For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:57 PM
I am laughing so hard at the last two pics that tears are rolling down my face.. she is so funny... ! Who said cats don't show their emotions.. hah! not my cat...

Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #407
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:57 PM
perfect caption there

Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #408
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 07-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #409
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosLil'Pal94

well, Otto threw up for the first time ever yesterday I heard a funny nose and came running, and my dad had a piece of paper under Otto with some orange puke on it . Then later that day we found out he has fleas What a way to spend my birthday, worrying about Otto But he should be ok...

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless he keeps doing it. Lots of things can make cats throw up - hairballs, change in diet, he ate a bug, etc.

It seems every few weeks, I get a "present" from Worf. Sometimes I think she just eats too fast. I fully expect to find more "presents" next week - we're going to the beach, so she's going to be on dry food next week while we're gone (don't worry guys, my brother will be dropping by to check on her and give her plenty of water, food, change litter etc.). She's just too old to go through the stress of going to a kennel.

Last time we boarded her, a couple of years ago, it was awful. The vet tech said she would not come out of her cage for a week , and when my dad went to pick her up, they told him Worf was quote "evil."

She's much better off staying at home and having someone check in on her.

Sorry for the tangent .

Ms. Purrl, I love the Simon blog. I have it bookmarked .
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #410
Blue Crack Distributor

Hope Worf makes it alright at home next week

Do any of your cats prefer ice cold water? I believe hubby puts ice cubes in every now & then.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #411
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:57 PM
I ran into my outside kitty friend a little while ago. All along I thought it was a boy, but he seems to be a she! I'm worried because she seemed to be limping a little. I brought her some food in an old plastic container, probably about 3/4 of a cup, and she wolfed it all down. I've never seen a cat eat like that. Then, much to my surprise, she smelled my hand then started rubbing up against me. I petted her a little, and she flopped down in the grass like she wanted me to rub her belly. I was afraid to since this is the first time she's let me pet her. When I went back inside, she tried to come along

Jack came out onto the enclosed porch and down the steps, and he saw her still outside and the both went bananas, meowing at each other through the door. When I picked him up to bring him back upstairs, he started hissing and panting, which I've never seen him do. Jack must want a girlfriend! I didn't think he'd act like that since he's fixed, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Poor outside kitty. There are quite a few indoor/outdoor cats in the neighborhood, but she's too skinny not to be a stray. My landlady says I should just leave her alone, but I'm not going to let her starve.

I have a few new pictures of Jack I'll post.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #412
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Jack in his tube at my friend's house last week:

Jack watching TV tonight

I hope Otto's tummy feels better, and that Worf relaxes and enjoys having the place to herself next week. I'm always glad to kitty-sit for my friends, because I know it's a lot less stress for their kitties to stay home and have someone visit them every day. Simon gets cuter every time
Old 07-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
ok.. here are some recent pics of my baby....

peaking between the bannister posts..

a little irritated here..

and... this is so deserving of a caption..cuz it's written all over her face...

"Look bitch if you take any more pictures of me I'm gonna poop on ur pillow"

and here's a pose for her next photo shoot of Kitty Hustler...
Awwwww! What's her name?
Beautiful kitties, everyone. I'm looking forward to meeting Sir Simon "in person" in two weeks.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #414
ONE
love, blood, life

BonoIsMyMuse- cute pics of Jack! I hope that other kitty is ok.

I don't think Otto puking was anything big, I just wanted to mention it along with the fact he has fleas now

I hope Worf has fun alone next week
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #415
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MsPurrl
In today's episode, Sir Simon the Orange of Virginia learns that he's not as big as he thinks he is:

http://www.art-rageous.net/artrageou...1#comment-3396
That orange baby is too cute. Kittens are so funny.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #416
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosLil'Pal94
I don't think Otto puking was anything big, I just wanted to mention it along with the fact he has fleas now
Have your parents get some Frontline or Advantage ( I would not use any other type of flea treatment) you just apply it on the back of their neck, and the fleas will be gone almost instantly

Love the pics of Jack and Isabella
Old 07-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #417
ONE
love, blood, life

I'll tell my dad about those brands. Right now he's sticking to the 'brush otto and pick out the fleas' method
Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #418
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:57 PM
Ah you wont get rid of them that way. Trust me. If there are fleas there are hundreds of eggs that you cant see that will just hatch into more fleas. Even though my cats are indoor only I use Frontline on them once a month. It just takes one flea to cause problems, and usually if the cat has fleas it also has worms, because all they have to do is eat one flea and in 3 weeks they'll have tapeworm. So I'd keep an eye out on his rear end and in his stool for any small white 'grains of rice' looking things. Then he'd need to get a pill from the vet to get rid of the worms. Sorry for being so gross but its a fact lol. Best to get rid of the fleas asap
Old 07-06-2007, 01:06 AM   #419
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, I know. Tell hardyharhar that
Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #420
ONE
love, blood, life

So, we have recently discovered this little guy in our back yard during a cookout and my dad decided to take him in. We searched and searched for the mother or any others from the litter, but we didn't find anything. It was about to storm and the poor little guy was starving.
We're going to take him to get checked up and stuff the next day he has off. He said that we would look around for signs or anything of a missing kitten and if we didn't find anything, we would keep him. He named the kitten Felix (after much debate and me wanting to name him Sparky. )
He was making me feed him manually though, as weird as that is. He will look at the food and then back up at me. I have to pick it up and hand it to him before he will eat it. Now since we have managed to get some soft food for him, he eats on his own, even though he still acts a little bit hesitant. Bonus for learning the litter box quickly!
Here's Felix: