For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonosgirl84 said:
:shh:

100_4420.jpg

:cute:!!

Haha, my cats are trying to eat a marshmallow. They saw me eating them and got one somehow, but they can't figure it out.

Liesje said:
Oh, and since Justin brought it up, I had something to add re: cats vs. dogs. As you all know, I love them equally, but for different reasons. I've gotta say though that after spending so much time with the dogs at the HS, I come home VERY relieved to have my cats! They're quiet, snuggly, they don't nip or jump on me and give me bruises, I don't have to pick up steaming piles of their runny shit with my hands, etc. Dogs can do the most amazing things, but I definitely swing both directions as far as pet preferences!

I love both cats and dogs and would have a hard time deciding which pet to get if I had a choice. Right now I don't live in a place that is suitable for one, there is no garden and I don't think it is safe enough to have a pet anyway.

I used to have a beautiful cat that we had to give up because of my brother's asthma. My parents got him, I always thought he was a she until a few years ago, as a surprise for me when I was about 6 or 7. :heart:

Galeongirl said:
wow 20 years is very old for a cat Mspurrl! I haven't heard of a cat reaching that age before! Our old cat was 18 when he went in search for us when we were on holidays again :rolleyes: he always did that... and ended up in a different neighbourhood, we'd await the call from somebody who found him after we returned each year..

the painted cats :no: why would people do that to their pets????

Our vets said that they had some "patients" that were 23 and 24 years old! Miss Purrl had a good, long life; and she was still very sweet and fairly active up until the end. She had her 20th birthday in June 2004, then we lost her in January 2005. My son had her brother Ozzie up until a year or so before that, so there must have been some long-life genes in that kitty family. :love:

Went to the bathroom last night and saw Maxxy had overturned the trash can and was lying next to the heater curled up on a pile of old kleenexes, tissue papers, and a discarded old loofah.

:cute: ?

^ :giggle:

Our Max was such a little shit with trash, we had to do a major overhaul. The kitchen trash had to have a swinging lid and be weighted down with bricks (or he'd pull it over). The bathroom trash had to be kept in the cabinet. The trash cans in our rooms were never safe; he would pull them over at least once a day.

Sicy said:
Tell them the mice stories :lmao:

Luna loves to play fetch, she's fanatical! When she's ready to play she'll tap on my shoulder and meow in my ear. :lol: Everytime I go to pick up mouse she'll try to keep me from getting it, as if she's playing a game of keep away. I throw it and she always runs full speed to get it. And if i'm not paying attention when she gets back with the mouse she'll tap my shoulder again, meow and stare at me. hilarious...more to come

daafish said:

Luna loves to play fetch, she's fanatical! When she's ready to play she'll tap on my shoulder and meow in my ear. :lol: Everytime I go to pick up mouse she'll try to keep me from getting it, as if she's playing a game of keep away. I throw it and she always runs full speed to get it. And if i'm not paying attention when she gets back with the mouse she'll tap my shoulder again, meow and stare at me. hilarious...more to come

Sounds just like Poshie. Sometimes she will pester and then play nice. She sets the mouse in my hand, or if I ignore her, on my head. She doesn't tap, but she will claw and sing until I pay attention. When she slept with me, she usually woke me up to play fetch at 2am. I got trapped into it every time, b/c she'd set this wet mouse on my face and of course I instinctively throw it off, so then she fetches it and brings it back. If she's being naughty she won't give it back and growls if I or any other cat tries to touch it.

We never had trouble with Miss Purrl or Callie, but it turns out that Fergus loves to shred toilet paper. So we have to keep the roll of paper on top of the shower or in the medicine cabinet!

MsPurrl said:
We never had trouble with Miss Purrl or Callie, but it turns out that Fergus loves to shred toilet paper. So we have to keep the roll of paper on top of the shower or in the medicine cabinet!

We have the same problem with Max, lol. Now we don't put the toilet paper on the roll in the wall, but just leave it elseweher where he can't reach.

No, we can't keep our bathroom door shut when no one is in there coz the lock doesn't work.... there is no other way to tell if someone is in there and sometimes people forget to knock... :crack: :lol:

Last edited:
A friend of mine just emailed me about a stray cat she found last week. She put a "found" ad in the paper and called around to all the shelters, vets, animal control etc., to see if anyone had reported him missing (as he is neutered and has obviously lived as a house cat), but has had no luck. She's living at her parents house while finishing up her nursing degree and caring for her niece who has kidney failure (and with any luck is about to undergo her second kidney transplant very soon) and there is no way she can keep him. This is the description she emailed me of him (she's going to try to get pics soon):

"he's an orange tiger with a little white on his nose and throat, a few years old, and a great laid-back cuddly personality. I had him tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV (both were negative), vaccinated, and applied Revolution"

So if anyone in the Toledo/Maumee, Ohio area can take or even foster this guy, please let me know. I keep thinking "what's one more cat? It's not like anyone would notice (the other cats would though -- and Miss Myrrh would be seriously pissed off!)" but I've spent about $2000 in vet bills since just after Christmas and I really can't take on any more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom