For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #841
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Yeah I want an orange tabby to call Carrot Stick, lol.

Look, he's in our shelter right now!

I also want this kitten! A Poshie twin

Old 09-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #842
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:00 AM
I love orange tabbies!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #843
Blue Crack Supplier

Very cute kitties--look at the tail on that tuxedo!

We have a bird feeder and a bird bath in our back yard. For the past week or so, at at various times, there are been some young kittens visiting the bowl of water we have at ground level for the ground hogs, possums, etc. One is black, one is orange and white, and one is an orange tabby. They are so cute, but we can't start feeding them, as we already have two indoor kitties, which seem to be enough.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #844
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Orange kitties

Has anyone else noticed that Friskies Dental Diet is becoming more difficult to find? The Friskies website indicates that they're still making it, but it's no longer available at my grocery store. In the past, it's been sold out, but there's always been a slot for it.

I've been too sick lately to check other stores in the area to see if they still carry it. I got Jack a bag of Purina Naturals yesterday, and he's been really eating that, but I'm hoping not to have to switch him permanently. He likes Dental Diet, and the vet says he has great teeth.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #845
Blue Crack Addict

I haven't tried Friskies before, but any food with corn and corn gluten meal being the first and third ingredients is worrisome to me. Most grains and "gluten" products are fillers and can cause more harm than good (considering the recent recalls). I recently switched from Authority, which is also pretty crappy but was the only food so far they all could stomach and now they are on Eagle Pack Holistic and are doing great which has me thrilled b/c finally they are on a corn, wheat, and soy-free food. It's also comparable in price to the other foods I've been trying (Wellness, Blue Buffalo...) and the ingredients list looks good to me (I actually prefer a meat "meal" over the meat b/c the meal means that moisture has been removed. A straight up meat product is mostly moisture and less meat):
Quote:
Ingredients: Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meals, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (Preserved With Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Oatmeal, Menhaden Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Tomato Pomace, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Chicken Flavor, Carrots, Sun-Cured Alfalfa, Peas, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Quinoa (Organic), Taurine, Apples, Blueberries, Inulin, Choline Chloride, Cranberries, Dehydrated Kelp, Beta-Carotene, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, DL-Methionine, Polysaccharide Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese and Copper, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin A Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Vitamin B 12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone and Cobalt Sulfate, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #846
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:00 AM
As much as I love them, my cats can drive me insane. I'm expecting company today, so I spent the last two days cleaning the house from top to bottom. I ran out to the store to grab some food before they arrived, and when I got back, the house was a disaster area. All of the dining room chairs had been knocked over. One of them knocked a whole in the wall. Two plants that had just been watered where down, leaving nice muddy puddles. Cat toys everywhere. I've found a pile of them on the sofa, a couple in chairs, even on on the dining room table. I don't know what happened or which one of my three angels were the culprits. Given how innocent all of them all looking, they all had their little role.

I've never seen them do anything like this before. As frustrating as it was, I have to laugh. I never knew they could make the house look like a tornado came through.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #847
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ylimeU2
As much as I love them, my cats can drive me insane. I'm expecting company today, so I spent the last two days cleaning the house from top to bottom. I ran out to the store to grab some food before they arrived, and when I got back, the house was a disaster area. All of the dining room chairs had been knocked over. One of them knocked a whole in the wall. Two plants that had just been watered where down, leaving nice muddy puddles. Cat toys everywhere. I've found a pile of them on the sofa, a couple in chairs, even on on the dining room table. I don't know what happened or which one of my three angels were the culprits. Given how innocent all of them all looking, they all had their little role.

I've never seen them do anything like this before. As frustrating as it was, I have to laugh. I never knew they could make the house look like a tornado came through.
oh no! and that's at the same time. wow what little holy terrors they are... like the tasmanian devil from the looney toons cartoons..
Old 09-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #848
Blue Crack Addict

Um, wow I would NOT be pleased! When mine get to rambunctious I put them down in the basement. We have this pile of empty boxes from when we moved. The cats LOVE the box pile b/c they can all pounce, chase, and hide in the boxes. The other night it sounded as though someone was actually moving house. I went to check and they had moved ALL of the boxes all over the basement!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:44 PM   #849
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:00 AM
Meet my parents new cat Tiffy!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #850
ONE
love, blood, life

What a pretty kitty!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #851
ET
The Fly

Just found this thread!! not her greatest pic, but this is Roxy...she's about 15 I think..an only cat....just found out I have to give her thyroid meds....bummer....
Old 09-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #852
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ET

Just found this thread!! not her greatest pic, but this is Roxy...she's about 15 I think..an only cat....just found out I have to give her thyroid meds....bummer....
Roxy's pretty.

One of my cats takes thyroid medication -- it's not too bad to do.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #853
Blue Crack Addict

Kenya tried to play with Posh today, lol. Posh was sitting by the sliding door by some shoes. Kenya did the dog play bow, some play growls, and started prancing around and pawing at the shoes. Posh just gave her a hard stare and then ignored her.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #854
ONE
love, blood, life

I saw a cat in a window today that looked a lot like Posh!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #855
Blue Crack Supplier

Tiffy and Roxy!