For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Sicy, this is for you:

01AwcAX0nPN-MAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA:.jpg

:lol:

My grandparents' cat gave birth to 3 babies last November. They are so so adorable...and SO wild now!
Here's one of them just a week old

P1010020.jpg

And the same cat a month ago

Kuva012.jpg

(sorry about the quality, I took this with my mobile phone)

One of them has already found a new home, but there's still two left...anyone? :wink: I'd love to give home to one but since I have no idea where life is taking me next, I feel it'd be cruel to take a pet now. :|

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Current kitten count - 5. :cute:

Just think, you will now be able to add "cat midwifery" to your resume! :wink:

I had to go out for 20 minutes and just got back home. I looked, they're all doing fine, but I'm afraid to look TOO closely and count, and see that there's more. :yikes: :lol: : overwhelmed:

I took some pics, will post in a bit. :)

indra said:

Just think, you will now be able to add "cat midwifery" to your resume! :wink:

Fortunately, I didn't have to do anything except sit here and wring my hands! :lol: It looks like she's an ol' pro at this. I went over to look at one point, and she was lying there calmly, and I was talking to her, then I looked again, and there was one halfway out of her!!

I read that first litters tend to be smaller, so I'm guessing she's been through this before, unfortunately. :(

Ugh that's so sad. She will feel so much better when you will be able to spay her :hug:

Okay, first I have to explain, lest you think I'm a bad cat person. lol Over the past while, I've been strategically placing boxes around the house that I'd lined with newspaper and then put a few layers of towels on, so that she and her babies could be all cozy. I was warned by the vet tech that I spoke to though, that she'll have them wherever she wants.

So, weeks ago, my ex brought over a covered litter box that he and his gf aren't using (her cat didn't like it). It had been sitting around in his garage. There was no litter in it or anything, but it hadn't been scrubbed clean. It's been years since it was used, and there was no smell, just kind of dusty. I left it sitting in my front hall, because I figured with her being so huge from pregnancy, it'd be hard for her to get in and out of.

So...guess where she had them. :happy: It kind of makes sense. It's covered and private, and probably warmer than in an open box (I read that newborn kittens can't regulate their body temp till they're a week old). And I guess that cats have had kittens in dirtier places and been fine, right?

Anyway, on to the pics. :cute:

This is back when I naively thought there were only going to be three:

DSC01974.jpg

But wait! There's more!
DSC01979.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

This is the only pic I could get of them so far when a few of them were a bit away from her body
DSC01983.jpg

OMG! They are soooo cute!! :cute:

A bunch of little tabby kittens! Awwww..... :cute: :cute:

Holy Kittens!!:drool:

And it just figures she'd go have them in a dirty litterbox despite your efforts! :lol: :tsk:

VintagePunk said:
Omg, I'm just looking at that second to last pic, and I keep thinking I can see 7. Anyone else??

Yeah, it looks like seven to me too. :reject: Oh my! That's a lot of kittens!

When I was a kid (way back in the dark ages when spaying and neutering wasn't common) we had several cats have kittens within two days -- all together it was 21 kittens of virtually the same age. As the kittens got a little older they weren's too concerened which momma cat fed and cleaned them...and the momma cats didn't seem to care very much either. One day one of the momma's sauntered into the barn where the kittens were and had a wall of 21 hungry kittens thundered towards her -- she took one look and dashed off! I'll never forget that wall of kittens! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom