For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yolland said:
What's the best way to handle a situation where one of your cats needs to lose weight, the other needs to gain weight, and the overweight one steals the underweight one's food if you serve her less? Should we be offering them multiple small meals a day (since neither of them eats more than a few bites at a time) and personally supervising each meal then removing the bowls as soon as they walk away, or what?

I ration feed all of mine, twice a day. They currently eat roughly the same amount (just under 1/4 cup twice a day), but that wasn't always the case. Each cat has a different dish that is a different color and texture. Beckham has a tin bowl, Marijke has a glass bowl, and Posh has a plastic lid (she eats off a flat lid b/c she gets feline acne so her chin shouldn't touch the side of a bowl). They know which dish is theirs and they know the sound of the food in their dish. I always feed them in the exact same order. The order was originally determined based on the speed of the eating. For example, as a kitten Marijke ate slow and had to eat more, so she got fed first. Beckham would scarf, so he got fed last. That way they all finish at relatively the same time. I've always ration fed and I've never had a healthy cat leave food in his/her bowl for another cat to come eat. Originally I supervised their meals and fed them in different corners of the room, but now that feeding is a routine and they all know they are getting some, I don't have to supervise and I know they all get fed. They know when it's time to eat and if I forget, they will HOWL at me.

Fergus figured out early on where the "warm" comes from. :wink:

FergusWarm0308.jpg

"You let your cats get on the kitchen table???" Well, yeah . . . .

FergusCallie031908.jpg

:cute:

We have SO much stuff on our dining room table that you CANNOT see the top of it :reject: Needless to say, kitty visits it on occasion. Gives him a better view/different angle of the outdoors. Morning time he is usually sitting in the den looking out the window.

I love these pics. I've got to get the camera back from my son so I can post some pics of my kittens. He took it last weekend to finish off the roll and I haven't gotten up with him since.
The kittens eyes are all open now and they are growing really fast.
Bela is a good mommie but she and Lovey are still hissing and spitting at each other through the door - so no progress there.
Will post pic's as soon as I get the film developed.
:wink:

kitty love (always in the dirty laundry!)

2352433635_121d486297.jpg

I setup a lawn chair with a fleece cat mat in the basement and that's Marijke's favorite spot
2353266064_10792de23d.jpg

Babydoll said:
Lila I don't think we've seen pics of your kitty for a while! Post one please? :)

I don't have any recent ones on my computer. These were the last two (which are on page 1 of the thread):

Otto-squint.jpg

Otto-Face.jpg

I think there are some on Maddy's camera, but I don't know where she put the memory card, and she won't be back til later in the week. These will have to do for now :)

Aww.. it's so funny the places they find to rest. Chester(AKA Sir Clayton Mofo Higgins :wink: ) has made himself quite comfy on an old blanket on the couch:
kittycouch.jpg

He also loves to sit in the bathroom sink when I'm taking a bath or shower :coocoo:

:uhoh:

:reject:

Would it help if I said I've been too busy playing with them and snuggling them to take pictures?

Sarah took some on the weekend, but took her camera back to school, and her computer's STILL in the repair shop after two weeks, so she can't send them to me. I'll do a major photo session tomorrow.

Lila64 said:

I don't have any recent ones on my computer. These were the last two (which are on page 1 of the thread):

Otto-squint.jpg

Otto-Face.jpg

I think there are some on Maddy's camera, but I don't know where she put the memory card, and she won't be back til later in the week. These will have to do for now :)

Awww, soooo cute! :cute: Otto is a cute name too. Is his full name Ottoman? :giggle:

Liesje said:
kitty love (always in the dirty laundry!)

2352433635_121d486297.jpg

Liesje, your tux cat looks just like Lovey. :yes:
That's as close to a pic of her I can get too at this time.. :wink:

Lila, he's so beautiful .. Just love his coloring.:heart:

VP, Can't wait to see the kittens at 4 weeks. I've been watching for pics to see how your kitties are progressing.
Mine are about 2 weeks behind yours.

VintagePunk said:
:uhoh:

:reject:

Would it help if I said I've been too busy playing with them and snuggling them to take pictures?

Sarah took some on the weekend, but took her camera back to school, and her computer's STILL in the repair shop after two weeks, so she can't send them to me. I'll do a major photo session tomorrow.

New pics soon. :hyper::cute:

Also can't wait to see Sues kitten pics when she posts them. :cute:

kafrun said:

He also loves to sit in the bathroom sink when I'm taking a bath or shower :coocoo:

:lol: I used to have a cat who liked to sit on my mums stomach while she was in the bath. :coocoo::lol:

I took a ton of pictures tonight, and I'm being all indecisive about which to post, so I'm essentially going to spam the thread with pictures.

I couldn't get any single individual ones, they're way too active and squirmy for that now, so I just took out the camera, started snapping, and hoped for the best. I tried to get good, clear shots of each of them.

I had to put them in a bigger box a week? week and a half ago? because the calico climbed out. Last Thursday, they ALL started climbing out of the bigger box, and I think if I hadn't been there, at least 3 or 4 of them would have made it. :crazy: So now, they've been moved to the kitten-proofed room. I got a still larger box for them because at this point I don't want them out roaming on their own in the room, but I go in there several times a day and take them out of the box and let them romp and play on the floor while I'm in there.

When I take them out, here's what inevitably happens - they swarm me!

DSC02099-1.jpg

Here are some of the tabbies. They are SO adorable! They have long, gangly legs. One tabby has really distinct grey stripes, the other has grey stripes but they're not as distinct, and the third one (the smallest of the litter) has quite a bit of brown in its coat:

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02122-1.jpg

DSC02143-1.jpg

Here are the tuxes. The first two pics are of the chubby one, the third pic is the thinner one:

DSC02129-1.jpg

DSC02108-1.jpg

DSC02117-1.jpg

Here's the calico. Despite being somewhat of a wild child at times, she's the most affectionate of the bunch. She's generally the first one to get to me in the kitten rush, and is content to have me hold her and snuggle her. She's a sweetie.

DSC02138-1.jpg

These are the three most likely to be found on my lap, or demanding attention at any given time - the calico, the chubby tux, and the brownish tabby:

DSC02121-1.jpg

I am completely and utterly in love with them all. I don't know if any of you have read The Golden Compass series, but it's like I have 6 little daemons, and I can't even bring myself to think about letting any of them go, at this point. :reject: Thinking of any of them being gone is like ripping my soul out, like in the book. Indra, I might be giving you a run for your money in the kitty department. :shifty:

Every time they do something new, I think to myself that I have to post it and tell you guys. I just remembered one thing - my hands and arms were getting all scratched to shreds. Their little claws are needle sharp! I read online that their claws can be trimmed, so over the weekend, all 6 kittens got manis and pedis. :cute: They were VERY well behaved, very calm about the whole thing, and now it's quite a bit less painful to hold them. lol

ETA - Ava, those are adorable pictures of your grandparents' kitten!! I wish mine would sit still like that for pics! lol

Sue, I keep wondering how your kittens are doing! Give us details. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom