For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liesje said:
The kittens grow so fast and you never know how they will turn out. I like adults (especially dogs) because you can get a clear indication of their temperament.
Yep. That's a big part of why I went for an adult too. That and I figure many adults get passed by for the cute little kittens :( It's the same with puppies and dogs. Lord knows I don't have time for the energy of puppies or kittens anyway :crazy: :lol:

sue4u2 said:
I've got to get a camera and soon! :yes:

Keep the camera close. This was a rare occasion for my 2; luckily had the cam within arms length!

Babydoll said:
Oh my gosh Cari, the one on the right is adorable!!!!! What's its name? :cute:

She is PussPuss

kafrun said:
Ooh, Cari, your babies are striped too :D Our kitties would make excellent roommates ;)

I think they would love CA!!

Sicy said:
cruzila that is such a cute pic. :cute: Looks like they get along good.

Thanks! They get along occasionally…. just prior to this I needed to get rid of the multitude of fur clumps on the bed.

:lol: do they 'play fight/wrestle' or are they really mad?

Zoey and Saki chase each other all over the house sometimes with Zoey hissing the whole time, its hilarious :lol: But they're totally playing.

Saki is the instigator here.. Zoey always flops over on her back with her paws up, total submissive pose, while Saki stands over her and gets ready to tackle, lol. And she's got the big old paws! I expect more from her :grumpy:

:giggle:

zoeysakifight205.jpg

^ I love that one.

So this is kind of cute, its outside of my vets office. :D

sequoiavetcat.jpg

Sicy said:

GREAT action photo, Sicy! :lol:

We got Callie from the Humane Society via PetSmart when she was about two years old (so she's about five now), and we took Fergus in as a stray in our neighborhood. The vet said ihe was only about a year old, so he's 2-1/2 now. They do play "chase" quite a bit; but it usually ends up with Fergus jumping on Callie, flipping her on her back, and sliding her across the floor, which she doesn't like very much--she comes up hissing!

I need to know how Bela and the kittens are!! :scream: And photographic evidence would be nice, too. :wink:

cruzila, your kitty on the left look jut like mine! :cute: Except now that the kittens have come, mine has gone back to being tiny again.

Lies, I'm still leaning toward keeping a tuxedo, and by posting pictures like that, you're making the decision even easier!

Sicy, wow, they look all ready for a fierce battle! :lol:

kafrun said:
Ok, so I'm one of you now :D I adopted a kitteh from the Humane Society today :yippie:

His name is Chester(probably soon to change..), he's about 2, and has been a stray all his life. Here's a pic of him from the website:
95567.jpg

Poor babe had been enduring the Calgarian winters alone until some kind soul brought him in last month. His coat is a bit dull and he's been having the odd tummy trouble due to stress, so he's going to need a wee bit of TLC. Personality-wise, he's a total lap cat :cute: He likes to sit and sniff my face :lol:

I pick him up tomorrow after he gets the big snip. I'm so excited! It's been almost a month and a half now that I've been pet-free :crazy: On another happy note, I seem to be over my cat allergies all together :shrug: I've been around many cats lately without needing meds, and I was able to cuddle with a few today and didn't have a single reaction. Go figure..

Aaaaww kaff, how nice!

You can get the Rescue Remedy to help him health-up more. :)

how great i s THAT, that your cat allergies have disappeared!YAY! :hi5:

Go for it :sexywink:

Speaking of that, we started calling Saki burrito :lmao:
Because he's getting kind of chubby, and we already call him Beanz so now we call him Beanz Burrito :lmao:

So I made this :mac:

beanzburrito.jpg

kafrun said:

Here's a total n00b question for you guys:
Chester is a shedding machine. I brush him for ages and there are still grey tufts of fur coming off the brush. I just got a basic rubber brush. Any suggestions for what's best to use?

The Furminator. :drool:

21FP6B0MBYL._AA280_.jpg

I took a ton of new pictures tonight, to make up for my neglect over the past few days. I went into the room and took the cover off the box they were in, and a minute or two later, two of them looked like they were *very* close to figuring out how to climb out. :yikes: So, I put them in another box for tonight. This one is only a couple of inches higher, but I think it'll do till tomorrow when I can get an even bigger one.

Anyway, it gave me a good chance to do something I've been meaning to do for days now - take individual pictures of each kitten. Now, if they want to get a passport or whatever, they're good to go. ;) Ignore the crap lying on my bed - I need to put away laundry. :reject:

Our new home:
DSC02062-1.jpg

DSC02093-1.jpg

Tabby 1
DSC02065-1.jpg

Tabby 2
DSC02067-1.jpg

Tabby 3
DSC02073-1.jpg

Continued...

Tuxedo 1
DSC02075-1.jpg

Tuxedo 2
DSC02080-1.jpg

Calico
DSC02084-1.jpg

And, I have to post another one of the calico - when she got up on my bed, she stood up, and started walking!! You can see it better in this picture:
DSC02088-1.jpg

I don't think they're going to be confined to a box for too much longer! :uhoh:

Also, I can see little personalities developing now. :love: The tabbies seem the most affectionate. When I stick my hand in the box, they come to me. :cute: The tuxedos seem a little more shy, but once you start to pay attention to them, they like it. The calico, even though she's the smallest, is fearless, and really rambunctious! I completely adore them all. :heart:

They're 15 days old now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom