For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BD he is just turning 4 years.

Sicy, the garage door is open (not the car door but the people door). He is lazy and it's often open. Thank goodness since it's soooooo cold here. I walked in and didn't see anything at first but then I said to myself (out loud) "Becky you better be in here!" and he meowed back! He was hunkering down on a shelf and his ears were flattened, but he heard my voice and stood up.

I'm not sure how long he was outside. I saw him last night AFTER I let the dogs out. Phil took Coke out after midnight and again in the morning, so it must have been one of those two times he snuck out. So he was either out for 6 hours or 13 hours. Brrrrr!

Now he is in his usual spot on the back of the couch, nudging my shoulder with his face.

Liesje said:
BD he is just turning 4 years.

Sicy, the garage door is open (not the car door but the people door). He is lazy and it's often open. Thank goodness since it's soooooo cold here. I walked in and didn't see anything at first but then I said to myself (out loud) "Becky you better be in here!" and he meowed back! He was hunkering down on a shelf and his ears were flattened, but he heard my voice and stood up.

I'm not sure how long he was outside. I saw him last night AFTER I let the dogs out. Phil took Coke out after midnight and again in the morning, so it must have been one of those two times he snuck out. So he was either out for 6 hours or 13 hours. Brrrrr!

Now he is in his usual spot on the back of the couch, nudging my shoulder with his face.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:cute:

welcome home beckham...now don't get any more wild hairs to go exploring....:madwife:

:reject:

It's my fault. Usually, I am so careful when I take Coke out...but I think I took him out at 1:30 am and was not observant enough. I probably left the door open just enough for him to squeeze out and then he just went on...

I'll be more careful. :reject: :reject:

Got Philk? said:
:reject:

It's my fault. Usually, I am so careful when I take Coke out...but I think I took him out at 1:30 am and was not observant enough. I probably left the door open just enough for him to squeeze out and then he just went on...

I'll be more careful. :reject: :reject:

I'm glad he's home! They can get out so fast, through the smallest of spaces, and they are off like a shot!

Take care.

Liesje said:
I FOUND HIM!!!

He was not on the porch and none of the food was eaten so my heart sank. I tooks the dogs out, looked outside and around the house again and nothing. I was just leaving to go take a certification test and decided to check the neighbor's garage AGAIN and he was in there! He started meowing as soon as I came so I carried him home and now he's loving all over me! He must have gone in there while I was at work, thank goodness.

:D
I'm just catching up on the news.
Yea!!! :applaud: My own heart sank when I read this after seeing his pics recently.
Sooo glad he is ok..:up:

They can get out so quickly sometimes. Lovey ran out as soon as I opened the door. She was in my bedroom window when I pulled up so that's how quick she got to the door and then out.
I looked in all the windows, under the beds but she wasn't in the house. Then it dawned on me.. oh shit she got out when I opened the door. She was just outside on the sidewalk and ran right back in - but there was a male cat out there. :ohmy:
*slaps forehead*

I know this isn't a traditional "cat got out" story....but recently a few guys came over to redo the bathroom (and I mean redo!).....and my female cat Garfield got through one of the holes (where the tub should have been) and somehow she got into area between the basement roof and our floor.

We didn't see her for two days....but luckly I noticed some cat prints that lead into a window in the basement (it was snowing on and off a few weeks before the incident). So my dad checked it out and we found her in a vent that leads to the backyard.

2318001350_c51c444b43.jpg

2317196361_4a75cee422.jpg

2317198927_c1e6c8efd7.jpg

2317203293_ba7a1627cd.jpg

2317206923_3a39b112b4.jpg

We had Mexican food the other night, and Maddy put a tortilla chip in front of Otto and he was licking it like crazy. We had tacos tonight, and I just ate an empty shell at my desk. Otto is sitting on my chair (rather taking up the whole chair :grumpy: ) and I put my hand it front of him and he was licking me :cute: He doesn't usually lick me out of the blue, so I was very happy. All I have to do now is smell/taste like a tortilla chip :giggle:

And he generally does not eat human food, so... that's my story for tonight :happy:

LOL, he would LOVE Kenya then! Some dogs emit the smell of tortilla or corn chips (like Fritos) from the glands in their paw pads. Kenya smells like chips a lot! Maybe that's why Beckham is partial to her.

