For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2007, 02:18 AM   #331
Refugee

Local Time: 09:45 PM
Rosa IS a cutie - she looks a bit like my Jewel

Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #332
The Fly

Local Time: 06:15 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments!

I think she's a cutie too. She's an incredibly cuddly cat--but maybe it's because I've manhandled her into cuddly submission since she was little!

Old 02-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Sorry you had to give away your cats, BEAL. I just offered to foster a cat b/c her owner is moving off the continent, but luckily an acquaintance of mine is keeping her permanently.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Happy Birthday to Bono Kitty, my real cat. He's on the birthday list as his own username here. He's four years old!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #335
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Happy Birthday Bono Kitty
Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #336
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It looks like Jack Flash is coming down with pink eye, so I'm going to have to take him to the vet. He seems to get it at least once a year. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to help prevent it? He's an indoor cat and doesn't have regular contact with other cats.

Happy birthday Bono Kitty
Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 AM   #337
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:15 AM
I dont have any experience with eye problems and cats but my friend's cat has some problems. Here's a couple of websites that might help.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...nctivitis.html

http://www.animaleyecare.net/disease...unctivitis.htm
Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 AM   #338
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Happy belated birthday, Bono Kitty! You share a birthday with someone I know.

I have to take my Max cat to the vet. I stepped on his toe several weeks ago and broke the nail. It bled like crazy, but I got it stopped and it seemed ok. I kept checking it for a week or two and it seemd fine, but over the weekend I noticed that his toe nail has grown strangely and the toe is infected.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

Poor Max I do like that my friend's cats have the same names as your cats: Max and Loki.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #340
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

s for Max.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #341
Refugee

Local Time: 11:15 AM
One of our cats got run over on Friday night, poor fella, the vet phoned us to say he'd picked him up on his way home, after finding him in the roadside, took him to his surgery & operated on him, his injuries were incredibly severe, fractured skull, broken roof of his mouth, part of his tongue had been ripped off, his left eye was hanging out, & many other injuries(sorry for the gory details) Incredibly he was allowed home yesterday(Monday) & despite all his injuries looks unbelievably well, mobile, & active, his left eye has been stitched up for now, the vet says he will probably lose that, his head is a lot larger than usual, for obvious reasons, but after all the poor fella has been through he looks remarkably well, only real downside, Eric's brother, Henry has been very offish with him since he came back, hissing, & spitting at him, don't know if they'll be okay with each other soon, at the moment we can't leave them alone together, but hopefully in a few days they'll be okay with each other.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #342
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

OMG that's horrible! But what a wonderful vet to do that for you! Can you keep them inside??

Henry is hissing at him because he 'smells' funny.. not like himself. Probably smells bad because of the injuries and also because of being at the vet (vet smell). Saki hisses at Zoey every single time she comes back from the vet. Should be ok in a couple of days.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, mine do that too, even if they just go in for a shot or teeth cleaning.

It's probably better to keep them apart anyway, so the hurt cat isn't more stressed and you don't risk opening a wound if they start playing.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #344
Refugee

Local Time: 11:15 AM
The vet said to keep Eric in for a couple of weeks, & although I said he looks remarkably well, I really don't think we should let him out for now, there are quite a few cats in the area, & if any of them were to go for him, as cats do from time to time, I don't think Eric could handle himself too well at the moment, he's got free run all around the house, outside the kitchen we have an enclosed porch where he can stretch his legs, & incredibly, we went out today, kept him in the conservatory, left him food, & a litter tray, ate all the food, & used the tray, neither of them did that when we were trying to train them to do so, when they were kittens, it was sad to hear all the details from the vet, but as you say Sicy, He did a remarkable job, & thanks to him Eric will be okay.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #345
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Get better soon Eric

Jack will be going to the vet on Thursday to get his eye checked out. I was worried that he wasn't feeling well yesterday, but then he attacked his catnip apple and went nuts, so he can't be feeling too bad. I've been putting warm compresses on his eye a few times a day, and while he doesn't love it, he let me do it.