, this is my first time having cats so im totally clueless.

I do want them to keep other cats out of my yard and also i want them to catch mice, will they still do this if i were to have them fixed?
Generally they will. One of my brother's cats is 18 and she still chases other cats out of the yard if she doesn't like them (and she doesn't like most cats). Most cats are pretty territorial and will keep most other cats away. And being home all the time instead of on the prowl helps with that too. As for the mice -- almost all cats I know like to kill stuff. Of course some are more obsessed with it than others, but the hunting urge is pretty much built in. I've only had a few that seem totally uninterested.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #865
Blue Crack Supplier

Maybe it's just me, but I think that cats should be kept indoors, if you want to keep them safe!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #866
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:24 PM
I agree MsPurrl, too many bad things happen to outdoor kitties.

Anyway they should be fixed, regardless if they are male or female, indoors or outdoors. For many reasons. Impregnating stray females for one. The animal population is out of control, every cat that's fixed, saves lives.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #867
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I agree. My only other kitty cat was hit by a car because he was an outdoor cat And all those cats in shelters.. it's so sad. Why people don't get them fixed and then let them wander around and breed is beyond me..
Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #868
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

And un-neutered male cats have REALLY bad/strong smelling urine.

Trust me it's worth getting them fixed.

AND they will spray that bad/strong smelling urine everywhere, even if it's outside, your front door/porch/yard will reek.. and keep people away as well.

(it may not be actual urine that's sprayed... not sure on that one... but whatever... it's bad)
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #869
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Old 04-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #870
Blue Crack Addict

^ So THATS what Poshie does while I'm at work

Personally, I think the cats should be neutered AND stay indoors. If they go out, then you should make sure your yard is enclosed. Check your leash laws. In our city, no cat or dog is allowed to roam at large. If so, they can be seized by animal control and you will be fined. If the males are left intact and are allowed outdoors, they will roam, for sure. They will go off looking for females and other cats. Then they will get hit by cars, attacked by other animals, or picked up by people who might like hurting "stray" cats. If you let them out, they WILL get messed with, either by animals, other cats, or people...