For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #901
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Pusspuss & Mr. Luigi =
Zooropa =
Chloe & U2Dem hairball and all!

I went to get my hair done yesterday, and kept hearing this high pitched meowing/mewing. I asked what it was, and they told me that one of the workers there found (I think) about 12 kittens in the new place she moved into, but there was no mommy around. They had brought one in. Another woman thought the kitty couldn't be more than about 3 weeks old. Grey with a white spot. She said Siamese, but the kittly looked nothing like a Siamese. I held him for about a minute. He was shaking/shivering. They were just passing him around, and then the lady who had brought him in seemed to cuddle & wrap him up in a blanket. He had just eaten a little something prior to my holding him. He was so

Kittens
I hope they all find homes!

Lies, pretty kitties!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #902
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
don't wanna open this door and let us out?

I like how you caught it's ear flicking on the whiskers

Old 10-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #903
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Local Time: 09:12 AM
This weekend I was out for about 3 hours and i came home and my poor pusspuss was stuck! I didn't see her when I came home, then noticed that I saw her partially outside!!! She is not an outdoor cat, we live on the 5th floor with a VERY welcoming tree that hangs over my balcony. I had the screen door open a little bit... enough for her head to get through but not her body. She managed to rip the screen and got out, but couldn't get back in. When I found her, her backside was outside, her body was through the screen and her head was pressed in between the sliding glass door and the screen.

When I pulled her out she was quite happy to see me and clinged to me. Thank goodness she was safe!!

Question..... how do you get older cats from scratching? Pusspuss is 3 and she has started to claw my mattress and began clawing at my dresser drawers to try and open them. every single morning she gets up and begins clawing to try and open my drawers, then starts on my mattress. she runs when she hears the water bottle, but she constantly comes back for more.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

Does she have something to scratch? Most cats prefer sisal and corrugated cardboard over carpeted posts. Keep the nails short and dull (or use Soft Paws). Praise and reward scratching of the appropriate surfaces.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #905
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
As always, great photos

I challenge anybody to take a truly ugly photo of a cat. It's darn near impossible!

i take that challenge.. mind you it wasn't easy...

Old 10-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #906
Blue Crack Supplier

Now, that's one scary cat!

I'm leaving Tuesday on a trip to Disney World and then to Sanibel Island, Florida, so I did the majority of my packing today, as I have to work tomorrow. As usual, Callie and Fergus thought it would be a great idea to help me, to the extent that both of them were in my suitcase at the same time. Of course, when I went to get my camera, they got out. So here are a couple of recent pictures of them, anyway. I'll miss my furkids, but MrPurrl will take good care of them.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #907
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

I put that in the "So ugly it's cute" category
Old 10-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #908
Blue Crack Addict

OMG, Sanibel Island (actually I'm partial to Estero Island, but...same diff!!). I'm jealous.

Anyway, cats....
Old 10-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, that place looks gorgeous!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #910
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

"You have to sleep sometime, bitch. And when you do, I will get my revenge!"

Old 10-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #911
Blue Crack Addict

Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #912
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
OMG, Sanibel Island (actually I'm partial to Estero Island, but...same diff!!). I'm jealous.

Anyway, cats....
Great picture, Lies--I can't wait. Once in a while, we will see some of the feral cats on the island--and there's a bobcat, too!

http://forum.bestofsanibelcaptiva.co...pic.php?t=5330
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #913
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

"You have to sleep sometime, bitch. And when you do, I will get my revenge!"

Old 10-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #914
ONE
love, blood, life

From the Awww.... files:

Quote:
Stephens City — A local golden retriever’s motherly instinct is going beyond her own species.

The dog named Honey hadn’t given birth in 18 months — but an orphaned kitten’s cries made her start producing milk.

"Two or three days later, she started lactating," said Honey’s owner, Jimmy Martin. "She’s like a mother to this kitten."

Martin’s wife, Kathy Martin, said her jaw dropped the first time she saw the kitten suckling from Honey.

"This is another species all together, not even a cat," said Kathy. "I’ve heard of animals having litters and taking two, but never lactating because something new came in."

A bold move brought the stray kitten into the Martins’ lives about six weeks ago.

"She ran in front of me in my concrete truck," said Jimmy, who drives for Crider & Shockey Inc.

When he saw the little gray-striped blur rush past, Jimmy jumped out of his concrete truck and followed her to a stray tire at the company’s Front Royal plant.

"A mama cat wasn’t in sight," he said. "She was all by herself."

Immediately, the 6-foot-2, 290-pound man said the tiny kitten stole his heart because she reminded him of a cat he used to have.

"She was so pretty. I held her and brought her home. I had to wrap her in a towel because she was still so little," he said.

The kitten slept all the way home on the towel — but Jimmy wasn’t sure how he was going to keep her alive after they arrived at his Stephens City residence.

"I had to find a bottle to feed her," said Jimmy. "But she wouldn’t drink from it."

Jimmy’s mother, Ruth Martin, who lives with the family, didn’t think the kitten was going to make it.

"They’re so hard to feed because they’re so tiny," she said.

Given the circumstances, Kathy tried not to get too attached and started asking people at work if they would consider adopting the kitten.

Meanwhile, Jimmy named her Precious — and their children started declaring that Precious was a part of the family.

"She’s such a cute little kitten," said Serenity Martin, 9.

Her little brother, 6-year-old Jacob Martin, agreed.

"She feels soft," he said.

Yet no one was more excited about Precious than Honey.

She would wag her tail and prance all over the house, trying to get a peek at her new playmate.

"We tried to keep Honey away [from Precious] at first because she was so excited," said Kathy.

They were afraid Honey would play too rough — but the dog’s enthusiasm eventually wore them down.

To everyone’s surprise, Honey toned down her typical exuberance for the little kitten.

"She started licking her and loving her. Within a couple of days, Honey started naturally lactating," said Kathy. "The kitten took right to her, and she started nursing her."

After that, Kathy couldn’t imagine giving Precious away.

"Honey decided we were going to keep the kitten," she said.

When the Martins told a veterinarian about Honey and Precious, they learned that such maternal acts happen on rare occasion.

Media reports from around the country have recorded stories of a cat nursing a pug puppy and a dog nursing a piglet.

And a tiger at a zoo in Thailand reportedly took on a litter of piglets — so maybe it’s not such a stretch for dogs and cats to get along after all.

Nowadays, Precious occasionally plays with dog bones, and Honey lets Precious gnaw on her like a puppy.

"She thinks she’s a dog," said Kathy. "She’s really fit right in."

Ultimately, both pets have earned their names.

"Precious really is precious," said Kathy. "And Honey has really proved to be a honey."
and links to a couple of pics:

pic 1

pic 2
Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #915
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
^ Awww, that's a great story.