For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #301
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Hopefully the new litter makes a difference. What exactly do you mean it looks like pretzels?

MsPurrl- I also love the pic of him in the litter box

Old 06-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #302
War Child

Local Time: 08:00 AM
I hope it is ok if I vent to you guys. I have been bawling all day over my cat, Daytona. He has been diabetic for 2 1/2 years and he has been doing well up until the last couple weeks. All the sudden he started drinking massive water and peeing alot. He got lethargic and just looks rough. I took him to our vet and he took a blood test and called me back today. He says his diabetes is out of control and that his body looks like it is getting immune to his insulin. He gets two shots a day. The vet is having us up his insulin way up and if that doesn't work we will try a new kind but there is no gaurantee that it will work. He is 14 years old and I can't imagine not having him around. He is so sweet. I was laying on the bed bawling my eyes out over him and he comes up to me and starts licking my hand like he is comforting ME when it is him who is so sick!!! With upping the insulin comes the risk of diabetic shock which could kill him. In the past 2 1/2 years he has had 2 episodes which scared the crap out of me. Luckily I was able to force feed him Karo syrup to get his blood sugar up fast. If he does have one again and I am not here to help him he could die. Unfortunetly it is trial and error getting a new dose right. I just hope to God that it works.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuala
I hope it is ok if I vent to you guys. I have been bawling all day over my cat, Daytona. He has been diabetic for 2 1/2 years and he has been doing well up until the last couple weeks. All the sudden he started drinking massive water and peeing alot. He got lethargic and just looks rough. I took him to our vet and he took a blood test and called me back today. He says his diabetes is out of control and that his body looks like it is getting immune to his insulin. He gets two shots a day. The vet is having us up his insulin way up and if that doesn't work we will try a new kind but there is no gaurantee that it will work. He is 14 years old and I can't imagine not having him around. He is so sweet. I was laying on the bed bawling my eyes out over him and he comes up to me and starts licking my hand like he is comforting ME when it is him who is so sick!!! With upping the insulin comes the risk of diabetic shock which could kill him. In the past 2 1/2 years he has had 2 episodes which scared the crap out of me. Luckily I was able to force feed him Karo syrup to get his blood sugar up fast. If he does have one again and I am not here to help him he could die. Unfortunetly it is trial and error getting a new dose right. I just hope to God that it works.

Nuala, I am very sorry to hear about your cat. My wife and I will be praying for you both.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosLil'Pal94
Hopefully the new litter makes a difference. What exactly do you mean it looks like pretzels?

MsPurrl- I also love the pic of him in the litter box
http://www.naturesearth.com/ That's what he got, "Feline Pine". It's so radically different it'll take some getting used to for all of us.

Nuala it's hard to read your post...to read about what your poor cat is going through is difficult. I'm hoping for the best
Old 06-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #305
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

Nuala it's hard to read your post...to read about what your poor cat is going through is difficult. I'm hoping for the best
Me too - Hoping for the best
Old 06-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #306
ONE
love, blood, life

Nuala and U2Dem -- I hope both of your kitties are able to get regulated and start feeling better very soon. And a big to you both.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I hope Daytona is feeling better soon
Old 06-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #308
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Nuala .
Old 06-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #309
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuala

awww.. nuala hang in there girl! This is just breaking my heart reading this.. My cat is 14 yrs old and if this happened to her I would be bawling too.. just a wreck.. I know the day is going to come when her health is going to start to deteriorate but I hope it is much later.. a few years from now.. She is my very special "furry first child" and we are so close that when the time comes it is going to be one of the worst moments of my life that's for sure.

You have all the prayers I can muster just know that.. I hope Daytona gets better!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #310
Blue Crack Supplier

nuala & daytona
Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #311
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:00 AM
U2Dem not sure if changing Chloe's litter is a good idea right now with all her problems. It may make her even more reluctant to use the litter box.

Nuala I'm so sorry about your kitty. Sending prayers your way
Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #312
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 PM
That's what I was thinking too when I saw the stuff...I wasn't expecting something so radically different and I'm afraid she may not understand that it is in fact, litter.

One litterbox has the new litter, the other has the old litter. We'll see how that goes.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #313
Blue Crack Supplier

Nuala and U2D, my thoughts and prayers are with you both, and with your "furkids." We sure do love our little living creatures, don't we? Just know that we all feel what you are going through, and that we care about you.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #314
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
One litterbox has the new litter, the other has the old litter. We'll see how that goes.
Oh good .. didnt realize you had two
Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I wonder if Chloe's new litter is Feline Pine? The first time I bought it, I remember being surprised by how big the pellets are at first. Jack dug around a lot the first few times he tried it, but he likes it now, and he sneezes less because it's not as dusty as clay litter. Sometimes I think he's allergic to himself, because the poor little guy sneezes and gets watery eyes a lot.