For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he need anxiety meds?

Can that one be crushed up in his food as well? I have the worst time trying to pill my cats.

Mom bought Tiffy a brand new cat tree! (it was very much needed).

She loves it :heart:

tiffycattree.jpg

tiffycloseup.jpg

tiffycattree7.jpg

Sicy said:
Why does he need anxiety meds?

The label says ''Scull cap and Valerian for anxiety, excitability, nervousness and travel sickness''.
It was the vet told us to get it when he went for check up lastweek.

It's really sad to read about Zooropa's (or any other kitty's) health problems. :(

Cats are such lovely creatures, they make amazing pets and give us unconditional love, so sad that they have problems too. They shouldn't.

waynetravis said:
The label says ''Scull cap and Valerian for anxiety, excitability, nervousness and travel sickness''.
It was the vet told us to get it when he went for check up lastweek.

Did the vet tell you to get him fixed yet? If not I'm really surprised. In the U.S. this is one of the first things that are done on cats and kittens. I honestly think having him fixed will solve a lot of his problems.

Sicy said:

Did the vet tell you to get him fixed yet? If not I'm really surprised. In the U.S. this is one of the first things that are done on cats and kittens. I honestly think having him fixed will solve a lot of his problems.

:up:

It never ceases to amaze me the total difference in common practices in the US vs. Europe.

What exactly is wrong w/ him, Wayne?

Ok, last thursday he went for a check up, because we had come back from Dublin and need to get his final shot.

When we got him back from the cat hotel, he contacted fleas, which he never had before we went on vacation.
So that was another thing to checked up for him.

We was also going to get him booked for nueturing.

During the vet's check up with him, the vet noticed that he was uncomfortable been picked up, and he was diagnosed with a bowel problem.
So he was given medication and also given special sensitiviity cat food, becasue the stuff we get he was allergic to.

He said that they cant do the nueturing until his bowel/stomach issue was sorted, thats why he gave us the anxiety medication as an alternative.

He said once thats out of the way he cane be neutered and will he will be calmer.
He has go back next week again to see how he is.

Well I'm glad to hear you plan to get him neutered. :up: I think once that is done after a few months of adjustment you will notice a big difference in him, for the better.

I've never heard of giving anxiety meds for a bowel problem, though I am by no means a vet! bonosloveslave should pop in here. Poor guy I hope he feels better soon :hug:

It's prolly the side affects/reactions of the meds for the bowel prob causing him to be restless.... Would a second opinion be ok, or would this one vets opinion suffice??

Well I'd say if he's not better in time by the advice of one vet, a second opinion could never hurt. Each vet practices slightly different I've found. Honestly most of the time they just do a process of elimination since cats cant talk and its much harder to diagnose them.

Sicy said:

I've never heard of giving anxiety meds for a bowel problem, though I am by no means a vet! bonosloveslave should pop in here. Poor guy I hope he feels better soon :hug:

Thye aren't for that.
I've told you how hyper he gets :)
And you said once he gets neutered he will be calm. But he cant be neutered until the bowel issue is sorted.

So the anxiety/restlessness medication is just for the meantime until he can get done.
Which will hopefully be sorted with the next few weeks.

it says it's for nervousness and stuff, also for epileptic dogs cats and horses. It calms anxiety due to traveling, etc. I wonder why he has anxiety issues, did the vet specify if the bowel treatment tablets would cause a different reaction??

Oh ok I get it now. They gave him a med for the bowel problem and also an anxiety med because he's not neutered yet and he's hyper.. had to re-read that :) Well the thing is, that hyper behavior is normal since he isnt neutered yet. So I gather the anxiety med is not mandatory but just to give you some peace. It seems wrong to me to give meds for normal behavior. :slant:

^ That's exactly what I think.... did you read the description of the meds? They seem a little serious, used mostly to treat anxiety issues caused due to traveling... it's also used for treating epilepsy in dogs cats and horses. :slant:

Yeah if he's getting those meds just because he's hyper due to not being neutered, that's wrong in my opinion. I would stop giving him those meds and just concentrate on the actual medical problem (bowel).

Babydoll said:
did you read the description of the meds?

Just read it and I see that its holistic and herbal, which actually isnt too bad.

Sicy said:
Yeah if he's getting those meds just because he's hyper due to not being neutered, that's wrong in my opinion. I would stop giving him those meds and just concentrate on the actual medical problem (bowel).

Will do.
He doesnt swallow it anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone :hug:

Some new pics:

Pushing me out of my computer chair:
14-10-07_2252.jpg

Playing with Spider-Man:
14-10-07_2250.jpg

ONE band toy:
14-10-07_2248.jpg

Add the Spider-Man pic :D

Status