For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:44 AM
I would take him if I were closer or someone could bring him to me.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #482
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:44 PM
I gotta go to the vet in an hour

miep came home about half an hour ago, I opened the door... she went in, a bit slow... went straight past her food and drink... just stood half a meter from it... facing the ground... then as I walked on she did too, very slowly... and when she walked tot he stairs, I knew something was wrong... she usually hops on the stair, takes two or three stairs in once.... but now, she went paw for paw, slowly one stair at the time.... I went back in the room thinking she's just a bit off.... but I didn't trust it and told my parents and sister.... my dad checked on her, and she barely reacted... and I checked her, and her jaw was totally weird! the lower part looks wrong, it's like it's been pushed back or so usually the cat's face is like a human, the jaw below the nose, but it was more like it's below the fron teeth now!
she doesn't want us to touch it, and doesn't react to petting, or food or whatever..
we called the vet, she asked us if we could try to see the jaw from the inside, didn't work... she turned her head away and growled... so we could go to this vet in an hour! thank god for her, since ours is closed for an hr already!

wish me luck!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #483
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:44 PM
Oh dear Galeongirl, your poor kitty! I'm glad you noticed and were able to get a vet appointment. I'm sending good kitty vibes your way and will be thinking of you. make sure to let us know what the vet says about it.

I always feel so bad for animals when they are hurt or sick.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Galeongirl.... so sorry to hear about miep!! I'm glad your vet can see her so quickly. I'll be thinking of you guys!!! Hope she feels better soon! As indra said..... sending you some good kitty vibes!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #485
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:44 PM
thank god! the idiot prolly fell out of a tree or any high ground... she has a bruised spine and has to stay inside now.... she's on painkillers
man, I've NEVER heard her growl so badly as today! usually she doesn't like the vet, she's kinda grumpy, but doesn't make that much noise.... this time she was noisy non stop, then completely confused when she was allowed to walk again... and then she got a shot with painkillers and I held her, and she put her nose in my belly and her paw too... as if she begged me to take her home she jumped in her carrier too, never done that before... I guess she was glad to go home!

she's now somewhere here, and I'm glad she's ok... thanks for the kitty vibes ladies!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #486
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
thank god! the idiot prolly fell out of a tree or any high ground... she has a bruised spine and has to stay inside now.... she's on painkillers
man, I've NEVER heard her growl so badly as today! usually she doesn't like the vet, she's kinda grumpy, but doesn't make that much noise.... this time she was noisy non stop, then completely confused when she was allowed to walk again... and then she got a shot with painkillers and I held her, and she put her nose in my belly and her paw too... as if she begged me to take her home she jumped in her carrier too, never done that before... I guess she was glad to go home!

she's now somewhere here, and I'm glad she's ok... thanks for the kitty vibes ladies!
Awww... I'm so glad she will be ok. I'm sure she'll probably go hide so she can get some rest and recover.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Glad to hear that Miep is on the mend!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #488
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Glad she will be okay. Close calls are scary .
Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
A friend of mine just emailed me about a stray cat she found last week. She put a "found" ad in the paper and called around to all the shelters, vets, animal control etc., to see if anyone had reported him missing (as he is neutered and has obviously lived as a house cat), but has had no luck. She's living at her parents house while finishing up her nursing degree and caring for her niece who has kidney failure (and with any luck is about to undergo her second kidney transplant very soon) and there is no way she can keep him. This is the description she emailed me of him (she's going to try to get pics soon):

"he's an orange tiger with a little white on his nose and throat, a few years old, and a great laid-back cuddly personality. I had him tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV (both were negative), vaccinated, and applied Revolution"

So if anyone in the Toledo/Maumee, Ohio area can take or even foster this guy, please let me know. I keep thinking "what's one more cat? It's not like anyone would notice (the other cats would though -- and Miss Myrrh would be seriously pissed off!)" but I've spent about $2000 in vet bills since just after Christmas and I really can't take on any more.
I hope someone takes the kitty soon!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Glad Miep will be OK! That sure sounded horrific.

Some recent piccies:

Everybody's couch buddies now!

Caught! This is what our cats drink out of, this or the toilet

Waiting for spring....(still 3 ft of snow in front of the window there)

Posh begging for a belly rub, all splayed out looking fat

Still my first kitty baby

Marijke's idea of showing affection = gnawing on fingertips

Chillin on the unmade bed
Old 03-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

They are so cute!!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks! I think Marijke's kind of a funny looking cat. She's really skinny and won't put on weight, she's a "torbie" so she's sort of tabby, sort of tortoiseshell, and her eyes are this weird green/gold color (just like when a camera flash goes off on a cat's eyes - that's her natural eye color). I do like her "peekaboo" markings though, the cream coloring around her eyes.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #493
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
I would take him if I were closer or someone could bring him to me.
That might be able to be arranged if you are serious.

Here are some pics of him.

He looks so much like several of my orange cats!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #494
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl

How scary. Did they say what's wrong with her jaw?
Poor miep
Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Thanks! I think Marijke's kind of a funny looking cat. She's really skinny and won't put on weight, she's a "torbie" so she's sort of tabby, sort of tortoiseshell, and her eyes are this weird green/gold color (just like when a camera flash goes off on a cat's eyes - that's her natural eye color). I do like her "peekaboo" markings though, the cream coloring around her eyes.
I love her coloring. And her tail makes me laugh since it seems to be so much bigger than her body!