For Cat Lovers Only VII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patches is doing ok. Not too thrilled about being in my bathroom but I think she should stay there until I can pull the tube thing out of her.

So I rented a trap and I am going to trap this bastard feral cat and try to go get him fixed. Wish me luck. :sigh:

$414? Are the vets out there more expensive or are they taking you for a ride because they know how much you love cats? I've taken lots of cats with abcesses to vets, all they do is lance them and squeeze it out and give you antibiotics. It's never more than about $75, and one cat had one on his back so huge it stood up like a camel's hump and wiggled from side to side when he walked. But anyway I hope she's doing better.

They're more expensive out there, I'd guess. Even here in Michigan, the vets in the rich suburbs will charge about $300 for a dental that I get for $72 from the rural farm hospital I use (includes anesthesia, blood work, deep cleaning, minor extractions, and a day of care). They're really no better (most of them went to MSU, same vet school), but people will pay more in those parts of Michigan.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/04/scary.cat.reut/index.html
Cat too scary for Canadian mail carriers
POSTED: 1:42 p.m. EDT, May 4, 2007

Story Highlights
• "Apparently this is a very threatening cat," Canada Post says
• Owner says cat declawed and docile
• Cat owner has to pick up mail at post office

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) -- Canada's postal system has stopped delivering mail to a home in Winnipeg, Manitoba, after a mail carrier was scared away by a "very threatening cat," the Winnipeg Free Press said Friday.

A Canada Post spokeswoman said the agency was concerned about the safety of its carriers, although it hoped for an amicable solution to its dispute with cat-owner John Samborski.

"The letter carrier who delivers mail there ... was brought up on a farm, she is very comfortable with animals," spokeswoman Kathi Neal told the newspaper. "Apparently this is a very threatening cat."

Samborski told the paper that his 8-year-old, declawed, black cat Shadow is docile, and it was "ridiculous" for Canada Post to make him to pick up his mail from a post office instead of delivering it to his door.

Shadow "likes to eat and sleep and cuddle. You could drop a bomb and he'd just open one eye, take a look, then close them and go back to sleep," Samborski, 41, told the newspaper.

U2Kitten said:
$414? Are the vets out there more expensive or are they taking you for a ride because they know how much you love cats? I've taken lots of cats with abcesses to vets, all they do is lance them and squeeze it out and give you antibiotics. It's never more than about $75, and one cat had one on his back so huge it stood up like a camel's hump and wiggled from side to side when he walked. But anyway I hope she's doing better.

No they're not taking me for a ride.

1. I'm in California

2. I took her to an emergency vet because she is feral and I didnt know how she would react at a normal vet.

3. She had to be put under to drain the one under her arm because it was so bad and it was in an awkward spot.

It wasnt a simple pop and drain, and be on your way.

But yes, they are very expensive.

She's doing fine. I'm just waiting until tomorrow morning to take her little drain thing out and she can be on her way. I have to give her antibiotics for 7 days which I am hoping wont be a problem because she is rarely NOT on my patio on a daily basis.

Trapped the wrong cat last nite, one I had already trapped & spayed before so I will try again Sunday night. :sigh:

Ooooh emergency vet, yeah they're ridiculously high. Well good for you for taking care of her :up:

I hope you succeed in trapping the right cat! There are a few ferals around our apartment complex (found them by accident one night when we thought Beckham had escaped into the woods). One looks exactly like Posh, we joke that it's probably her mother. They usually start running before I even notice they are near. I wish I could get closer to see if they are healthy, but I don't want to scare them into running blindly since we live on the busiest street in the state.

Beckham was looking cute today:
May%203-19.jpg

May%203-20.jpg

May%203-21.jpg

May%203-22.jpg

Here's a couple of me and Patches today. She is feeling so much better and being really smooshy with me :heart:

mepatty2.jpg

mepatty3.jpg

Ah I'm getting teary eyed! I do feel like she's saying thank you. I still cant believe this cat was 100% feral a few years ago. It feels so good to have her trust me completely, especially through everything that has gone on the past few days. I really feel like she knows I helped her. She is so incredibly special to me.

Awww that pic is so cute! Just proves how loyal and faithful pets/animals are. People may come and go but animals who trust you will love you unconditionally and are always there....

I think my Chloe may have a urinary tract infection :sad:

We'll be taking her to the vet in a few hours. She hasn't liked using her litterbox at all the last few days, tends to leave a dump on the couch, then runs around scared and hides. Please pray for my kitty :(

:hug: Is she only pooping outside the box or also peeing? If she's just pooping its probably not a UTI but good idea to get her checked out anyway.

Well, Columbus is off to the vets on friday. I'm a bit worried about him. He's lost a fair bit of weight over the last year or so, not all at once, just gradually. He seems to be vomiting more often too- i mean he's always thrown up a little bit, being a long haired cat, but it seems more often now, and the other night I woke up to him vomiting at 3am - and had to get out of bed in the cold to clean it up- YUK:barf:

He doesn't have as good appetite as he used to either, but i'm wondering if that's just part of him getting older (he's 10). Any ideas anyone?

Sicy, I'm glad Patches is on the mend. He looks like such a lovely cat!

Liesje - that pic of Beckhams toes is just gorgeous!!
07.gif

Poor Columbus :hug: Make sure they do a full bloodwork panel and urinalysis. At his age it could be anything. Hope its nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom