For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Callie has been that way ever since we adopted her. I think it must have had something to do with her being a stray for so long, and maybe even her previous life situation(s). We also think she must have been beaten in the past. We've had her for a little over three years, and she finally will make and hold eye contact. At first, she would just hold her little head down--how heart-breaking is that? But she's much better now, and I think she finally feels safe. I just wish we could have had her from the time she was a kitten.

Mine eat their meal all at once (dogs too). I don't free feed, just feed the cats twice a day and the dogs once. The cats eat their food immediately, never anything leftover. Sometimes the dogs don't finish theirs and it gets picked up after 5 minutes and added into the next meal. Too many animals to free feed and know everyone is getting their fair share (and not more!).

MsPurrl said:
Our Callie has an eating disorder which must have resulted from something in her past before we got her from the Humane Society when she was about 2 years old--they'd picked her up as a stray and had her for a couple of months before we adopted her. Anyway, with most cats I've ever known, you can put a bunch of food down; and they will eat some, then go back later for some more.

Callie, however, will snarf up all that is put down, then urp. So we have to feed her just a little bit, every hour or so; and we have to segregate Fergus when he's eating, or else she will chase him away and eat his food, too.

that definately has something to do with being stray... our cat has been abandoned by her mother(or most likely taken away) and been a stray till she was at least 1 or 2 years old, and in the beginning she always ate as much food as she could, usually even trying to steal some of our food too... but the last few years she's finally realising that nobody's stealing her food anymore, and that there's plenty so she now just eats a bit, and then leaves the rest... tho occasionally she still eats too much and throws it up somewhere (usually outside, thank god!)

I guess my cat isn't too happy with me today :giggle:

DSC01637.jpg

I have the funniest pics of Zoey and her facial expressions :lol:
I've posted them before but I may need to post some again in the new thread :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom