For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So I placed a folding chair out on the deck this morning because I wanted to do a bit of reading in the sun. I went downstairs, got my book, came upstairs again, and found this:

IMG_1771.jpg

She's sticking her tongue out at me! I didn't have the heart to move her, so she's still out there now...getting her fur all over the chair while I'm sitting in the cold house. :grumpy:

Beautiful, beautiful kitties, everyone--and VP, I love your new sig. This is totally off topic, but: that show is SO good! Last night I was wishing it would go on after the hour was over. :yes:

U2democrat said:
It's funny how cats can boss us around like that. We're willing to sacrifice our own comfort for them :lol:

I know..what's up with that! :wink:
Last night I came out of the kitchen and all 3 the kittens were curled up on the sofa where I usually sit. Lovey was at my computer in that chair so I just found somewhere else to sit.

GibsonGirl said:
Okay. So I placed a folding chair out on the deck this morning because I wanted to do a bit of reading in the sun. I went downstairs, got my book, came upstairs again, and found this:

IMG_1771.jpg

She's sticking her tongue out at me! I didn't have the heart to move her, so she's still out there now...getting her fur all over the chair while I'm sitting in the cold house. :grumpy:

sorry GG! but that is the most hilarious thing evah! :lmao: Cats are such stinkers! We :heart: them so much tho!

:lmao: So i'm sitting here at the computer and kittens are running amuck and I hear this thump, which got Bela's attention also. We move towards the door and here comes a small pink plastic bin, that I had been using to mix potting soil, moving across the floor - upside down, all by itself. Bela and I watched it for a few seconds as it moved along the dining room and when I lifted it, there was Jack. He had turned it over on himself.
Just a funny moment I wanted to share - in the life of a kittens.
Time to kitten proof.:yes:

Edited to say: GG that pic reminds me of Bela anytime I walk to the fridge, take a drink of water, try to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. Only she doesn't stick out her tongue, she just looks at me like - give it to me I'm starving. :tongue:

Last edited:
this damn cat totally has me sucked into her little world. She's completely disowned my sister for me. I'd gladly give her back to my sister for an ounce of the dog's attention but so far nothing is working and the dog ignores me. But this little thing thinks she's my baby. I secretly love it.....

:cute:
20080404_1619.jpg

attacking my camera string
20080404_1620.jpg

in my sock drawer. This is her favorite spot in my room.
20080425_1621.jpg

arw9797 said:
this damn cat totally has me sucked into her little world. She's completely disowned my sister for me. I'd gladly give her back to my sister for an ounce of the dog's attention but so far nothing is working and the dog ignores me. But this little thing thinks she's my baby. I secretly love it.....

:cute:
20080404_1619.jpg

attacking my camera string
20080404_1620.jpg

in my sock drawer. This is her favorite spot in my room.
20080425_1621.jpg

:giggle::cute:

Galeongirl said:
:giggle: love the pic in the sock drawer... I really wonder why cats always find the most odd places to sleep in!

It's the curiousity thing. When all 3 kittens went missing yesterday - in a matter of minutes, I found there is a gap in the bottom of the kitchen sink/countertop/shelves unit and the kittens had disappeared underneath the entire unit. I'm not talking about inside where I keep the pots and pans and cleaning products, this is under the entire unit.
I realized after Bela and I had searched for about 15 minutes and I was pulling out pots and pans to see if they crawled in and went too sleep (even though the cabinet door was closed) and she started to meow. Here comes 3 kittens out from underneath that cabinet console.
I fixed that little hideaway since I don't know if the exterminators put poison under there are not. I searched all the cabinet units and found another in the bathroom cabinet/sink unit.
Now I've got to figure out what to do about the fireplace. There's no ashes but I have used it and it sooty. They are curious and Jack had started trying to climb the metal screen :lol:

I'm glad they came out when their mama called--otherwise you might have ended up pullling out the entire unit! :yikes: They are so little, they can squeeze into places we never even think of!

a kitten question

How old do kittens have to be before you can leave them outside by themselves? I realize this is an odd question, but my parents gave me two kittens over the weekend, they are 7 weeks old and eventually i want them to be outdoor cats because my allergies wont allow me to keep them indoors for too much longer. They are so cute and sweet i hate to see anything happen to them, like other cats messing with them stuff like that. They are also both males too so i dont have to worry about getting them fixed.

Anyway i plan on taking them outside as much as possible as long as the weather is nice, to get them accustomed to being outdoors. Right now they spend the night in my laundry room and they seem to be happy with that. They are still pretty small but so playful and fun. One is black and white and the other is orange and white. They both have blue eyes but i think they may be changing.

Thanks for your help

I am not sure the appropriate age on this question but I would suggest that this should been asked in the Cat thread here in this forum. Don't be surprised if it gets put there..
here it is: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5122339#post5122339

As for the males not needing to get fixed. You are wrong here, if they are going to be outside cats they will need to get fixed.

Mrs. Garrison said:
why do they need to be fixed?

Unfixed males wander (looking for chickies :wink: ) and as such are much more apt to get squashed by cars than those who are content to stay at home. Plus they get into fights (cat fights can yield some nasty infections leading to costly vet bills), and are more likely to be attacked by other animals and not-so-nice humans. And un-neutered male cats have REALLY bad/strong smelling urine.

Trust me it's worth getting them fixed.

I see. thanks very much for your response, this is my first time having cats so im totally clueless.

I do want them to keep other cats out of my yard and also i want them to catch mice, will they still do this if i were to have them fixed?

Mrs. Garrison said:
I see. thanks very much for your response, this is my first time having cats so im totally clueless.

I do want them to keep other cats out of my yard and also i want them to catch mice, will they still do this if i were to have them fixed?

Generally they will. One of my brother's cats is 18 and she still chases other cats out of the yard if she doesn't like them (and she doesn't like most cats). Most cats are pretty territorial and will keep most other cats away. And being home all the time instead of on the prowl helps with that too. As for the mice -- almost all cats I know like to kill stuff. Of course some are more obsessed with it than others, but the hunting urge is pretty much built in. I've only had a few that seem totally uninterested.

I agree MsPurrl, too many bad things happen to outdoor kitties.

Anyway they should be fixed, regardless if they are male or female, indoors or outdoors. For many reasons. Impregnating stray females for one. The animal population is out of control, every cat that's fixed, saves lives.

I agree. My only other kitty cat was hit by a car because he was an outdoor cat :( And all those cats in shelters.. it's so sad. Why people don't get them fixed and then let them wander around and breed is beyond me.. :shrug:

indra said:

And un-neutered male cats have REALLY bad/strong smelling urine.

Trust me it's worth getting them fixed.

AND they will spray that bad/strong smelling urine everywhere, even if it's outside, your front door/porch/yard will reek.. and keep people away as well. :wink:

(it may not be actual urine that's sprayed... not sure on that one... but whatever... it's bad)

^ So THATS what Poshie does while I'm at work :wink:

Personally, I think the cats should be neutered AND stay indoors. If they go out, then you should make sure your yard is enclosed. Check your leash laws. In our city, no cat or dog is allowed to roam at large. If so, they can be seized by animal control and you will be fined. If the males are left intact and are allowed outdoors, they will roam, for sure. They will go off looking for females and other cats. Then they will get hit by cars, attacked by other animals, or picked up by people who might like hurting "stray" cats. If you let them out, they WILL get messed with, either by animals, other cats, or people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom