For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^

Adorable photos! :cute:

Love the top two of Emiliano. He sure looks like a cat who knows how to live! :lol:

Is Matilda a kitten still? She has beautiful markings and colouring.

Osito is pretty damned cute too. :)

Matilda's age is...well... technically ..unknown..
she was dropped off in a box with her 5 kittens outside the veterinarian office where i work. We guessed she was about 9 months...and that was back in June ..I believe.

She was this raggedy, malnourished cat when she arrived, but she had the sweetest personality I couldn't resist. I brought her home for a weekend to test how she got along with my 1 1/2 year old [neutered] male cat..and by the 2nd day they were grooming each other!

Now her coat is shiny, soft and healthy and she's gained about 4 pounds since! The downside to having these two cats is how needy they are, there are days when I wish they acted more like cats: snobby and independent. But they're very needy, more than my dogs, they want to be carried all the time, they're always purring, they follow me around the house .. I can't even go to the bathroom because they cry outside the door.
But most of the time that is why I love them so much, because they make me feel wanetd and loved
:evil:

When I got Chloe she was also skin and bones...then she definitely fattened up! We think she's like Scarlet O'Hara..."with God as my witness...I shall never go hungry again!"

Silly kitty.

elevation2u said:
Matilda's age is...well... technically ..unknown..
she was dropped off in a box with her 5 kittens outside the veterinarian office where i work. We guessed she was about 9 months...and that was back in June ..I believe.

She was this raggedy, malnourished cat when she arrived, but she had the sweetest personality I couldn't resist. I brought her home for a weekend to test how she got along with my 1 1/2 year old [neutered] male cat..and by the 2nd day they were grooming each other!

Now her coat is shiny, soft and healthy and she's gained about 4 pounds since! The downside to having these two cats is how needy they are, there are days when I wish they acted more like cats: snobby and independent. But they're very needy, more than my dogs, they want to be carried all the time, they're always purring, they follow me around the house .. I can't even go to the bathroom because they cry outside the door.
But most of the time that is why I love them so much, because they make me feel wanetd and loved
:evil:

That's a great story! I love hearing this kind of story. :love: I asked about her age because she is so much smaller than your other kitty, but if she's had kittens she's pretty much adult. One of my cats (Miss Myrrh) had to have been stunted too, because although she's kind of pudgy now (Miss Myrrh never misses dinner :lol: ) her frame is only about half the size of any of my other cats. She's just tiny. When she showed up on my porch one winter night she was just a tiny bag of bones. Because of her size I thought she was a young kitten, but when I took her to the vet the next day they said she was approx six or seven months old. She did grow a bit -- and filled out a lot! -- but she's still the smallest adult cat I have ever had.

She's also the meanest. :uhoh: She does love me (finally! it only took her about a year!), but isn't too sure about anyone else, including the other cats. She's quite a terror, but I have to admire her spunk.

Sometimes my cats are so lovey dovey they drive me nuts, but I really do love their affectionate natures (even Miss Myrrh can get lovey dovey and she gets mad if I try to walk away before she's gotten her fill of attention :) ). They are wonderful to have around when I'm having a bad day.

U2democrat said:
When I got Chloe she was also skin and bones...then she definitely fattened up! We think she's like Scarlet O'Hara..."with God as my witness...I shall never go hungry again!"

Silly kitty.

:lol:

I think many of my cats watched that movie too!

hahaha my cats are way too lovey dovey :cute:

well Emiliano weighs in at 15.2 pounds
while Matilda weighs a mere 8 pounds..

( embarrassingly enough Emiliano is 2 pounds heavier than Osito... my rottweiler, however, is 60 pounds)

U2democrat said:
She's also a diva like Scarlet. Maybe we should have named her Scarlet instead :lol:

She does have a bit of a diva look about her. A very cute diva though. :)

elevation2u said:

( embarrassingly enough Emiliano is 2 pounds heavier than Osito... my rottweiler, however, is 60 pounds)

Some cats are just big boned. That's what MiloGuido tells me anyway. :wink:

128346874845000000breakfastcat.jpg

:cute: :lol:

These were the cats that I owned:

Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

They're in good homes now (my wife is allergic, so I gave them away...and all my furniture as well because of the dander).

I'll probably get another one in due time.

I hope to have my Home Equity account paid off before the start of Summer, and hopefully I can get my place sold.

I have no idea why newer townhomes in Des Moines don't build basements, guess it saves on Taxes....but it was tough having two cats in a fairly small home. I could be downstairs in the living room, and I'd know when one of them was taking care of business.

I want to buy a home with a large laundry room, or a nice sized basement.

BEAL said:
I hope to have my Home Equity account paid off before the start of Summer, and hopefully I can get my place sold.

I have no idea why newer townhomes in Des Moines don't build basements, guess it saves on Taxes....but it was tough having two cats in a fairly small home. I could be downstairs in the living room, and I'd know when one of them was taking care of business.

I want to buy a home with a large laundry room, or a nice sized basement.

Yeah, I've had basements at 4 of the 6 places I've lived with my cats, it's nice. I did learn (the hard way), that diet does play a big part not only in the smell, but the frequency!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom