For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a few pics of the monsters...

little girl
S5000183.jpg

S5000180.jpg

bowie :cute:
S5000311.jpg

S5000315.jpg

Hiya :)

Im fostering my friends cat for a few months while she sorts her life out. I've never owned a cat before! His name is Jarvis, he is 8 and he is quite lovely. I also thought that cats were quite aloof but his favourite thing to do is sit on me everytime i sit down, and rub his head against my face and gently pats my face with his paw! Its so adorable!
He also sleep with me and my boyfriend much to my boyfriend feigned annoyance (but then i find him giving him a cuddle when im come back from the shower! hahaha)

anyway, just thought i'd join in as im a surrogate cat owner now! :D :dancing:

dazzlingamy said:
All the cats and kittens in this thread are so gorgeous! I always said I was never a cat person, but having Jarvis has really made me change my mind, I never knew they could be so affectionate to humans! hehe

Yay another person conformed! :mac:

This is often the reason why people who have never been around cats 'dont like them'. There is this stereotype that cats are lazy, boring, unfriendly, do nothing all day but sleep, you cant train them, blah blah blah. Cats are seriously one of the most affectionate, loving, hilarious, most loyal animals if you make the effort to get to know them. I talk to my cats all the time, and because I do, they talk back. They interact with me at all times because I make the effort to treat them like more than just 'cats'. Saki plays fetch, licks my earlobes, purrs and rubs his head on my face. They follow me all over the house. They come when I call them, etc. They make such wonderful companions. I dont know what I'd do without cats in my life! :heart:

Jarvis is adorable and it sounds like he has already adjusted perfectly to your home. I bet its going to be very hard to give him back!

Sicy said:

This is often the reason why people who have never been around cats 'dont like them'. There is this stereotype that cats are lazy, boring, unfriendly, do nothing all day but sleep, you cant train them, blah blah blah. Cats are seriously one of the most affectionate, loving, hilarious, most loyal animals if you make the effort to get to know them. I talk to my cats all the time, and because I do, they talk back. They interact with me at all times because I make the effort to treat them like more than just 'cats'. Saki plays fetch, licks my earlobes, purrs and rubs his head on my face. They follow me all over the house. They come when I call them, etc. They make such wonderful companions. I dont know what I'd do without cats in my life! :heart:

Jarvis is adorable and it sounds like he has already adjusted perfectly to your home. I bet its going to be very hard to give him back!

Yeah having Jarvis has definately busted a lot of those theories. I'm definately going to get a kitten further down the line now! Im so glad I offered to look after him, as it really has been a lot of fun, and its just such a lovely feeling to have a loving animal come and sit on your lap and purr off to sleep :cute: Very rewarding!

Yes, i will definately miss him when he goes back, but I know his mum misses him dreadfully, and i'll definately get my own little baby sometime in the future! :D

Your cats looks so soft and cuddly Sicy :cute: -what breed are they?

dazzlingamy said:
Your cats looks so soft and cuddly Sicy :cute: -what breed are they?

I'm pretty sure they are just 'domestic short hair' cats, with possibly some Russian Blue bloodlines :) Zoey's fur is like velvet. She doesnt like to be held or cuddle too much but she shows her affection in other ways. Saki is my smooshy boy. I can just pick him up and smother him with kisses, no problem :drool:

Sicy said:

yea exactly! And when people see my cat they don't like her either, because she can be defensive... she was dumped on the street as a kitten, so she's still not that affectionate to strangers... not even to my parents or sister, but she's very close to me :cute: always comes to me, to sit on my lap, cuddle or whatever, but my sister always tortures her... takes her when she doesn't want it and hugs her till she makes noises of pure disgust... and my sister enjoys that! that's just sick! I can't say my kitty is wrong for walking the other way now when my sis is coming for her!

:cute: I should take some new pics soon.. I love this thread even tho I'm mostly lurking

:love: Tabby cats!

Here here about cats Sicy :yes:

I'm forever saying,i don't understand how anyone can say they hate cats? :shrug: :sad: :madspit:

Yay! Another cat lover in the world! People who haven't owned cats just don't 'get' them! Columbus is THE most affectionate animal i have ever had the pleasure to share my life with - he sleeps curled up in my hubby's arms, and wakes me in the morning by pawing me on the face:love: And you don't have to be lying on the couch for more than a minute before he's lying in your lap purring.
Jewel isn't quite as 'cuddly' but shows her affection in different ways - when you get home she greets you at the door, stands on her hind legs and makes this really cute noise - its not a purr exactly, i don't even know how to describe it except for cute:cute:
when i'm at home during the day she follows me from room to room, always wanting to be a part of whatever is going on, and if she thinks she's been left alone she gives this really sad meow, then comes running when you call her name.
Don't try and tell me that cats aren't smart or don't have their own personalities!!:mad:

susanp6 said:
I'm forever saying,i don't understand how anyone can say they hate cats? :shrug: :sad: :madspit:

Me too. I've always said I dont trust people that 'hate' animals. They are either stupid, or have never experienced the reward of what a cat/animal can bring to your life.
In fact, if you hate cats, you are probably not my friend. :madspit:

mandy1973 said:
Don't try and tell me that cats aren't smart or don't have their own personalities!!:mad:

Totally! My two are so different, its fun to see their different personalities. Zoey doesnt like to be smooshed or cuddled yet she will greet anyone that comes over with a friendly head bonk against their legs. :cute: Lately she's been jumping in my lap and actually staying there, purring for a while. She just doesnt like to be held or restricted in anyway. I blame her previous owners :down: but that's another long story. Saki runs and hides when anyone comes over, but after some time he will creep out to see what's going on. He takes some time for strangers to warm up to him but with me he's an absolute love.

I've always been a cat lover and even I had no idea how different cats' personalities can be! Mine are all different:

Beckham - he's a little bitch, he likes to sleep on the bed with his head on my pillow, or on fluffy cat beds. He howls and howls for food starting 1/2 hour before feeding time. He doesn't like to be held or carried, but sometimes he will sit on my lap or next to me on the couch. Beckham's toy are the rings that come off milk cartons or anything very light he can carry around. He's the most athletic of our cats. He can jump six feet in the air from a standstill and once he actually moved the couch, he hit it so hard.

Posh - she's weird. She just acts dumb in a cute way. She has this precious little meow and will often sing and shadows on the wall or just sit in a doorway with a dazed look on her face. She HATES being held or carried, but she loves sleeping on my pillow all night long. She's scared of new people and new places, is usually quiet and doesn't howl like Beckham. She's the best hunter as far as instinct. Her toy is the mouse, and she will growl if you try to take it. She'll toss it around for hours. Posh would've been a great "only cat".

Marijke - she is the little princess diva. All attention MUST be on her or else. She sleeps with us at night and will sit on my lap or shoulder all day long. She doesn't mind being held or carried. Toys are boring; she'd rather chase the other cats or even better, have them chase her. She comes running if someone new is over and she will whine for attention. If I'm leaning forward, she will whine until I let her jump on my lap. She's very naughty in a "I'm just a cute kitten too curios for my own good" way. She runs out the door when I leave and I end up chasing her around the building. Marijke just LOVES to be chased! Cat, human, whatever, she wants anyone to chase her.

mandy1973 said:
:
when i'm at home during the day she follows me from room to room, always wanting to be a part of whatever is going on, and if she thinks she's been left alone she gives this really sad meow, then comes running when you call her name.

Worf does the same thing. But I think she might be getting senile in her old age because sometimes she walks out of the room I'm in and then I'll here her meowing in the hallway, like she forgot what room we were just in :reject: :lol:.

mandy1973 said:

exactly! that's the most used excuse for getting a dog instead of a cat! well my cat is the proof that you can train cats too

:wink: Say the dutch word for food to her, and she'll be running to her dish faster than you can say it!
and I taught her how to sit up, she can do that now without me giving her a reward too :)

:cool: and she can play football/soccer... whenever I put something small or a ball in front of her, she hits it so that it comes back in my hand, I roll it to her again, she hits it back and we play like that for a while :)

Sicy said:

Me too. I've always said I dont trust people that 'hate' animals. They are either stupid, or have never experienced the reward of what a cat/animal can bring to your life.
In fact, if you hate cats, you are probably not my friend. :madspit:

:up: except for larry :reject:

kellyahern said:
Worf does the same thing. But I think she might be getting senile in her old age because sometimes she walks out of the room I'm in and then I'll here her meowing in the hallway, like she forgot what room we were just in :reject: :lol:.

:lmao:!! That is so cute :hug:

Back
Top Bottom