For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ok to wait a few days and keep an eye on her :yes:

As long as she's eating and drinking, its not an emergency. Some cats get 'colds' just like humans. When the eye boogers are green or yellow and she's really gunky, then she may need antibiotics. If its clear or brown (when it dries) thats usually ok and should go away in a few days.

:up: Thanks to you, too!

I've had two friends tell me to take her in, but I think you make the 5th person to tell me it's okay to wait. Majority wins. :wink:

I think if she doesn't seem better by Wednesday night, I'll take her in on Thursday. She's still sneezy and snuffling, but she wanted to play a little just now, so I'll take it as a good sign.

What about her eyes? Does she have boogers and what color are they?

So many kitties, so few homes :( I offered to foster another 2....so far in the past, all of my offers to foster have not been needed (cats get adopted right after I contact)...hopefully the streak will continue...

If I didn't know any better (as in, Mia would never let me put anything on her face without mauling me) this looks like my baby :cute:

177211.jpg

Liesje said:
So many kitties, so few homes :( I offered to foster another 2....so far in the past, all of my offers to foster have not been needed (cats get adopted right after I contact)...hopefully the streak will continue...

My new home prospects are falling through as we speak.
One of the girls that was taking Rose lied to her parents, even after I met her Mother, that I would let the kitten stay here during the time her Dad was home because he doesn't like cats. :| She told her Dad that I would provide the food, and the kitten could come over and visit them!
Oh no I'll keep Rose here, period - thank you very much.

Then the other girl, who wanted Jack and took him home Sunday night told me she had everything for him but as it turns out, she ask me for a litter box and food the next day and said he liked the fish she gave him but made sure it was cooled enough before she fed him but he went to the bathroom on her floor. duh I wonder why.
All my kittens are litter trained and they eat cat food not fried fish.
I will not let my kittens go to these homes. I'll keep them myself and have already decided I'm keeping Jack.
Another young teenager, Hope and her Mother came by last night and she decided she wanted Rose and said she would go buy the pet store and get all the stuff first and really take care of her.
She ask me to come bye and look at all the stuff she bought.
She had toys, good kitten food, a bed and a book on taking care of kittens. Rose has a new home. I feel good about this.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm sorry the other homes fell through but I dont blame you one bit :| There's no way in hell I'd let a kitten go to either of those homes. They need to have some kind of knowledge about cats and be responsible, jeez.

Sicy said:
Damn, I'm sorry the other homes fell through but I dont blame you one bit :| There's no way in hell I'd let a kitten go to either of those homes. They need to have some kind of knowledge about cats and be responsible, jeez.

Exactly.. I've already talked to Susan - with ARF about getting them spayed/neutered when they are old enough and she is going to set things up.
I'm still not giving up on the other cats around here and will get them taken care of as time goes on. But first things first, which are the kittens and Bela- who will be spayed first as appointments allow. She's starting to want to wander away again. :yikes: We all know what that leads too. :wink:

Phoebe definitely seems better since Monday night. She's still snuffling/sneezing a bit (not as much as before), but has a lot more energy than she did Monday. She mostly seems her usual self - purring, playing, eating, etc.

sue4u2 said:

Exactly.. I've already talked to Susan - with ARF about getting them spayed/neutered when they are old enough and she is going to set things up.
I'm still not giving up on the other cats around here and will get them taken care of as time goes on. But first things first, which are the kittens and Bela- who will be spayed first as appointments allow.

Glad everything worked out for you, you found out before it was too late, and were able to find an owner who sounds like she'll be loving and responsible. :)

She's starting to want to wander away again. :yikes: We all know what that leads too. :wink:

If you're letting her out, I just wanted to say, be very, very careful. Mine went into heat for the first time almost 3 weeks ago. Seems to happen very suddenly!

Oh, and, I thought of you earlier this evening when I went to the store and was struggling with a 45 lb bag of cat litter. :yikes: I'll probably be sore for a week. :lol:

Cori, glad she's feeling better! :)

I dont think Sue is letting her out.. especially after what she just went through :lol:

I went to use my printer this morning and found one of Jack's toy mice in it. I showed it to him, and he had such a :shifty: look

VintagePunk said:

If you're letting her out, I just wanted to say, be very, very careful. Mine went into heat for the first time almost 3 weeks ago. Seems to happen very suddenly!

Oh, and, I thought of you earlier this evening when I went to the store and was struggling with a 45 lb bag of cat litter. :yikes: I'll probably be sore for a week. :lol:

Cori, glad she's feeling better! :)

Oh noooo she is not getting out!!

I let Jack and Maxie roam around the front door while I swept up grass clippings that the landscapers love to blow up next to the door :mad: but as soon as Bela appeared in the doorway I shot up there and closed it.
I'm not just worried about her getting pregnant but she is practically defenseless aganist the other cats around here.

lol on the cat litter. I'm either buying it or scooping it. :wink:

and Cori, didn't see what's wrong, but I'm glad she's better, too
:yes:

U2democrat said:
:lol:

I love it when cats do something they know is wrong and when they get caught they have the guiltiest look on their face :cute:

I love it when you see them do something stupid, and they get this look like, "I meant to do that." :lol:

Ok so I have to share this story.

Saki has this little puff ball that I call his baby, because he goes crazy every time I pull it out, he walks around with it in his mouth, carries it from room to room, even fetches it when I throw it, brings it back and he guards this thing with his life :lol:

Well the other day it disappeared. I searched the entire apartment, up and down for literally 2 hours and I gave up. The next day he comes waltzing in the living room with the thing in his mouth!! :lol: OMG like this cat is crazy. He obviously has a very good hiding place for it :angry:

Phoebe loves to chase little foam soccer balls when I throw them ... if only I could get her to learn to bring them back to me. :hmm:

I had a belated response from a friend in my LiveJournal post where I asked for advice on Phoebe and her cold.

She basically said that if her cat even threw up, he was at the vet's office within 12 hours.

:crazy:

Um. No. Growing up, our family cat threw up if he a) ate too fast; b) ate a rubber band; c) felt like it. There was nothing wrong with him. He would have been at the vet once every other week if we were that overly-cautious!

Well, throwing up can be a symptom of some really bad things so I can understand where she's coming from. But this is how I deal with it. If either of my cats throw up once and that's it, I chalk it up to them not having a good day, or a hairball (Zoey JUST threw up the biggest wad of hair I've ever seen :yuck: ) but if they throw up more than once in a day, and have other symptoms especially diarrhea or not eating/drinking then yes, a vet visit is definitely in order.

Oh, definitely. The cats I've lived with have just had that random throwing up thing, where they urp once and then go on with their regular day.

Sicy said:

Saki has this little puff ball that I call his baby, because he goes crazy every time I pull it out, he walks around with it in his mouth, carries it from room to room, even fetches it when I throw it, brings it back and he guards this thing with his life :lol:

Well the other day it disappeared. I searched the entire apartment, up and down for literally 2 hours and I gave up. The next day he comes waltzing in the living room with the thing in his mouth!! :lol: OMG like this cat is crazy. He obviously has a very good hiding place for it :angry:

:lol:

Mine hasn't liked any of the toys we've given her till just recently. It's a small, vaguely mouse-shaped blue thing with a tail-like thing that comes off the end of it, that sounds like it's filled with something similar to a bean bag. It also has some catnip inside of it. All this time, she's never bothered with any of the small toys in the kittens' room, doesn't seem interested at all. But this, she is SO possessive of it. She takes it into the kittens' room from time to time, but when she comes downstairs she always brings it back with her. The past few days she's been out of heat, and she's been racing around the house like a maniac with this thing - she sounds like an elephant running up and down the stairs with it. :lol:

The funny part is, I bought her some catnip when we first got her. I sprinkled it on her scratching post to encourage her to use it, but it never seemed to affect her in the least. Maybe I got a bad batch, or something.

Sicy said:

I haven't been able to find Worf's feather on a stick for a while now :reject:.

Sicy, I love your story of Saki's "baby." :cute:

Fergus and Callie have a bunch of toys, which seem to disappear, then magically re-appear! One of their favorites is a mouse-thing with a really obnoxious expression on its face, and a rattly thing inside. We call it "Smirk", and they both try to wipe that expression off its face quite frequently.

Smirk1205.jpg

Callie is also quite fond of a rectangular little fabric thing that sounds like there is crumpled-up cellophane inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom