For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Is it normal for kittens' claws to break off? She's only been home for 2 hours and already I've found 2 nails on the carpet.

It's probably not the actual nail but the 'shell' of the nail. Which happens when they sharpen their claws on stuff. I imagine you got her some goodies like a scratching post, toys etc?

Yup, she's got toys, and a few scratchy things. So far she's been scratching the carpet. And hasn't peed or poo'd yet. :uhoh:

Did you just get her today? It might take a day at the very most for her to go. :)

Yup, today. That's good to know - thanks! I was starting to worry that kitty had left a surprise for me when she was stuck inside the couch. :lol:

she hasn't eaten yet either, but she's had some water at least.

It's going to take her a little bit to get used to her new environment.

Jack lived under my couch the first few days I had him. I was upset because I thought he didn't like me, but he'd purr when I'd reach back there and pet him. I put his litterbox right there and slid food to him on a paper plate and water in a little bowl, and he slowly started to come out as he felt more comfortable. Now he only hides under there when I vacuum :wink:

corianderstem said:
Well, I finally did it. I feel a little bit like someone just handed me a baby and sent me on my way. Adopter's remorse? Maybe adopter's panic. Yiiiiiiiiikes, I'm responsible for a living thing!

This is Corkscrew (note her tail in the second picture). That name is NOT staying.

1382831046_63eca0e03b_m.jpg

1382811966_76d8df6293_m.jpg

Aww :cute:.

Yay, a new interference cat! :applaud:

Apparently Chloe is still demanding babyfood even though she's been fully healed for about 2 weeks now :lol:

My parents are trying to ween her off of it but she acts insulted when she doesn't get any with her regular food :giggle:

Did you pick a new name yet? "Corkscrew", hehe.

Marijke was "Coondog" :eyebrow:
Posh was "Cody"
Maximus was "LeRoy"
Kenya was "Lamb Chop" or "Chopper"
Beckham....gosh I can never remember, I'd have to pull his chart.....
Eden stayed Eden, RIP
Loki did not have a name
I called the tree rescue Princess, but her adopter calls her "Keena"

The other day I got the urge to adopt an orange cat and name it Carrot Stick. :D

What an adorable kitty, corianderstem! She'll get you trained soon enough. :wink:

When I moved my MiloGuido cat wouldn't come out of the cat carrier (except for food -- MiloGuido will do anything for food) for days. All the cats were pretty wigged out, but poor MG was the most traumatised. I'm not sure if he's still ever been out of the bedroom and attic area for the rest of the house and it's been two years. That area is pretty large (the attic runs the length of the house and is finished, and the bedroom is decent sized too), so I don't feel too bad for him. He sleeps on me every night and purrs his little cat heart out, so I figure he's happy.

Chloe sounds as if she has your parents wrapped around her little paw, u2dem! One of my cats (Max) is sometimes a very picky eater, so I always have a few cans of the Hills Perscription a/d canned food around to tempt him. The only problem with that is once he has that for a few feedings, it's hard to get him back to his regular food! :lol:

Well, I'm going to call the cat by any term of endearment no matter what she's called, so I don't suppose it matters all that much. :wink:

I've already been calling her "Sweet Pea," "Peanut" and "Beanie" (most of my grandma's cats were called "Beanie," which came from some family in joke long ago).

I did add "Curly" to the list. :hmm:

Pretty kitty, Cori! Awwwwwww . . . .
My cousin has six cats (three of them Siamese rescues). A while back one of them had some dental work done, so Shar started feeding the cat by hand, in the bathroom with the door closed, away from the other cats. It turns out that she is now feeding all three of the Meezers by hand, in the bathroom, away from her three other cats. :lol:

MsPurrl said:
Pretty kitty, Cori! Awwwwwww . . . .
My cousin has six cats (three of them Siamese rescues). A while back one of them had some dental work done, so Shar started feeding the cat by hand, in the bathroom with the door closed, away from the other cats. It turns out that she is now feeding all three of the Meezers by hand, in the bathroom, away from her three other cats. :lol:

Three Siamese? Must be a loud house :lol:. Worf makes enough noise for a bunch of kitties.

Saki having his bath :giggle:

sakilicking29-07.jpg

sakilicking9-07.jpg

sakitongue9-07.jpg

And Ms. Zoey looking all prim and proper as usual.

zoeycouchtoes9-07.jpg

zoey9-07sun.jpg

Beckham is being the biggest brat and I have no clue what to do with him!! All of the cats are fed twice a day: once when I get up and once later at night, usually 10pm. When I first get up, everyones meowing and going berserk, which is cool b/c hey I'm hungry too when I get up. Typically (as in, for the past two years), Beckham and whoever else was/is in the home at present will start meowing like 9:30ish at night, ready for the meal. Just starting this week, Beckham has decided that he must now be fed at 8pm. At 8pm he starts howling, and howling, and howling....and he has this loud, nasal scream! Marijke does it too, only b/c he does, and hers is worse b/c it's louder and gets louder the longer she holds the howl. I can seriously hear them screaming when I'm in the yard (which is like the size of a soccer field). I'm sure the neighbors are NOT impressed!! I don't know what his deal is! I changed their food over a month ago and they all did fine. It's a much healthier food, and lately I've been giving them a little more than usual. He is being so disruptive I had to get out the "cat rattle" (can with coins). Right now he's in the basement b/c thankfully he's the only one that still hasn't figured out the cat door (or maybe is the only one that can't fit his fat ass through it). He used to sit on my lap and sleep and purr in the evenings and now he's even annoying the other cats!

The little brat himself in his new favorite spot (good thing I don't really eat off that table).
1405155088_9a911f3359.jpg

Marijke eating the dog's food, and the dog not eating Marijke!
1404272609_c021eb31ca.jpg

Something about granola....
1404273499_658a08999f.jpg

1404284721_1fa9e60cc3.jpg

Oh, Otto's sooo cute! I love grey tabbys...aww heck I love cats, period. :)

He reminds me of my cats Loki -- mostly for his colour -- and MiloGuido -- for his markings and especially his figure. :giggle: MG is a large fellow too. He's an orange tabby though. :)

I need to post some MiloGuido pics soon.

Last edited:
I want anything I don't already have so I have a little of everything! I've always wanted five. I've got a gray, tux, and torbie, so I want a solid black and an orange tabby. If I count Maximus, Eden, and Loki, that includes an orange tabby and brown tabbies, so the solid black is left. If I bought a purebred, I'd want a California Spangled (looks) or Ragdoll (temperament).

They do have six kittens for adoption at the lab right now....

I probably won't get one though. Cats take soooooo long to get over each other. If they got along more like dogs (butt sniff, butt sniff, OK you're my friend now!) that would be one thing but it's so much work adding another and I'm busy right now. I do watch our school message board and check all the posts for people who find strays or can't keep their cat and always offer to take them as a last resort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom