For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chloe loves to lie and cover her face with her paw. It's so cute.

Photo411.jpg

Photo413.jpg

That Oscar kitty -- the one in the article about the nursing home -- is going to be on NBC Nightly News in a few minutes. :)

:lol:

I loved BW's comment about going home to his dog.

Then again...I love Brian Williams...:shifty:

Oscar is SUCH a beautiful cat too!!!!!!! Gorgeous face.

Chloe's doing better. She pooped on the couch, but her personality is back to normal. Hopefully she'll return to her litterbox soon and will start losing weight.

^
I knew you'd see it, u2dem! :wink:

He is a very cute cat. I loved the old guy who told how Oscar comes in to check every day, but only stays a few minutes, which he take as a very good sign! :)

Glad to hear Chloe is feeling better! :yes:

Maybe trying something on your own could help Chloe. Cut way back on the food (unless she is undernourished) and possibly the laxatone also. Maybe kitty will come around with a little time. Sometimes, procedures vets do to animals are unnecessary and only cause tremendous stress to the animal. This can lead to physical ailments as a reaction, imo. And since anal glands were affected, unwillingness to go could be a logical conclusion.

I don't dislike vets, but I don't think they know as much as they think they do sometimes. I mean, it really is a guess often, in the diagnosis they arrive at. I've had similar experience where I felt the cat would have been better off not seeing the vet.

Hope Chloe feels better soon and gets back to being a lean mean purring machine. :wink:

Do you feed her wet food? That could help and you can also add a spoonful of canned pumpkin to the food.

No it's dry, Purina Overweight Management that we just started her on that we have to buy from the vet. It's interesting because we had been giving her 1/2 cup a day of the Iams, but the Purina suggests a cat of her size should be given a full cup a day (we usually break it up, a serving in the morning and a serving in the evening).

Maybe she's afraid to go due to the anal glands, maybe she's constipated, I'm not sure, but I do know she holds it in and it makes her uncomfortable.

My mom has ordered stuff to spray on the couch that she generally goes on that will eliminate any of her odors, because supposedly she keeps going back to the couch because she smells that she has marked it. Until then we have spread aluminum foil out on the couch and that seems to be keeping her away. Now if only she'll use her litterbox.

Well this morning we locked Chloe in the room with her litter box, after about 15 minutes she started pawing at the door so I let her out, and sure enough she had gone in the litterbox :D

A few hours later she went on her own in the upstairs litter. Hopefully she'll realize she can go in there without problems now.

Alright, Chloe! You don't need no stinkin' vets. Keep up the good work and we'll get you a little mousey to chase. :ohmy:

I'm guessing the aluminum foil is keeping you off the couch also. :wink:

Babydoll said:
So, I have news from one of my roommates back in the US that Max is definitely going to be given away within the next two weeks. I miss him so incredibly much here, and he wasn't even MY cat. My other roomie Katie (his owner) is going to be delivering her first baby end of this month, and she doesn't want the "extra" responsibility of having a kitty. So... when I get back, Maxxy will be gone. :happy:

Ugh! That's really shitty. :down:

Babydoll said:
So, I have news from one of my roommates back in the US that Max is definitely going to be given away within the next two weeks. I miss him so incredibly much here, and he wasn't even MY cat. My other roomie Katie (his owner) is going to be delivering her first baby end of this month, and she doesn't want the "extra" responsibility of having a kitty. So... when I get back, Maxxy will be gone.

That is really sad, BD. Every day there are ads in the "Absolutely Free" column in our local paper, people trying to get rid of their cats or dogs because they are "moving and can't take them." It really makes me furious! Why did they get the pets in the first place, if they weren't going to take care of them always? :angry:

I live in a college town, and we have a lot of problems with students just abandoning pets when they find out their next landlord won't allow them or their parents won't let them bring them home for the summer. It shocks me that they can't even be bothered to take them to a shelter when we have quite a few of them in the area and there's no charge. Some people shouldn't be allowed to be pet parents :tsk:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I live in a college town, and we have a lot of problems with students just abandoning pets when they find out their next landlord won't allow them or their parents won't let them bring them home for the summer. It shocks me that they can't even be bothered to take them to a shelter when we have quite a few of them in the area and there's no charge. Some people shouldn't be allowed to be pet parents :tsk:

I'm sure that's how Roscoe found me. He was a stray but not feral. He just followed me into my apartment one night. I took him to the shelter and no one had reported him missing but he was someones cat. I left the shelter with a description of him and took him home. He's been with me ever since.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

That's just sickening. As a college student myself I can't imagine how anyone could do something like that :tsk:

Chloe's still constipated. I think it's the food.

Sicy,

that is just too :cute: you talkin to zoey. I get into those conversations too with Isabella. She only talks with me..its funny.. Thing is that she is my hubby's cat but she has definitely latched on to me a little more.. He got her just 6 months before we started dating so I guess she considers me a mommy or something..

such cuuuuttteeeee kitties, everyone! :cute::cute:

sicy, i'll have to wait till i'm back to see the link, lol. cursed slow internet connection here.

Piccies!!!!

Too bad I don't have a scanner, today we got some great photos I took of chloe with my manual SLR...mat and frame worthy.

However, I do have some digital shots I took...Here's chloe investigating the aluminum foil on our couch to keep her from pooping on it:
n31804491_31086529_6435.jpg

n31804491_31086530_6769.jpg

apparently when cats sniff Orbit wintergreen gum they get the same high as when they sniff catnip...
n31804491_31086531_7041.jpg

n31804491_31086532_7304.jpg

She was licking the pack...needless to say i threw it away.

n31804491_31086533_7575.jpg

She kept trying to take the gum out.

n31804491_31086534_7840.jpg

"WHAT????"

n31804491_31086535_8125.jpg

The money shot...:lol::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom