For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indra said:
What kind of clippers do you use for that, Catlady? I'm thinking the at-home routine might work well for my cat too. She's an absolute terror at the vet. (She is at home too, but I'm used to her. :wink: )

And your bottom pic looks a bit like my floor after a cat spat. :ohmy:

I'm so bad, I posted those pics and then just ran off, not to return until today.

We use a professional electric clipper that we bought at Petco or someplace like that...it's very efficient but we generally still can't get the whole shave done in one sitting. It normally takes a couple of days while she walks around with the shaved patches getting larger and the sections of long fur getting smaller.

She HATES it. :(

Just caught a few of Saki yawning :giggle:

sakiyawn22-07.jpg

sakiyawn2-07.jpg

sakiyawn32-07.jpg

Question about holding kitties:

Is it still ok when they are adults or almost adults to held by the nape of the neck? One of my friends was visiting when Max was being all mischevious and refusing to behave, so he picked him up by the loose skin on the back of his neck and Max immedietaly ceased to move around and became all submissive. Was wondering, does this hurt them at all?

Babydoll said:
Question about holding kitties:

Is it still ok when they are adults or almost adults to held by the nape of the neck? One of my friends was visiting when Max was being all mischevious and refusing to behave, so he picked him up by the loose skin on the back of his neck and Max immedietaly ceased to move around and became all submissive. Was wondering, does this hurt them at all?

It doesn't hurt them if done correctly and the cat isn't overweight. For adult cats, you really have to support their weight with your other hand. My vet has to carry Posh this way to bring her to the scale and back b/c she hates being held, even by me. Marijke is the only of my three I still lift this way b/c she is small and she's used to it. She still acts like a kitten and doesn't mind being treated as one.

I caught the cats together today (erm, pay no mind to the mustard color sheets, they're not our *real* bedding)

14%20Feb%2007%20Cats%20005.jpg

14%20Feb%2007%20Cats%20010.jpg

From the awwwww :cute: files. :)

MERIDEN, Conn. - Who says cats and dogs don't get along? Workers at the Meriden Humane Society are marveling at a short-haired mother cat who has willingly adopted a six-day-old Rottweiler puppy that was rejected by its mother.

The tiny pup, named Charlie by Humane Society volunteers, nurses alongside a jumble of black and gray kittens recently born to Satin, who was surrendered to the shelter by an owner unable to care for her.

Charlie's mother was found by the side of the road in Meriden a couple of months ago. She gave birth to two puppies, but one was stillborn. As sometimes happens with a stillborn in the litter, the mother dog refused to accept Charlie.

Volunteers bottle-fed him every two hours, but the effort was both exhausting to humans and insufficient for the puppy, who needs to feed when he wants, said volunteer Chris Chorney.

Research indicated that a suitable substitute could be Satin, who had given birth to four kittens that have quickly warmed to Charlie.

"The kittens scrum up with him and the kittens treat him like one of their own," Chorney said. "There's a certain social benefit of small animals being with each other."

The cat-and-dog relationship is not all that unusual in certain circumstances, said Deirdre Chiaramonte, a veterinarian at the Animal Medical Center, a specialty teaching hospital in New York.

"In those types of situations, it's common," she said.

The cozy arrangement between Charlie, Satin and the kittens will likely changes as the pup grows. Full-grown male Rottweilers commonly weigh 100 pounds.

Volunteers are hoping that dog owners will volunteer their puppies to be Charlie's playmates.

"Dogs need to be with a litter of puppies, to learn to play with other dogs," Chorney said. "He has to learn to be a well-socialized dog."

and there is a pic of the little blended family here

I used to have two cats, but I gave them away. One of them (Muffin) I had for 5+ years. The other (Sugar) I had for 3+ years.

My fiancee is allergic to everything, but her only reactions come from cats. Tried shots, medicine, nothing worked, so something had to give.

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. They both went to seperate homes, Sugar's new home has a new kitten, which is good cause she likes to play a lot. Muffin went to a single guy, which is good cause she was more prissy and seemed to just like getting attention from one person.

There probably won't be a day that goes by that I don't think of them or miss them.

BEAL said:
I used to have two cats, but I gave them away. One of them (Muffin) I had for 5+ years. The other (Sugar) I had for 3+ years.

My fiancee is allergic to everything, but her only reactions come from cats. Tried shots, medicine, nothing worked, so something had to give.

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. They both went to seperate homes, Sugar's new home has a new kitten, which is good cause she likes to play a lot. Muffin went to a single guy, which is good cause she was more prissy and seemed to just like getting attention from one person.

There probably won't be a day that goes by that I don't think of them or miss them.

That is really sad. It sounds like you loved them very much. I hope your fiancee is worth it.

I believe she is. If for some reason we don't make it, I won't use it against her or let it get me down even more. I love this person, and if I truely want to be with her, this is the way it is. Life can't always be the way you want.

I don't know if I'll get to see them again. I don't know if I'd want to. Might make me jealous. One is at a farm about 20-30 miles away from where I'm at. The other is a little closer.

*In a SpaceBalls kind of way* Muffin went to my brother's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's house.

I have been given updates by my mother about my cats. And from everything that I've heard, they're both doing fine. Which is great.

One thing that does piss me off is when my brother's girlfriend will come over and talk about Muffin and her new "man". I feel she thinks that it's proving to me that Muffin is fine, but that's not how I react. Just shut up about my cat.

Like to duct tape her mouth shut...actually, I'd like to do it anyway cause she doesn't shut the thing.

Oh ya that too. But I wouldnt use ANYTHING else other than those 3.

Rosa

Hello Fellow Cat Lovers!

This is Rosa. She is 10 months old. I held her in the palm of my hand the day she was born.

She's named after my favorite Pixies album--Surfer Rosa.

l_69903f7a3a17b74793c241ae663280f5.jpg

Anyone else have kitties who love to shred toilet paper?? Maxxy runs into the bathroom whenever the door is left open and loves playing with it, coz it rolls in his paws. Whenever we go to the bathroom, there are loooooooong shreds of ripped toilet paper all over. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom