For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #601
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Patches the cutie

I took Worf to the vet Thursday for her rabies shot and they had this little kitten to give away that looked just like a mini-patches, except I think it had green eyes. It was so cute . Worf was yowling as usual for the trip to the vet, so when we got there I held up Worf's carrier so she could see the kitten, trying to distract her. The kitten reached her paw out like she wanted to play with Worf .

It was odd because my vet usually does not have any kittens available for adoption, but the vet said someone left that kitten at the office and it was there in the morning when they came to open. It has been there a long time, they said .

I would have taken it, but Worf does NOT play well with others at all. I hope someone takes it.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #602
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:15 PM
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=15357359

Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #603
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

I took Worf to the vet Thursday for her rabies shot and they had this little kitten to give away that looked just like a mini-patches, except I think it had green eyes. It was so cute . Worf was yowling as usual for the trip to the vet, so when we got there I held up Worf's carrier so she could see the kitten, trying to distract her. The kitten reached her paw out like she wanted to play with Worf .

It was odd because my vet usually does not have any kittens available for adoption, but the vet said someone left that kitten at the office and it was there in the morning when they came to open. It has been there a long time, they said .

I would have taken it, but Worf does NOT play well with others at all. I hope someone takes it.
I hope someone takes the kitten, too. It's always so sad to see so many cats/kitten available for adoption; we can only hope that they find good forever homes.

And I hope Worf is doing well!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #604
Refugee

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Dogs are better!

Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #605
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98
Dogs are better!

*kicks Infinitum98 out the door*

u spy... get out..!!

Old 08-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #606
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Dogs are better!

Get out! Go to the dog thread!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #607
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Dogs are better!

That's what my Heeler says too!

The cats, however (who out number him), disagree. There are times he gives me the "Mummy, these cats are making my life a living Hell" look.

But he'd be lost without at least some cats for him to try to tell what to do.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #608
War Child

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis
[url]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15357359[/url
Wow
Agree with the comments the people made though.. it's cruel to have them all in one room. I'm sure the women loves them but really she needs to give some of them away!

Patches is soooooo cute I love her markings!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #609
ONE
love, blood, life

This is a lucky cat!

Quote:
WEST ORANGE, N.J. - A New Jersey cat may have only eight lives left after it survived a house fire by hiding in the couch.

Firefighters initially thought the feline, who belonged to one of the tenants in the two-story house, had been killed by flames and smoke Saturday night. But after putting out the blaze and surveying the damage, they found the cat wedged into the couch.

"To our amazement, it had survived," Fire Chief Peter Smeraldo told The Star-Ledger of Newark. "They should change that cat's name to Lucky."

No one was injured, and the cat's owner, who was ecstatic to have the animal back, took the cat to stay at a relative's house.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #610
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
This is a lucky cat!

Indeed--and I am glad to read some happy news!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #611
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:15 PM

I keep meaning to pick up one of those stickers from the vet that you put in a front window indicating to emergency folks that there is/are pets in the house. I know that if our house were on fire I'd sure as hell run in for my cat.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #612
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Cats and dogs named Lucky tend to be the most unlucky for the medical problems they seem to get....
Old 08-14-2007, 01:27 AM   #613
ONE
love, blood, life

^^ Just because its a cat, doesn't mean it wouldn't be scared
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 AM   #614
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=15357359

OMG!!! That's horrible! Who knows if some of the cats aren't getting fed

but they're so cute that place is like an ant farm!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #615
Blue Crack Addict

Well, we moved! The cats are cool with their new digs. They aren't really trained on the cat door yet, but I'll get them some treats and work on that. They know they can go through it, but they're all afraid to push it. I was super impressed with how quickly Poshie came around. When it came time to move, we put Marijke in the crate first and Posh took off b/c she knows that means "car". I finally got her, but in the hallway of our building she started scratching the living daylights out of me (and I was wearing a tank top) and got away, ran straight into this other girl's apartment as she was just coming home. It was really funny and luckily Posh was so confused she just stood there in the girl's bedroom. When we got to the new house, she hid behind the washer and then after about three hours, she changed her mind and came out and has been fine ever since. They love having so many more windows. Soon, the landlords are fixing the screens on our porch and once that's done, the cats can be out there as much as they like (right now there's a gaping hole).

The dog minds them and they are good with her except Beckham can be a jerk. He will corner the dog and when she tries to get away, he hisses and spits at her. I've watched the cats run and play and the dog has no interest (in terms of prey drive) in cats. Right now, they all like to lay in a circle a few feet apart and just watch and sniff each other. Marijke is the most brave and will sniff the dog in the face. The dog always backs away first b/c she's sort of skittish and avoids direct eye contact, but hey, I'd rather have a slightly skittish dog than a dog raising its back to my cats! The cats have caused far more trouble by trying to eat the dog food and using the dog's one toy (the only toy she plays with) as their personal punching bag and scratching post. Thank the lord in heaven this dog was raised around house cats.