For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #151
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:34 PM

Old 03-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #152
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:34 AM
sue's cat brothel
obviously this can be VERY trying at times!

Aaaaawww VP ~~ they're wonderful!!

BTW...I love your rock & rule T-shirt!!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #153
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:34 AM
this is such a great thread!
I don't post often but I love watching the kitty pics and hearing you gals's stories...
Glad your cat came back Sue and it sure would've been a nice video!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor

She moved them again last night.

Beside my closet I have an antique dresser that's maybe 2 inches off the floor. I heard the sound of just one kitten crying very loudly, and I ran up to investigate. Somehow, she'd and the kitten were both under the dresser! The huge problem with this, beside the fact that it's under a dresser, is that my bedroom floor is freezing cold. I took the kitten out and put it back in the box in the closet, and then she managed to get out herself, somehow.

I went back downstairs and waited. About 20 minutes later, I head the same sound, went back up, and she was in the midst of trying to get another kitten under the dresser. I went and got the covered litter box she gave birth to them in and set it beside the dresser, and put the kitten in. The cat couldn't even get out from under the dresser this time, I had to tip it back to make room for her.

I went back downstairs and waited. I could hear each kitten crying as she was moving it. Thankfully, when I went back to check a while later, she put the rest of them in the litter box.

One of the problems with the litter box is that there's not enough room for her to stretch out and feed them all at one time.

Is she going to be doing this every two days now, hiding them in some weird place??

She still seems completely fine when we're around them, not bothered at all. Most places online say that the mother will move her babies if she feels they're unsafe. This doesn't seem to be the case with her, though. I have found a few things though that say they'll move them regardless, just because of instinct:

Quote:
In the wild, a cat will move her kittens frequently during their first few weeks of life. This is to stop predators from finding her and her family. Some mother cats do this even in the happiest and safest of domestic situations. It is not unusual to see a mother pick the kittens up one by one and take them off to a new place. Mother cats pick the kittens up by the scruff of their necks, and the kittens naturally go limp. This can appear distressing to owners, but it's entirely natural. Some owners reduce the opportunity for the mother cat to move her kittens by keeping them in a restricted space, for instance a small bedroom or warm utility room.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Cuteness overload

Some new pics of Ms Mia

She wanted to know if Bono was ok.

awww!! lookie at ms mia..

on her concern for bono........................
Old 03-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Beckham is turning four about now. I got some snaps of him this morning.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Beckham is turning four about now. I got some snaps of him this morning.

Omg, how do you get him to pose like that?? He's gorgeous!

All of the kitties in this thread are amazing!!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Lies,
Beckham is so handsome!

I too, wonderin how you get him to pose that way too.. He's modeling for ya..
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #159
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Well...you know even if you kept every kitten plus mama cat you would still have less cattage than I do.

How many do you have?

I certainly understand now how people can end up with many more cats than they'd intended.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
Lies,
Beckham is so handsome!

I too, wonderin how you get him to pose that way too.. He's modeling for ya..
LOL, a dog came through the door so he was keeping a suspicious eye out!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier

So many pretty kitties--thank you, everyone, for posting the pictures!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

LOL, a dog came through the door so he was keeping a suspicious eye out!

kinda like this?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #163
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
She moved them again last night.

Beside my closet I have an antique dresser that's maybe 2 inches off the floor. I heard the sound of just one kitten crying very loudly, and I ran up to investigate. Somehow, she'd and the kitten were both under the dresser! The huge problem with this, beside the fact that it's under a dresser, is that my bedroom floor is freezing cold. I took the kitten out and put it back in the box in the closet, and then she managed to get out herself, somehow.

I went back downstairs and waited. About 20 minutes later, I head the same sound, went back up, and she was in the midst of trying to get another kitten under the dresser. I went and got the covered litter box she gave birth to them in and set it beside the dresser, and put the kitten in. The cat couldn't even get out from under the dresser this time, I had to tip it back to make room for her.

I went back downstairs and waited. I could hear each kitten crying as she was moving it. Thankfully, when I went back to check a while later, she put the rest of them in the litter box.

One of the problems with the litter box is that there's not enough room for her to stretch out and feed them all at one time.

Is she going to be doing this every two days now, hiding them in some weird place??

She still seems completely fine when we're around them, not bothered at all. Most places online say that the mother will move her babies if she feels they're unsafe. This doesn't seem to be the case with her, though. I have found a few things though that say they'll move them regardless, just because of instinct:

The importance of kitten proofing.....

Block all small spaces with towels, clothes, whatever you have to do. Make the room completely safe for the mom and kittens. Try putting other things like large boxes and such so that if she moves them it will be somewhere safe.

And Beckham is just so gorgeous
Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Oh Liesje.. Beckham is so beautiful and regal. Feline royalty for sure.

and those kittens VP are just scrumptious.. That reminds me of when we were kids - all the mommy cat's we had moved their kittens all over the place. We would find them in the oddest places. Or not find them for days.. sometimes.
I can also understand how someon could find themselves with mutiple cats. All my sister did was ask me to take a kitten she had rescued. Never got that one but since then I have become surrounded by cats.
and Lovey kept me up all night last night meowing and waking me up at all hours. I feel so sorry for her. But she goes in the spare room tonight and Bela can stay out. I need my rest
Lovey was rolling around under my keyboard a few minutes ago and the next thing I knew she had grabbed my leg with claws out. She never does that!!. Nearly jumped out of my chair and actually screamed, what are you doing!! She just looked at me like What!! and held on. that smarts.. Now she's trying to walk across my keyboard. Silly cat..
My sister took pics with her digital camera, and was suppose to email them to me. I need to call her. I want to post an updated pic of Bela and Lovey, who's name I'm thinking of changing when I can think of what I want to call her besides Lovey. I actually still like Johnny (when I thought she was a he) only spell it with an i.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #165
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
I was leaving tonight to catch U23D one last time before it leaves town, and who was outside... BELA!!
Here I was trying to keep Lovey inside while I shut the door and Bela is outside meowing at me like what? repalced me so soon. Lovey came out and started walking around her and they both started hissing at each other.
I'm about to have a housefull of cats, literally. Bela is definitely pregnant and I'm still not sure about Lovey.
I'm so happy she's back but I have to keep her in the back room so she can eat and Lovey will leave her alone.
The piece of her foot that was injured has come off. Everything looks fine as far as I can tell, but she doesn't want me to hold her it seems, so I haven't looked at it good. Just got back from the movie so I've got to figure out another litter box as well as inspect Bela closer. She hasn't been taken care of and looks like she's been outside alot. I'm letting her eat and letting Lovey calm down. All I can say is: oh my. what now.

P.S. - Kelly that was the cutest video.
Oh wow!!!!! I'm so happy for you! That relief is overwhelming when they come back, isn't it!! I really believed that she has been watching you this whole time, watching and waiting. Cats really don't often go far when they go missing. Sometimes they will, but the odds are always that they are close by rather than taking off. Everything will work out now. That is great news!