Yay Becks! :hug:

And yes cats are sneaky bastards. Every time I come home, my cats hear me ahead of time and try to dart out the door when I open it, but luckily I'm in an apartment in a closed building so they cant get very far, so I just shoo them back in but yeah, when I come home now I stick my foot in first because I know they're there waiting :shame:

Otto hears when we come home as well. You can seem him looking out the front window, and he basically just comes to greet us. The door can be open for a few seconds, but he doesn't really try & get out (he might have tried when he was younger).

As for chicken, we've had it for lunch a few days this week, and he might take one bite of it, but that's about it...

Phoebe's new habit is to stretch out on her back, paws hanging all over ... and stay like that for a long time. It's the funniest kitty pose I've ever seen! It's like at first she'll do it and look at me, like she's begging for me to come rub her belly, but then ten minutes later I'll look over and she's dozing like that!

The pictures don't do it justice.

Phoebeback.jpg

Phoebeback2.jpg

That looks like,"Rub my belly!"

Fergus and Callie will chase us for nacho chips, but they don't care for other flavors. Callie is a chicken junkie--Fergus usually thinks he wants some, too, just because Callie has some; but then he doesn't eat it. :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! Zoey does the exact same thing! It's so funny. I call her a hooker :giggle:

hotboo.jpg

boolaying.jpg

booupsidedown.jpg

cuteupsidedown.jpg

VintagePunk said:
I just took this a few minutes ago. I think you can make out some of the individual kittens a bit better in this one:

DSC02039.jpg

I also experimented with a short video clip. It was way too dark to bother posting, though. I'll try another tomorrow in the daylight. :)

Oh, and a couple of them look like they're trying to open their eyes - yay!

OMG!! Dies. :faint: Sooo cute. I want a kitten. :combust:

Sicy said:
LMAO!!! Zoey does the exact same thing! It's so funny. I call her a hooker :giggle:

:giggle:

What beautiful fur your cats have Sicy. :love:

Awww Isabella :cute:, Liesje glad you found Beckham, hes a gorgeous kitty. Phoebe, Leon and Logan are all :cute::love:

This thread really makes me want to get a cat. I miss having animals. :(

VP's mother cat looks like my old cat Tigger, so everytime i see a pic of her it makes me smile. :D

So I did an experiment. I went outside and left the door open, but not the one outside...sure enough, there goes Beckham out the door on to the screened in porch.

The thing is, he hides in there...under a little table. So either time I took out the dog, he could have gotten out, and hid under there. Since it was dark both times, I probably never saw him. AND, the door to the outside usually does not close so he probably just waited for me to pass on by, and then snuck outside.

The nice thing about Beckham is he moves very slow when he's uncertain so I usually catch him if he sneaks out behind me.

I feel like a scientist running experiments. :D

The kittens are opening their eyes! I first noticed yesterday that a few of them were half open. Here are a few pictures Sarah took a while ago:

DSC02046-1.jpg

DSC02045-1.jpg

Also, when I check on the kittens, mama generally jumps in the box after a few minutes, and they start nursing. I tend to leave them alone while they're doing this. Last night I stayed and watched for 10 minutes or so. OMG, those kittens are FIERCE when they're trying to jockey for a spot to feed! :yikes: Especially the calico, she's brutal! She was moving down along the line of nursing kittens, trying to get them out of the way, to make room so she could get in there. She was batting and clawing at her brothers and sisters like a prizefighter! I think she's going to be an ornery one.

VintagePunk said:
The kittens are opening their eyes! I first noticed yesterday that a few of them were half open. Here are a few pictures Sarah took a while ago:

DSC02046-1.jpg

DSC02045-1.jpg

Also, when I check on the kittens, mama generally jumps in the box after a few minutes, and they start nursing. I tend to leave them alone while they're doing this. Last night I stayed and watched for 10 minutes or so. OMG, those kittens are FIERCE when they're trying to jockey for a spot to feed! :yikes: Especially the calico, she's brutal! She was moving down along the line of nursing kittens, trying to get them out of the way, to make room so she could get in there. She was batting and clawing at her brothers and sisters like a prizefighter! I think she's going to be an ornery one.

Awwww, VP--they are just darling! Calico girls do have a reputation for being fierce, but good mothers. :wink: I can attest to the fierce; our Callie's "calico gene" kicks in occasionally, and she's a force with which to be reckoned! Thank goodness she has no fangs.

CallieYawn.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom