For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know.. Can't seem to get my hands on a camera. My sis that has the digital hasn't come over since I last talked too her..
I'm going to buy one of the cheap camera's and take the kittens outside where the light is good. The el cheapo cameras just don't work well for me inside, even with a flash.
Then I have to lock up Lovey to keep her and Bela apart and it's been raining on and off this week, blah blah blah.
excuse's..excuses. I'll get there, just hang loose. :wink:

I'm glad Loki is feeling better :hug: I guess as his gums continue to heal, he'll want to eat more (I know if I had all my teeth out, I wouldn't want to eat for awhile either :yikes: ).

I think the medication Worf is on is making her shed more. This week, she's thrown up two hairballs. She's had hairballs occasionally in the past, but not this frequently.

The second one I found today when I came home this afternoon - on my bed - along with her breakfast :yuck:

I guess it's time to take the kitty brush out again.

:lmao: You guys won't believe this. Earlier today I heard a cat scream, not a growl or hiss, but the Bela and Lovey sound they made when I accidently let Lovey in and Bela wasn't locked in the room and all hell broke loose. I thought Bela had gotten out of the room or something.
I came into the living room and Lovey was hunched down like she was about to fight something. I didn't know what the hell had made her scream.
Just a few minutes ago she did it again, while I was sitting here. I nearly jumped out of my skin, and it turns out that the musical stuffed teddy bear that my granddaugher was playing with last weekend was still on the loveseat. Lovey screamed at when she jumped on the loveseat earlier, and apparently did it again.
I've been laughing my ass off, really. I picked it up and she circled around it and struck out with her paw. It started to play music and she ran. Then she came back and sniffed around it and just walked off.
Never a dull moment with cats. :lol:

kellyahern said:
The second one I found today when I came home this afternoon - on my bed - along with her breakfast :yuck:

I guess it's time to take the kitty brush out again.

It could be the medication aspect of it, but when I first started taking care of Bela she had a hairball incident and I changed her food to the indoor cat formula that helps to control hairballs.
I give it to both her and Lovey, even though Lovey goes outside and Bela doesn't. (and won't untill I can get her spayed)
I also use lint rollers on both cats and now kittens.

Kelly's mentioning about Worf shedding got me to wondering--are the rest of you noticing that your cats are shedding, too? Callie and Fergus both have short hair, but both of them are shedding prodigiously! Maybe spring is coming, after all? :wink:

MsPurrl said:
Kelly's mentioning about Worf shedding got me to wondering--are the rest of you noticing that your cats are shedding, too? Callie and Fergus both have short hair, but both of them are shedding prodigiously! Maybe spring is coming, after all? :wink:

Yes!! My vaccum is about to kill over. I mentioned to someone that I have 3 giant lint rollers lying around. :lol:
Lovey is shedding like crazy. Haven't noticed Bela loosing alot of hair but like I said the vaccum(er) is starting to complain.

PS.. got my camera back today. Don't ban me Sicy, I'm working on it. :wink: Hope the pics turn out ok. Should have them soon.

Last edited:
It's definitely spring. :yes: I took Will and Roscoe outside today to "Furminate" them. They were both very good boys. I :heart: the furminator.

My sister has gone through a very extensive interview process with the Siamese Rescue people. (reference interviews and all :ohmy: ) Hopefully she'll know tomorrow about the cat she wants. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

LarryMullen'sPopAngel's cat has some issues like that... maybe you can pm her.

goddamn it.. isabella keeps getting the conjunctivitis flare ups.. :sad:

she has had at least 3 flare ups in the last 2 months or so. Each time they have gone away on their own and her symptoms are droopy left eye and she just sleeps more, still eats and poops and her behavior is normal.
I have broke down and left a message with a vet that makes home visits but she will have to sedate isabella when she comes cuz she's psycho. Hopefully I will hear from the vet soon and make arrangements for her to come to the house..

Last edited:
When Jack kept getting flare-ups, it turned out he had a virus of some sort called bartonella. He's been 100% healthy since my newer vet treated him for that. He had these problems for the whole time I had him, though. If this is a relatively new thing with Isabella, chances are that's not the problem. I hope she's feeling better soon.

:hug: thanks for that info.. I dont think it's bartonella tho she doesn't have fleas, I never see her scratch herself.. And she is our only pet in the house too. I don't know.. Hopefully I will hear back from the vet at some point this weekend. She seems ok now, I just got home and she is her affectionate self: greeting me when I walked in the door and assuming her fav position on the computer desk next to the monitor.. Whatever it is, its minor.

Do you have the cream that you're supposed to put in her eyes? I imagine they will have to check her out in order to prescribe some. My bf's cat has this issue and it comes and goes but usually goes away with the cream.

I was at the vet today (Worf has to get blood tests because of the thyroid medication) and the tech said I could get over the counter hydrocortisone cream that's for people, just use a very little amount. I think I'll still check with LMPA later though.

Sorry about your kitty's eyes U2Fanatic :hug:

Is there any other vet open on Saturday? We have an animal emergency clinic here, but of course they are a lot more expensive. But when you need 'em, you need 'em.

Patches getting high off catnip :drool: :lol:

patcheshigh.jpg

patcheshigh2.jpg

How adorable, Sicy and Meegannie! :love:

Catnip doesn't affect my cat. I bought some just after we got her, to try to encourage her to use the scratching post, and when it didn't work, I read online that some cats are genetically unaffected by catnip. :huh:

I hope all of the ailing kitties are feeling better soon. :hug:

My babies are growing like crazy. They'll be 6 weeks old on Tuesday. I want them to stay this size, and stay with me forever! :scream: They're fully litter trained, and eating dried food now. Mama is still nursing them a bit, but not that much. I'll try to post some more pictures soon. :heart:

:love: Patches kinda looks like my cat Moo. Moo is 15 years old and not doing so hot. :sad: She is the first cat my family adopted.

We've known for years that Moo has small kidneys. It hasn't really been a problem though. Moo has lost lots of weight in the last few months and is pretty weak right now. I spent some quality time with her this afternoon. The vet says she isn't suffering yet. She still enjoys being brushed, drinking from the sink and a few of her favorite treats. She's not really eating though. :sigh: She probably doesn't have much longer. :(

100_0079.jpg

WildHoneyAlways said:
:love: Patches kinda looks like my cat Moo. Moo is 15 years old and not doing so hot. :sad: She is the first cat my family adopted.

We've known for years that Moo has small kidneys. It hasn't really been a problem though. Moo has lost lots of weight in the last few months and is pretty weak right now. I spent some quality time with her this afternoon. The vet says she isn't suffering yet. She still enjoys being brushed, drinking from the sink and a few of her favorite treats. She's not really eating though. :sigh: She probably doesn't have much longer. :(

100_0079.jpg

Moo is beautiful--love her up all you can! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom