For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first got Jack, he used to heave every time he found a bug. If I didn't get away from him fast enough, he'd just stare at it until he threw up. I have no idea why he did that, but he likes the occasional bug he finds now.

Liesje said:

The spider command is the best! It actually refers to any bug that I don't want to catch myself. Just the other night I used it to sic them all on a giant mayfly. My old house was infested with spiders, which is how it started. Beckham can jump over 6 feet straight up from a sitting position and Posh has this amazing ability to go from sleeping to grabbing a fly out of the air in .00000001 seconds. If I find a bug, I tell them there's a spider and they all get excited and come kill it. If they find one they can't reach, they will howl and meow until someone lifts them up or knocks it down.

Oh man, that's awesome. I need to try to implement a bug-killing-on-demand program at my house. :hmm: Roscoe is good at catching fly with his paws.

Oh! Here's a crazy story. Last week I was sitting on my couch watching the 5 pm news. My cat Will was sitting at my screen door watching birds fly from tree to tree. All of a sudden I hear a *clang* and a *cheeep!* I look over at my screen door and see Will about 5 feet off the ground clinging to the screen door. I swear on my life there was a bird on the other side! I screamed and ran over to the door. Will jumped down and the bird flew away. I don't know if he somehow got a claw in the bird or what but the bird was clearly distressed. If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it either. :ohmy:

ylimeU2 said:

I do this with my cats, because if not, they drive me crazy by waking me up early in the morning or mowing constantly throughout the day.

The sound of the lawnmower all day really bugs me too. Grass just doesn't need to be mown that much.:lol:

If nothing else, at least I crack myself up!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
When I first got Jack, he used to heave every time he found a bug. If I didn't get away from him fast enough, he'd just stare at it until he threw up. I have no idea why he did that, but he likes the occasional bug he finds now.

I know it's wrong to laugh at a cat throwing up, but that is hilarious :lol:.

Worf used to catch roaches/palmetto bugs (lovely side effect of living Florida=huge roaches :yuck: ).

Doh, I messed up the quote, now it makes absolutely no sense and everyone thinks I'm a dil.
The quote I replied to was about cats mowing all day and bothering people.
I do like how others just carried on barely giving my stupid reply a glance:shifty:

Just found out Zooropa is a boy.

When we got him the woman said it was a girl.
But my brother for the past week or so kept saying its a boy.

I had to look online to check :reject:

Well at least getting him fixed will be easier. It's a much simplier operation for boys :up:

kellyahern said:

I know it's wrong to laugh at a cat throwing up, but that is hilarious :lol:.

Worf used to catch roaches/palmetto bugs (lovely side effect of living Florida=huge roaches :yuck: ).

It's okay to laugh. I did, too, because he was so dramatic about it. Jack has toughened up a lot since I got him. He used to be a scaredy cat.

The roaches are one thing about Florida that I don't miss :yuck:

wayne, good thing Zooropa is a unisex name!

waynetravis said:
Just found out Zooropa is a boy.

When we got him the woman said it was a girl.
But my brother for the past week or so kept saying its a boy.

I had to look online to check :reject:

The same thing happened with Worf, only the opposite (thought she was a boy, turned out to be a girl).

Sicy's right, the operation for boy cats is much easier on the cat.

kellyahern said:

Sicy's right, the operation for boy cats is much easier on the cat.

And it's usually less expensive too. :)

When I was a little kid we had a cat named Thomas. Turned out Tom was a female. No one really noticed this until "he" got kind of rotund and then they (hey I was just a little kid I didn't know nuttin'!) figured out not only was he a she, but she was going to have kittens! :ohmy: She got fixed soon after having the litter.

I bought three of the honeysuckle toys. Two little baby socks and a little pilliow. The cats went bananas over them! For almost an hour, they were rolling around on them, grabbing and kicking them, and when I checked on them later, two had wondered off and Jack had collected all three toys for himself. He wouldn't let the other cats near them! :lol:

ylimeU2 said:
I bought three of the honeysuckle toys. Two little baby socks and a little pilliow. The cats went bananas over them! For almost an hour, they were rolling around on them, grabbing and kicking them, and when I checked on them later, two had wondered off and Jack had collected all three toys for himself. He wouldn't let the other cats near them! :lol:

OMG!!! :lmao: :lol:

too funny!!

do you think a 14 yr old cat would get into these honeysuckle toys? My cat bats around things, and plays with ribbons.

My oldest cat is 16 and he adored it. :up:

I had a little trouble finding them, though. No major pet store carried them, but I found some in a small local shop had them.

ylimeU2 said:
My oldest cat is 16 and he adored it. :up:

I had a little trouble finding them, though. No major pet store carried them, but I found some in a small local shop had them.

thanks! I will go find a pet shop with those and see what she does.. might have to film it.. her reaction..teehee:wink:

Cat Fish! :love:

100_0055.jpg

Something really sad happenned last Friday at school...

An old lady went to the consulting with her 19 year old cat. The cat was very ill (due to the age) and while the lady was waiting I passed with a friend and we noticed she was very upset. We asked what was going on (she was holding the cat with a blancket in her arms) and she said she was waiting to be attended by the vet because her cat was very ill. Then asked if we were students and when we said yes she started making questions, if the cat was going to die and stuff like that and said she didn't know what she would do because he was her company. We didn't know what to say because you could see the cat wasn't going to live much longer... We said she had to wait for the Vet because we didn't know either. We couldn't say that things were going to be fine but we didn't want to break the lady's heart either... It was so difficult... I didn't hear of her anymore during the day... But I'll try to know something on Monday...

^
That is very sad. I'm pretty sure she knew the cat wasn't going to last long, but was hoping what she knew wasn't true just yet. I think I feel worse for an elderly person when their pet dies because for so many the pet is their only company. And many elderly people are healthier and happier when they have a pet, so the pets really are good for them.

I have heard of some programs that help place pets with elderly people. Many of the fees that are normally charged are waived so there isn't a big initial outlay yet the pet has shots and is basically healthy. Maybe there is something like that where you are.

indra said:

I have heard of some programs that help place pets with elderly people. Many of the fees that are normally charged are waived so there isn't a big initial outlay yet the pet has shots and is basically healthy. Maybe there is something like that where you are.

No, there isn't... I've heard about those programs too, but I have never visited a place where people do that. But I'd like to... I've seen a tv program about that and I thought it was amazing... Sometimes animals are the only ones that can make people smile. Especialy those who doesn't have anybody else...

That's really sad. My grandparents used to have a neighbor that had a black cat, Smokey, that was his livelihood. The man was very ill himself, and my grandpa and another man had to go give Smokey a shot everyday (I think the cat had CRF or diabetes or something). They both died within days of each other, and the cat is buried with the man. My grandpa and his friend received $1000 each from the man's will b/c they had helped give Smokey the shots for years.

ylimeU2 said:

We demand pics! :D

I usually get my honeysuckle on ebay. Seems most pet stores around here only carry catnip toys.

Sicy said:

We demand pics! :D

I usually get my honeysuckle on ebay. Seems most pet stores around here only carry catnip toys.

I haven't managed to get any good action shots yet, but here are a couple of attempts.

Jack is ready to defend.

IMG_0480.jpg

Twerp got so excited, he eventually ended up under the rug.

IMG_0481.jpg

I found Pokey all curled up on my bed when I got home from work today, cuddling one of them. (They all seem to like the pillow one best).

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom