For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of camera do you have Lies? Your pictures are always so sharp! I can't ever get sharp pictures with no flash. :grumpy: I need a new camera anyway.

Your kitties make for excellent subjects. :cute: I bet my cats would eat pizza crust. :hmm:

My parents' cats like weird food such as cheese popcorn & cake donuts. When I first took Roscoe in he'd eat anything that hit the floor. He was a garbage disposal! He's a little more picky now. :wink:

When my grandpa passed away my mom took in his dilute calico Tammy. Tammy is pure evil. She was used to living alone with my grandpa and she was queen bee. When she first came home you couldn't even look at her without her hissing at you. She's gotten a little better in the passing years but she's a meanie. I've tried to win her over by telling her over and over again she's my favorite. I think I'm making progress. :wink: She has kitty acne. I think I'd lose a finger or two if I tried to treat it with a warm wash cloth. :lol:

Here she is:
100_0157.jpg

She's freaking huge.

100_0093.jpg

She was sticking her tongue out at me in that one.

I have a Canon PowerShot. I usually can't use a flash with the cats b/c I'm shooting so close, but my manual options have Flash Output, so if I set it really low and then set the shutter speed really high, I can sometimes use a flash three feet from the cat.

I had to use the crust b/c I was trying to take pics, then went to eat pizza, and then of course they all start doing cute things while I'm trying to eat!

waynetravis said:
Zooropa lastnihgt playing hide and seek on the stairs:

DSCF0024-1.jpg

awwww :cute:

my cat does this thing its so cute.. If I am downstairs and am about to go upstairs she will literally run up stairs almost knocking me over and wait for me at the top of the stairs.. I mean she is 14 yrs old. :ohmy:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

awwww :cute:

my cat does this thing its so cute.. If I am downstairs and am about to go upstairs she will literally run up stairs almost knocking me over and wait for me at the top of the stairs.. I mean she is 14 yrs old. :ohmy:

Chloe does that too :lol:

She's only 7 but she's fat.

Kitties are just the best.

:lol: Oh Chloe.

This evening like most Americans my Dad grilled our dinner. He grilled some chicken, and cut some up on a plate for Chloe. She was eating it fine and at one point she started choking. There was obviously air coming through her windpipe so I wasn't too worried about her, if she can cough up hairballs she can dislodge a piece of chicken. Sure enough she got it loose and was able to swallow it. As soon as she was done "coughing" she went right back to the plate and finished eating :lol:

I was eating blueberries earlier, and Jack was batting around a little one. Then he decided he wanted to eat it. He swallowed it whole, gagged, spit it out whole, and started playing with it again :der:

:cute:

well, Otto threw up for the first time ever yesterday :| I heard a funny nose and came running, and my dad had a piece of paper under Otto with some orange puke on it :yuck:. Then later that day we found out he has fleas :sigh: What a way to spend my birthday, worrying about Otto :hug: But he should be ok...

ok.. here are some recent pics of my baby....:heart:

peaking between the bannister posts..

DSCF1595.jpg

DSCF1597.jpg

a little irritated here..
DSCF1598.jpg

and... this is so deserving of a caption..cuz it's written all over her face...:lmao:

"Look bitch if you take any more pictures of me I'm gonna poop on ur pillow"
DSCF1599.jpg

and here's a pose for her next photo shoot of Kitty Hustler... :laugh:
DSCF1600.jpg

I am laughing so hard at the last two pics that tears are rolling down my face.. :lmao: she is so funny... ! Who said cats don't show their emotions.. hah! not my cat...

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
:cute:

well, Otto threw up for the first time ever yesterday :| I heard a funny nose and came running, and my dad had a piece of paper under Otto with some orange puke on it :yuck:. Then later that day we found out he has fleas :sigh: What a way to spend my birthday, worrying about Otto :hug: But he should be ok...

:hug:

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless he keeps doing it. Lots of things can make cats throw up - hairballs, change in diet, he ate a bug, etc.

It seems every few weeks, I get a "present" from Worf. Sometimes I think she just eats too fast. I fully expect to find more "presents" next week - we're going to the beach, so she's going to be on dry food next week while we're gone (don't worry guys, my brother will be dropping by to check on her and give her plenty of water, food, change litter etc.). She's just too old to go through the stress of going to a kennel.

Last time we boarded her, a couple of years ago, it was awful. The vet tech said she would not come out of her cage for a week :yikes:, and when my dad went to pick her up, they told him Worf was quote "evil." :sad:

She's much better off staying at home and having someone check in on her.

Sorry for the tangent :reject:.

Ms. Purrl, I love the Simon blog. I have it bookmarked :).

Hope Worf makes it alright at home next week :hug:

Do any of your cats prefer ice cold water? I believe hubby puts ice cubes in every now & then. :shrug:

I ran into my outside kitty friend a little while ago. All along I thought it was a boy, but he seems to be a she! I'm worried because she seemed to be limping a little. I brought her some food in an old plastic container, probably about 3/4 of a cup, and she wolfed it all down. I've never seen a cat eat like that. Then, much to my surprise, she smelled my hand then started rubbing up against me. I petted her a little, and she flopped down in the grass like she wanted me to rub her belly. I was afraid to since this is the first time she's let me pet her. When I went back inside, she tried to come along :(

Jack came out onto the enclosed porch and down the steps, and he saw her still outside and the both went bananas, meowing at each other through the door. When I picked him up to bring him back upstairs, he started hissing and panting, which I've never seen him do. Jack must want a girlfriend! I didn't think he'd act like that since he's fixed, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Poor outside kitty. There are quite a few indoor/outdoor cats in the neighborhood, but she's too skinny not to be a stray. My landlady says I should just leave her alone, but I'm not going to let her starve.

I have a few new pictures of Jack I'll post.

Jack in his tube at my friend's house last week:
IMG_0126.jpg

Jack watching TV tonight :giggle:

IMG_0137.jpg

I hope Otto's tummy feels better, and that Worf relaxes and enjoys having the place to herself next week. I'm always glad to kitty-sit for my friends, because I know it's a lot less stress for their kitties to stay home and have someone visit them every day. Simon gets cuter every time :cute:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
ok.. here are some recent pics of my baby....:heart:

peaking between the bannister posts..

DSCF1595.jpg

DSCF1597.jpg

a little irritated here..
DSCF1598.jpg

and... this is so deserving of a caption..cuz it's written all over her face...:lmao:

"Look bitch if you take any more pictures of me I'm gonna poop on ur pillow"
DSCF1599.jpg

and here's a pose for her next photo shoot of Kitty Hustler... :laugh:
DSCF1600.jpg

Awwwww! What's her name?
Beautiful kitties, everyone. I'm looking forward to meeting Sir Simon "in person" in two weeks. :love:

BonoIsMyMuse- cute pics of Jack! :cute: I hope that other kitty is ok. :hug:

I don't think Otto puking was anything big, I just wanted to mention it along with the fact he has fleas now :sad:

I hope Worf has fun alone next week :dance:

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I don't think Otto puking was anything big, I just wanted to mention it along with the fact he has fleas now :sad:

Have your parents get some Frontline or Advantage ( I would not use any other type of flea treatment) you just apply it on the back of their neck, and the fleas will be gone almost instantly :up:

Love the pics of Jack and Isabella :cute:

Ah you wont get rid of them that way. Trust me. If there are fleas there are hundreds of eggs that you cant see that will just hatch into more fleas. Even though my cats are indoor only I use Frontline on them once a month. It just takes one flea to cause problems, and usually if the cat has fleas it also has worms, because all they have to do is eat one flea and in 3 weeks they'll have tapeworm. So I'd keep an eye out on his rear end and in his stool for any small white 'grains of rice' looking things. Then he'd need to get a pill from the vet to get rid of the worms. Sorry for being so gross but its a fact lol. Best to get rid of the fleas asap :up: :wink:

So, we have recently discovered this little guy in our back yard during a cookout and my dad decided to take him in. We searched and searched for the mother or any others from the litter, but we didn't find anything. It was about to storm and the poor little guy was starving. :(
We're going to take him to get checked up and stuff the next day he has off. He said that we would look around for signs or anything of a missing kitten and if we didn't find anything, we would keep him. He named the kitten Felix (after much debate and me wanting to name him Sparky. :happy:)
He was making me feed him manually though, as weird as that is. He will look at the food and then back up at me. I have to pick it up and hand it to him before he will eat it. Now since we have managed to get some soft food for him, he eats on his own, even though he still acts a little bit hesitant. Bonus for learning the litter box quickly! :up:
Here's Felix:
Felix002.jpg

Felix005.jpg

Felix009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom