For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonosgirl84 said:
Cat Fish! :love:

100_0055.jpg

:lol:

MsPurrl, your kitties are gorgeous! :cute:

Fergus reminds me of my first cat, Garfield.

ylimeU2 said:
I haven't managed to get any good action shots yet, but here are a couple of attempts.

Those were great! :lol: :applaud:

Everyone's kitties are so cute! :cute:

bonosgirl84 said:
Cat Fish! :love:

100_0055.jpg

KIF_1945.jpg

Oooh your kitty's a bit like mine!! I haven't seen many with this colouring before - Bonita Ali :wink: always gets a lot of comments when she's at the vet!

gluey said:

KIF_1945.jpg

Oooh your kitty's a bit like mine!! I haven't seen many with this colouring before - Bonita Ali :wink: always gets a lot of comments when she's at the vet!

Gluey, she's beautiful! Is she a dilute calico? Does she also have "the calico gene" (my Callie does!) where she short-circuits and turns into a demon for no apparent reason, then is instantly her own sweet self again? :ohmy:

MsPurrl said:

Gluey, she's beautiful! Is she a dilute calico? Does she also have "the calico gene" (my Callie does!) where she short-circuits and turns into a demon for no apparent reason, then is instantly her own sweet self again? :ohmy:

I don't know what she is....she was from the pet store and there was no background. I'd never seen one with markings like hers and I was smitten! A demon is an understatement!! She's all lovely until you dare cuddle her, then it's fight to the death time!! She growls and carries on until you let her go, the she acts as if nothing happened! She also LOVES to give my 11 yr old cat a hard time - ALWAYS trying to play fight with her and make her life a misery!! I love her to bits though!

This is my 11yr old 'baby' called Splat.....She's such a part of me that I am dreading the thought of her getting older and dying :(

KIF_1951.jpg

KIF_1949.jpg

KIF_1950.jpg

Do any of you have any idea as to what breeds may be in her? Sorry about the black background. She gets very grumpy about being made to pose and you have to literally get pictures of her wherever you find her!! In the sunlight her coat is a very very dark chocolate brown. See how under her coat is is literally silver/white! She was a freebie from our local paper, again no background. She has always attracted attention for her colouring too!! And she won a radio competition for her ability to 'growl' along to Tom Jones singing 'Sex Bomb'.. :giggle:

gluey said:
And she won a radio competition for her ability to 'growl' along to Tom Jones singing 'Sex Bomb'.. :giggle:

:lmao:

Cats can live for a very long time so don't worry! Your cats are lovely. I've never seen a cat with a sliver undercoat, unusual but very cool!

gluey said:
This is my 11yr old 'baby' called Splat.....She's such a part of me that I am dreading the thought of her getting older and dying :(

KIF_1951.jpg

KIF_1949.jpg

KIF_1950.jpg

Do any of you have any idea as to what breeds may be in her? Sorry about the black background. She gets very grumpy about being made to pose and you have to literally get pictures of her wherever you find her!! In the sunlight her coat is a very very dark chocolate brown. See how under her coat is is literally silver/white! She was a freebie from our local paper, again no background. She has always attracted attention for her colouring too!! And she won a radio competition for her ability to 'growl' along to Tom Jones singing 'Sex Bomb'.. :giggle:

What a cool colour! It's very striking.

And I adore her name too. Splat. :lmao:

indra said:

And I adore her name too. Splat. :lmao:

We lived next to a busy road when we got her....so she was named after what we thought would happen to her!! :giggle: I think that in doing that it somehow made her determind to prove us wrong!! She has incredible road sense!

gluey said:

I don't know what she is....she was from the pet store and there was no background. I'd never seen one with markings like hers and I was smitten! A demon is an understatement!! She's all lovely until you dare cuddle her, then it's fight to the death time!! She growls and carries on until you let her go, the she acts as if nothing happened! She also LOVES to give my 11 yr old cat a hard time - ALWAYS trying to play fight with her and make her life a misery!! I love her to bits though!

Her coloring reminds me of one of our "porch cats" a couple of years ago--we couldn't take her in because we had an elderly kitty (20-1/2 years old) named Miss Purrl who didn't like other cats. Anyway, we fed and sheltered this girl on our porch until we found a home for her. We had named her "Pixie", and the folks who took her in kept the name.

Pixie011406.jpg

(Sicy, no need to add this one--thanks.)

There's a kitty who lives under my landlords' porch and in the bushes outside our house. They don't like cats, so they don't pay any attention to him, but I like to peek in and see him. He always runs away if I get too close, but I don't try to touch him, and he was purring today when I talked to him. He's so skinny :(

I left a little bowl of food near the bushes this afternoon when I knew he was out there. When I went out an hour later, the food was all gone and the bowl was tipped upside down. I can't possibly have another kitty, but if nothing else, he'll get comfortable enough with me that I can take him to the shelter where I got Jack by the time winter comes.

That's sad. :( Maybe he's lost or was dumped. It could take a long time, but I bet you could gain his trust. Just leave the food and sit close by but dont make sudden movements. Let him get comforable with your presence and then after some time try to get him to eat out of your hand. That's how it all started with my Patches. And she was 100% feral. Now she is the most loving, affectionate cat I've ever known.

:cute:

That is really cool. I love the quote he used on the first page:

Henry Beston
Author (1888-1968)

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate for having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein do we err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with the extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

That kitten looks like a baby Jack :cute:

Next Friday it will be 3 years since I adopted Jack. I celebrate his birthday then, since I don't know when he was born. I ordered him some toys from ebay. We'll see if he likes honeysuckle!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
That kitten looks like a baby Jack :cute:

Next Friday it will be 3 years since I adopted Jack. I celebrate his birthday then, since I don't know when he was born. I ordered him some toys from ebay. We'll see if he likes honeysuckle!

Looks like a baby Fergus, too. On July 3 it will be a year since we took him in, but he was "about" a year old.

MsPurrl said:
About two weeks ago, my cousin's son found a tiny, tiny kitten outside his house in Virginia. She's provided updates on "Sir Simon, the Orange", including pictures and short videos. If anyone is interested, it will make you say, "Awwwwwww . . . ."

http://www.art-rageous.net/artrageousblog/?p=44

http://www.art-rageous.net/artrageousblog/?p=45

http://www.art-rageous.net/artrageousblog/?p=46

:cute:

Oh what a cute kitten! :cute:

I stopped in to my vet last week and one of the techs had a litter of four three week old kittens she was fostering. She brought one -- a female grey tabby -- out for me to cuddle. It snuggled up to me on the counter as if to ay "hi! I'm your new kitten. Take me home!" She (and all her littermates) was soooo adorable. I did want to run right over to the shelter and put in to adopt her, but I have too many as it is. Still I'll probably look at them every time I go into the vet....

indra said:

Oh what a cute kitten! :cute:

I stopped in to my vet last week and one of the techs had a litter of four three week old kittens she was fostering. She brought one -- a female grey tabby -- out for me to cuddle. It snuggled up to me on the counter as if to ay "hi! I'm your new kitten. Take me home!" She (and all her littermates) was soooo adorable. I did want to run right over to the shelter and put in to adopt her, but I have too many as it is. Still I'll probably look at them every time I go into the vet....

Awwwwww! That's kinda how I got Callie. Last weekend, my sister in Florida adopted two brothers that are about three months old, an orange tabby and a gray tabby. She named them Jack and Smokey Joe. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom