For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #646
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 06:22 AM
I've tried the tuna water (it worked before when his teeth were sore) but he's not going for that right now. I did get him to drink up a bit of that special cat milk -- maybe a tablespoon and a half to two tablespoons over the last eight hours or so. And just now I got him to drink up the juice from a can of Friskies loaf cat food (my cats just love canned Friskies cat food -- when they won't eat anything else they will often eat that) and he ate a couple of small bites of it too. It's a start, so I'm pleased with it.

Now I'm going to force feed him a bit of the Prescription a/d canned stuff (it's that really pureed stuff and easy to give with a syringe, plus it's high cal) and then give him his pain med for the night. With any luck he will want to eat more in the morning.
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #647
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 42,652
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I've tried the tuna water (it worked before when his teeth were sore) but he's not going for that right now. I did get him to drink up a bit of that special cat milk -- maybe a tablespoon and a half to two tablespoons over the last eight hours or so. And just now I got him to drink up the juice from a can of Friskies loaf cat food (my cats just love canned Friskies cat food -- when they won't eat anything else they will often eat that) and he ate a couple of small bites of it too. It's a start, so I'm pleased with it.

Now I'm going to force feed him a bit of the Prescription a/d canned stuff (it's that really pureed stuff and easy to give with a syringe, plus it's high cal) and then give him his pain med for the night. With any luck he will want to eat more in the morning.
Hope things are going better. Hugs to you and Loki.
__________________

__________________
MsPurrl is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #648
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MsPurrl


Hope things are going better. Hugs to you and Loki.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #649
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 06:22 AM
I just had a little bouquet of flowers delivered from my vet. Three roses and some baby's breath, etc. I wonder if they thought of one rose for each cat I've lost since the end of October, or if it just turned out that way? Whatever the intention (or lack of intention) that's how I'm going to think of it.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #650
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 03:22 AM
Wow, a vet that sends flowers?
Hope Loki is feeling better soon
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #651
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 42,652
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I just had a little bouquet of flowers delivered from my vet. Three roses and some baby's breath, etc. I wonder if they thought of one rose for each cat I've lost since the end of October, or if it just turned out that way? Whatever the intention (or lack of intention) that's how I'm going to think of it.
Well, that is pretty sweet of them to do that, which ever it is. Our vet sent a sympathy card when Miss Purrl passed.
__________________
MsPurrl is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #652
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,000
Local Time: 05:22 AM
vp since you here more often these days that PLEBans .i put up a special thread I think you'll get a kick out of it!

you &your famiIES!
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #653
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 06:22 AM
Guess who just ate some canned cat food? Yep, Loki!!!

I had him back at the vet late this afternoon for some subcu fluids and one of the vet techs also force fed him (you know with a syringe) a mixture of water and one of these little cans of "cuts and gravy" cat food (I think it was Fancy Feast). Loki didn't get many of the chunks, mostly just water and gravy, but it was more than I'd been able to get him to eat. (The little shit was really good for the tech, but when I try to feed him that way he's a terror )

Anyway, I get him home and he gives himself a thorough cleaning (he had cat food gravy all over his muzzle and front paws) and then takes a little nap. When he wakes up he wants something to eat! That time it was just a little liquid from the canned cat food, but just now he wants to eat again and this time he's more insistent -- and he licked some of the cat food right out of the can! He hasn't eaten a whole lot yet -- maybe a few teaspoons total since I got him home -- but he is eating some and he is showing a whole lot more interest in eating. I'm so pleased (and relieved too)!

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that he will continue to improve.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #654
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 03:22 AM
for good news!

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 06:22 AM
this is great news indra!! yay for loki.... Well needed good news at that...
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 02:40 AM   #656
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 42,652
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Guess who just ate some canned cat food? Yep, Loki!!!

I had him back at the vet late this afternoon for some subcu fluids and one of the vet techs also force fed him (you know with a syringe) a mixture of water and one of these little cans of "cuts and gravy" cat food (I think it was Fancy Feast). Loki didn't get many of the chunks, mostly just water and gravy, but it was more than I'd been able to get him to eat. (The little shit was really good for the tech, but when I try to feed him that way he's a terror )

Anyway, I get him home and he gives himself a thorough cleaning (he had cat food gravy all over his muzzle and front paws) and then takes a little nap. When he wakes up he wants something to eat! That time it was just a little liquid from the canned cat food, but just now he wants to eat again and this time he's more insistent -- and he licked some of the cat food right out of the can! He hasn't eaten a whole lot yet -- maybe a few teaspoons total since I got him home -- but he is eating some and he is showing a whole lot more interest in eating. I'm so pleased (and relieved too)!

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that he will continue to improve.
Glad to hear this--go, Loki! Isn't it amazing how they behave so well for the vet, then are such little turds at home sometimes? Hope things continue to improve!
__________________
MsPurrl is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #657
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
(The little shit was really good for the tech, but when I try to feed him that way he's a terror )
It's always like that for me too
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #658
War Child
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 787
Local Time: 03:22 AM
You're kitties know who is boss at home!
__________________
jay canseco is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #659
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Guess who just ate some canned cat food? Yep, Loki!!!

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that he will continue to improve.

That so great indra!! Maybe things are turning around apetite wise.

I followed your lead and got some canned food for Lovey.
She also licked the gravy off the chunks and then ate a little more dry food.. She hasn't gone back for the chunks but no worries, Bela will eat them. I haven't found anything she won't eat.
I noticed last night the kittens are sticking their heads in the bowl when Bela eats. So I bought some kitten food and will start putting that out for them in case they decide to start eating.
Not quite a month old yet but they are eager little kitties.
They are starting to wobble/run to me when I come in the
room, now. That rocks.
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #660
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 02:22 AM
Pics sue Pics!!
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com