For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sue4u2 said:

All these pics are so great and had it not been for Bela I may have put off getting help for any cat.

Thank's bonoisshot.. and it's all for them. of I can get some of them spayed or neutered then they may be able to get into a home that they may not have not been able to otherwise. I've checked into a web site for break away collars for cats that maybe I can put a message on like spayed/nutered, even if they are feral.
Then maybe someone will see it and take them in.
There is a least 3 male cats around here that are impregnating the females.
I'm just going to do what I can do.:wink:

Call me Jem. Its easier to type out than my screenname. :lol:

It will increase there chances i suppose. Its a shame nothing can be done about it before people like yourself try to help. I'd do the same if i found a cat or dog in similar situation.

indra said:

DP reminds me so much of my brother's Annie cat! She finally decided she liked me last summer (I think the canned cat food I'd give her helped! :wink: ). It took close to two years, but I won her over!

You posted a picture of Annie i think a few weeks ago. :cute: I noticed the likeness then. Cat food bribery :lol:She must have realised shes on to a winner.:wink:.:up:

Sicy said:

He is so handsome. So nice of you to give him some love. He looks kind of skinny to me though :( Maybe thats just the angle of the camera. Maybe you can give him some food :hug:

He's adorable. I keep joking to my boyfriend i want to cat nap him. :wink: We noticed his skinnyness the other day :( i'd like to give him some food but am afraid if i give him something, it might be something that doesn't agree with him. :uhoh:

Any suggestions cat lovers? Tinned or dry food? The cats we had were always fed Whiskers cat food which they loved.

bonoishot said:

He's adorable. I keep joking to my boyfriend i want to cat nap him. :wink: We noticed his skinnyness the other day :( i'd like to give him some food but am afraid if i give him something, it might be something that doesn't agree with him. :uhoh:

Any suggestions cat lovers? Tinned or dry food? The cats we had were always fed Whiskers cat food which they loved.

I would think dry food would be fine (and easier). I'm pretty sure he isn't used to high rent cat food, so I bet he'll do fine on just about any brand you want to get. Or you could get a little bit of both and give him mostly dry food with a bit of canned as extra.

And then he'll be your best buddy for life! :D

P3180021.jpg

:love: meet my new baby....just got him today....he's 6 weeks old........

He's soooo cute! :cute:

This is turning into the kitten thread!! :)

Gluey, he's adorable!!!!! :heart:

Jem, poor kitty! :( I think you and Craig should feed him and make him all cozy, and maybe he'll "forget" to go home. :shifty: Seriously, people who can't even feed an animal properly don't deserve to have them. :(

Indra, at least you have an excuse for coming up with nicknames that become initials - you're probably running out of names at this point. :lol:

:hyper: I've never had an orange kitty before :cute: I've had every colour but! It's gonna be exciting. He purrs like you wouldn't believe and LOVES to get attention......

meegannie said:
We had the box from the vacuum cleaner we bought a couple of weeks ago sitting in our dining room with some crumpled newspaper in it because the cats liked it when hid treats in it and they got to hunt for them. I put some treats in the box on Saturday and suddenly noticed that the cats had been peeing in the box because they thought it was a litter tray. Some of the pee had soaked through to the floor. :scream: The smell was gone after a couple of applications of pet stain and odor remover, but we now have a dark brown rectangle on our light brown wooden floor. This is in addition to all the scratch marks on the floor at the bottom of the stairs where the cats turn when they're running and chasing each other up and down the stairs. :sad:

Welcome to cat ownership :hug:

bonoishot said:

I think dry food would be fine :yes:

Gluey, your kitten is so darling :cute:

Jem, you should totally catnap him and name him Soxxy :giggle: Love those white paws.

gluey said:
:hyper: I've never had an orange kitty before :cute: I've had every colour but! It's gonna be exciting. He purrs like you wouldn't believe and LOVES to get attention......

That sounds very much like every orange cat I've ever had! They have been sweet and very personable critters. :yes:

Oh no, the PALS program where I got Beckham and Marijke (county shelter rejects) has a tuxedo available. God, give me strength!

3-10-08%20Chess.JPG

VintagePunk said:

Jem, poor kitty! : ( I think you and Craig should feed him and make him all cozy, and maybe he'll "forget" to go home. :shifty:

kafrun said:

Jem, you should totally catnap him and name him Soxxy :giggle: Love those white paws.

:giggle: Its tempting. Hes a sweety. I'm seriously thinking about getting a cat. I miss having one.:( I'd go to the RSPCA though and want to bring them all home. :shifty:

Kaf me and my mum years ago found a similar looking cat and looked after him for a few days and called him Sox. :lol: Then we found his owners so had to give him back.

Originally posted by VintagePunk Seriously, people who can't even feed an animal properly don't deserve to have them. : (

:( I know.

Thanks for the advice about the cat food everyone. Will go with the dry food. :up:

Gluey your kitty is adorable. :cute: Ginga, bad hubby. :giggle:

Last edited:
Liesje that kitten is adorable. :love: I want him/her myself. :lol: If you know you can afford to keep him and can give him a good home then go for it. :yes::hug:

Im no good at discouraging people not to get animals. :reject::lol:

Last edited:
Liesje said:
Oh no, the PALS program where I got Beckham and Marijke (county shelter rejects) has a tuxedo available. God, give me strength!

3-10-08%20Chess.JPG

:ohmy: :cute: x infinity!!

Lies... how can you resist...? There would be no way in hell that I could... LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!!! *MELT*

I just saw the orange neighborhood cat sitting at the base of the tree in my side yard. I looked up to see what he was looking at, and there was the little black cat who comes around to visit Jack at the windows most days :ohmy:

I went out, and she was crying and crying. I wasn't sure what to do, because there weren't any low branches for me to grab on to, or for her to jump down on. Finally, she locked her claws into the trunk and shimmied down a little, and as soon as I could reach her, I grabbed her. She wiggled when I was holding her, but as soon as I put her down, he started headbutting my leg and purring.

I'm sure she would've figured out a way to get down by herself, but I didn't like seeing her up there on that little branch. She seems to have gained some weight recently, so I'm wondering if she's going to have kittens. She has a collar, so I'm pretty sure she belongs to someone.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:ohmy: :cute: x infinity!!

Lies... how can you resist...? There would be no way in hell that I could... LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!!! *MELT*

I know, I CANT resist!

However, I overheard my boss call them and ask about that cat. His daughter's cat died a few weeks ago from a blood clot. I suppose it's better if they get him b/c I already have three, though they have two solid blacks and I've always wanted to get a black and call it Friday.

Liesje said:

I know, I CANT resist!

However, I overheard my boss call them and ask about that cat. His daughter's cat died a few weeks ago from a blood clot. I suppose it's better if they get him b/c I already have three, though they have two solid blacks and I've always wanted to get a black and call it Friday.

awww.. I see..

Well if it doesn't work out for them.. Go for it! :wink:

Sicy said:
You do know she already has 3 cats and 2 huge dogs right? :wink:

And two fish tanks! And I had a third dog yesterday but she is gone now.

I probably won't get one of the kittens right now, unless there is no interest and they e-mail me like they always do.....Beckham and Posh are doing well, but Marijke needs some help. She is still somewhat afraid of Coke and also is having a hard time figuring out the cat door so she doesn't come out of the basement a lot. I suppose she could just prefer the basement, but I'd like her to be out more. I need to work on her and Coke and help train her how the cat door works. Actually I might just take it off so there's just an open hole. The dogs can't fit so it doesn't matter whether there is a door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom