For Cat Lovers Only VII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all pet stores are like that. At my local Petco the cats are cared for by the Homeless Cat Network and they hold adoptions every weekend. The cats are cared for, spayed/neutered etc and they always look very healthy to me and very friendly. I always want to take them all home.

Sicy said:
Not all pet stores are like that. At my local Petco the cats are cared for by the Homeless Cat Network and they hold adoptions every weekend. The cats are cared for, spayed/neutered etc and they always look very healthy to me and very friendly. I always want to take them all home.

True, but Homeless Cat Network sounds like a cat rescue. That's where the cats at our PetSmart, Chow Hound, and Pet Supplies Plus come from (Safe Harbor or Vicki's Pet Connection). I'm talking about pet stores that sells their own cats for profit. My friend got her youngest from a pet store and I saw a large female cat in a small cage in the back room. They probably keep her in there just pushing out one litter after another :(

Re: the dog and the crate. The problem is that this is really counter-intuitive to a dog because (whether the cat likes it or not), she's going to have to sniff the cats at some point. That's how a dog operates, and if you are constraining her in a crate, it really won't prevent her from running after the cat later to get a good whiff, lol.

My parents have owned a german shepherd and then two collies in succession. All were cat friendly, but even indoors if you cat starts running, the dog may have a fun time chasing after it.

Thanks for the declawing links. It does sound kind of barbaric to me. I asked around at school to see what people have done. One guy got his cat declawed when it was a year and a half old. He felt horrible but he had 3 kids under the age of five and when they played with the cat it had a tendency to scratch them. One time it managed to slice through the 2 year old's eyelid and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Most other people still got theirs declawed because of scratching, and I was surprised because I didn't think it was such a widespread practice. :(

^ Awwwwww.......cute!!
I hope you get one and i hope they grow up as handsome as my little man..........
P1060547.jpg

Hey fly so high!
I notice your gorgeous ginger cat's name is Caesar, meet another Caesar:

472389506_cd9513087d.jpg

This is Caesar, our next door neighbour's cat. Unfortunately I don't think he gets the attention he deserves there, so he spends a fair bit of time at our house.

As you can all see, he is one gorgeous cat!!

A friend of mine is looking for a second kitty and so she went to see a litter born at the beginning of March. And I saw this little guy and I want him soooo bad:

ON152.8189765-1-x.jpg

anitram said:
A friend of mine is looking for a second kitty and so she went to see a litter born at the beginning of March. And I saw this little guy and I want him soooo bad:

ON152.8189765-1-x.jpg

When I found mine she was almost like that, she was much thinner and looked so lost in the street... I fell in love with her and had to take her home with me. I waited a couple of days to see if the mother was around but there were no signs of her and the little kitty was so hungry... So I took her home. I already had a cat and a dog but, I just had to do it... This is how she looks like now (well... a few months ago):

20040815050.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I went on a school visit to a place where they keep dogs and cats that are abandoned and found in the city (I don't know how you name those places) and it was horrible, I can't describe it... To think that my girl could be there...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:cute: babies!

Mia's eye crusties have been a little worse lately, just wondering if I should concern myself with it or not. It's not bothering her, but she's not getting to her eye as much and it's really gross. :slant:

Does she have any nose discharge? Is any of it greenish or milky, or is it just clear and turning crusty?

Beckham gets a lot of clear discharge that turns crusty and I wipe it once a day. I think maybe the cat has very mild allergies from spring like most humans. I just wipe it since he seems to ignore it and there's nothing out of his nose.

mandy1973 said:
Hey fly so high!
I notice your gorgeous ginger cat's name is Caesar, meet another Caesar:

472389506_cd9513087d.jpg

This is Caesar, our next door neighbour's cat. Unfortunately I don't think he gets the attention he deserves there, so he spends a fair bit of time at our house.

As you can all see, he is one gorgeous cat!!

He looks like a Caesar! It's such a great name for a big strong cat!

He does not look neglected though............many cats "visit"....I know my cats do....even though i feed them twice a day they still go and steal from my neighbours dog food....and they often visit my next door nieghbour for a cuddle!

Liesje said:

Does she have any nose discharge? Is any of it greenish or milky, or is it just clear and turning crusty?

Beckham gets a lot of clear discharge that turns crusty and I wipe it once a day. I think maybe the cat has very mild allergies from spring like most humans. I just wipe it since he seems to ignore it and there's nothing out of his nose.

No, thankfully. I checked it again last night and it's pretty clear. It started just a few weeks ago, too, so the allergy thing could be spot on.

Cute pictures again, everyone! :)

the One bands make good kitty toys :yes:

mine has been batting them all round the room most of the day :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom