For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #211
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Kittens


Zoey actually sat still for a minute for a pic today!




And Saki was annoyed with me



__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:05 AM
purrrrrty!

Today Beckham found his new sleeping spot - the cabinets above the fridge. (Yeah, I'm aware our "kitchen" has the most uninspiring decor)




The "If you had to spend all day with Marijke trying to play with your tail, you'd be hiding up here too" look


I've since dusted it off and put a towel up there for him. He's always been the good one as far as not going on the counters for food, so I don't care if he really wants to jump up there.

Posh's sleeping spot is always the same - laundry (clean OR dirty)


Marijke likes to sleep up on your shoulders or chest, but the back of the couch is the best alternative
__________________

__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 02-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #213
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 04:05 AM




__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 02-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #214
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 04:05 AM
I just want to throw a few Joey pictures in here, too, cause I took good ones tonight.






__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #215
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator
 
bonosloveslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Taking care of kitties
Posts: 9,655
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Kelly - pretty much all bags of kitten food will recommend feeding it until the cat is a year old. The main problem we see with that is they are almost always overweight at a year old if they are on kitten food for that long. We actually recommend transitioning to adult food around 6 months - they are still growing but their stomachs are big enough at that point that they don't really need the high calorie kitten food. Some cats are fussier than others so often it is just trial-and-error to figure out what they are willing to eat, but that is a good place to start with going to an adult formula within the same line.
__________________
bonosloveslave [at] interference.com
bonosloveslave is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Marijke is about 6 mos and she's getting adult food now. Her kitten food ran out two days ago and she doesn't seem to care about the adult food, so I guess it's OK to switch.


That fish is really bright!


Here's my fish at work, not such a great pic but I can't get one up close




I suggested we get an office dog instead, but that didn't go over too well.
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Cleasai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 32° N 117° W
Posts: 3,773
Local Time: 02:05 AM
It turns out that Pita might actually just be a regular butthead!

So a while back you might remember that I had concerns about Pita possibly having an UTI. When then I realised how much water she's been drinking lately. So that got me thinking Diabities. Well I got the final bit of blood results. She's clean. She has nothing! Her Glucose was slightly elevated (but definately not Diabities). Her white blood cells were also slightly elevated (any higher and it could mean she has an infection of some sort). The only thing left to do would be the Urinanalysis. I would have gotten one done that same day but she freaked out and went in her cage as we drove to the vets.

We did find one thing wrong with Pita though! Her tail base section has been extremely sensitive lately. Turns out it might be because of an allergic reaction to fleas! The weird part is I've never even seen her scratch or have any fleas jump on me! Weird.


Now if only I can get her to stop peeing everywhere!
__________________
Cleasai is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 01:48 AM   #218
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Stoner kitty Rickenbacker Straticaticus late Saturday night.

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 AM   #219
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cleasai
It turns out that Pita might actually just be a regular butthead!

So a while back you might remember that I had concerns about Pita possibly having an UTI. When then I realised how much water she's been drinking lately. So that got me thinking Diabities. Well I got the final bit of blood results. She's clean. She has nothing! Her Glucose was slightly elevated (but definately not Diabities). Her white blood cells were also slightly elevated (any higher and it could mean she has an infection of some sort). The only thing left to do would be the Urinanalysis. I would have gotten one done that same day but she freaked out and went in her cage as we drove to the vets.

We did find one thing wrong with Pita though! Her tail base section has been extremely sensitive lately. Turns out it might be because of an allergic reaction to fleas! The weird part is I've never even seen her scratch or have any fleas jump on me! Weird.


Now if only I can get her to stop peeing everywhere!

Great to know the bloodwork came back ok
She reallllly should have a urinalysis though. That's normally the first thing you want to rule out when they are peeing outside the litterbox. If she gets super freaked out going to the vets you could try to do a catch sample. It has to be brought into the vets though immediately. Saki will actually pee in the box with little or no litter in it so its pretty easy for me to get a sample.


P.S. Indra, Rickenbacker Straticaticus is so handsome!
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 03:17 AM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 02:05 AM
stoner kitty looks very
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 03:49 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Cleasai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 32° N 117° W
Posts: 3,773
Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy



Great to know the bloodwork came back ok
She reallllly should have a urinalysis though. That's normally the first thing you want to rule out when they are peeing outside the litterbox. If she gets super freaked out going to the vets you could try to do a catch sample. It has to be brought into the vets though immediately. Saki will actually pee in the box with little or no litter in it so its pretty easy for me to get a sample.


P.S. Indra, Rickenbacker Straticaticus is so handsome!
On Monday morning I'm gonna try to get her to drink a lot of water then snatch her off. Hopefully she can hold it in this time.
__________________
Cleasai is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #222
Blue Crack Supplier
 
waynetravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull, UK
Posts: 36,231
Local Time: 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Stoner kitty Rickenbacker Straticaticus late Saturday night.

you called your cat Rickenbacker??


thats awesome
__________________
waynetravis is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #223
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
Kelly - pretty much all bags of kitten food will recommend feeding it until the cat is a year old. The main problem we see with that is they are almost always overweight at a year old if they are on kitten food for that long. We actually recommend transitioning to adult food around 6 months - they are still growing but their stomachs are big enough at that point that they don't really need the high calorie kitten food. Some cats are fussier than others so often it is just trial-and-error to figure out what they are willing to eat, but that is a good place to start with going to an adult formula within the same line.
Thanks, I'll pass that on to my sister .
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:05 AM
OK so help me out here. Why are the UK and US almost opposite when it comes to the indoor/outdoor debate? Here, you cannot adopt a cat if you have outdoor cats or would let the cat outdoors. In this city, roaming cats are a violation of leash laws and the owners are fined. I've heard that in the UK, you have to have a yard for the cat so it can go outside or you can't adopt one.

What's up with this? Who is right?
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #225
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Trev, I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow for Pita's visit. Glad everything else came back ok, though!
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com