For Cat Lovers Only VII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellp, Dr. Kursch says Marijke is fine. She turned off all the lights and shined bright lights in her eyes and said they seem OK even if they are a tad bit uneven. She weighs 5 lbs and is a good weight for her size.

If I may ask, about what does everyone pay for regular vet check-ups? I've always thought I get a good deal, but I've never bothered to shop around for vets b/c we haven't had any problems with ours. If I am getting a good deal, I'll stay where I'm at (or soon I get very cheap rates from the Humane Society for working there).

Wow all she did was look at her eyes? :der: Well I'm glad she's ok.

My vet charges $45 for office visit and then extra for whatever they do.

More pics of my brats today.

Zoey

zoeynoflashlr2.jpg

zoeyannoyedlr.jpg

zoeynoflashlr.jpg

Saki

sakitreenoflashl.jpg

sakipuffynoflfash.jpg

sakicloseuplr.jpg

sakicloseuplr2.jpg

Ok, I've finally uploaded a couple of pictures, forgive their size... :reject:

IMG_6315.jpg

This is Nip (as in Catnip), he's 7 and very fluffy...

IMG_6889.jpg

This is Sherman (we call him Shmerm :cute: ), he is 6 and the "Queen" of the household (notice the U2 videos behind him :shifty: )

IMG_6816.jpg

This is Sid (or Obsidian or Sid Vicious, either one - we call him siddles :cute: ) hes 4. My wife and sister-in-law found him in a parking lot when he was a kitten, they thought he was a rat :happy:

Liesje said:
Wellp, Dr. Kursch says Marijke is fine. She turned off all the lights and shined bright lights in her eyes and said they seem OK even if they are a tad bit uneven. She weighs 5 lbs and is a good weight for her size.

If I may ask, about what does everyone pay for regular vet check-ups? I've always thought I get a good deal, but I've never bothered to shop around for vets b/c we haven't had any problems with ours. If I am getting a good deal, I'll stay where I'm at (or soon I get very cheap rates from the Humane Society for working there).

Lies, I'm so glad to hear that Marijke is okay. Our kitties are indeed our babies. :wink: My vet charges around $50 for checkup, then extra for shots.

Sicy and elevated_u2_fan, beautiful cats! Nip looks very much like my niece Jenn's cat, Murphy, who is part Maine Coon Cat.

Last edited:
A couple new pics:

HellKitten (Spunky Butt) and Rickenbacker

IMG_0730.jpg

Maxwell. He's quite thin right now as he's a bit off kilter on his thyroid meds. Working on getting him back on track, and it's quite a challenge (he's being an absolute punk about taking his pills.) :mad:

IMG_0732.jpg

Lies - glad Marijke is alright :hug:
Sicy - :cute: as always
elevated - That pic of Nip is adorable!!! They are all :cute:
indra - I love that name (Spunky Butt!). All 3 are so :cute:

Sicy said:
Wow all she did was look at her eyes? :der: Well I'm glad she's ok.

Yep. She messed with her eyes for a while, then looked at my adoption papers which rule out leukemia. Since she has no other symptoms, it can't be FIP or Homer's. :shrug:

Liesje said:

Yep. She messed with her eyes for a while, then looked at my adoption papers which rule out leukemia. Since she has no other symptoms, it can't be FIP or Homer's. :shrug:

I'm glad she's ok too;) Cat's seem to have a lot of eye problems though most are not serious... My little one had Chlamydia for a while during last year but she's ok now... The poor had difficulties in standing the light on her left eye and had some secretions. But it wasn't severe and could be treated...

My vet charges $33 for an initial exam and $28 for a follow-up appointment. Most visits cost more because of shots, medicine, or tests, but I feel like they're reasonable. The cost of living in my area is very low, which is probably why these prices are lower than ones others have mention.

I love my vet. Her office is only for cats (though she did see my friends' bunny one time too), and she's always very thorough.

I'm glad Marijke is okay :)

My cat came home today with a hole in her ear! We have absolutely no idea how it got there, but it was bloody and looked painful.. she'll be going to the vets tomorrow.

partygirlvox said:
My cat came home today with a hole in her ear! We have absolutely no idea how it got there, but it was bloody and looked painful.. she'll be going to the vets tomorrow.

Oh, poor baby! How is she now?

indra said:
A couple new pics:

HellKitten (Spunky Butt) and Rickenbacker

IMG_0730.jpg

Which one is SpunkyButt, and which one is Rickenbacker? The yellow one looks a lot like our Fergus, who really knows how to sleep comfortably! :wink:

ComfyFergus1.jpg

ComfyFergus2.jpg

ComfyFergus3.jpg

Callie does pretty well, too!

ComfyCallie3.jpg

Fergus's latest masterpiece:

FergusTPMassacre.jpg

Great pics everyone! Especially that TP mess :lol:

My kitties today

"Maaike" snoozing
25%20March%202007%20003.jpg

New best buds
25%20March%202007%20008.jpg

Streeeeeeetch
25%20March%202007%20018.jpg

Becks enjoying it being 80 degrees instead of snowing like normal
25%20March%202007%20027.jpg

25%20March%202007%20028.jpg

25%20March%202007%20056.jpg

Posh begging for a tummy rub
25%20March%202007%20040.jpg

Something really important must be under there
25%20March%202007%20048.jpg

Marijke waiting for the trash compactor truck to come back (she can't decide whether she's enthralled or completely terrified)
25%20March%202007%20061.jpg

MsPurrl said:

Which one is SpunkyButt, and which one is Rickenbacker? The yellow one looks a lot like our Fergus, who really knows how to sleep comfortably! :wink:

ComfyFergus1.jpg

ComfyFergus2.jpg

ComfyFergus3.jpg

Callie does pretty well, too!

ComfyCallie3.jpg

Fergus's latest masterpiece:

FergusTPMassacre.jpg

Rickenbacker is the yellow one and Spunky Butt is the grey tabby w/white. Spunky actually lives next door (duplex) with my brother, but he likes to visit my cats sometimes. Ricky is the only one of mine who really likes him although a few others kinda like him (and one -- Miss Myrrh -- hates him and will chase and beat him whenever she can. He's afraid of her....most of the cats are afraid of her. She's a heller. :yes: ).

I call Ricky a noodle cat because he's usually so relaxed he will just drape when you pick him up. From the way he's sprawled out there, it looks as if Fergus might very well be a noodle cat too! I have to laugh at his "masterpiece" because just recently Ricky has started to shred rolls of paper towels. When I mentioned this to my brother he said that Spunky Butt is a toilet tissue shredder. I think Spunky is a bad influence on Ricky!! :ohmy:

indra said:

Rickenbacker is the yellow one and Spunky Butt is the grey tabby w/white. Spunky actually lives next door (duplex) with my brother, but he likes to visit my cats sometimes. Ricky is the only one of mine who really likes him although a few others kinda like him (and one -- Miss Myrrh -- hates him and will chase and beat him whenever she can. He's afraid of her....most of the cats are afraid of her. She's a heller. :yes: ).

I call Ricky a noodle cat because he's usually so relaxed he will just drape when you pick him up. From the way he's sprawled out there, it looks as if Fergus might very well be a noodle cat too! I have to laugh at his "masterpiece" because just recently Ricky has started to shred rolls of paper towels. When I mentioned this to my brother he said that Spunky Butt is a toilet tissue shredder. I think Spunky is a bad influence on Ricky!! :ohmy:

Thanks, Indra. Yes, Fergus is a noodle cat. He's so huge that when I'm holding him and he wants down, his long legs windmill in all directions. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom