For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
psh you're so nice phil :wink:

napping.gif
(i love this kitty!) :cute:

:wink: I am actually about to go to bed. My cat sits on the couch sometimes and watches Spongebob with me. He quite enjoys it. His eyes follow the screen and he tilts his head and everything! :lol:

Got Philk? said:
GaleonGirl
Your cat is cool, but check out those PUMA'S! I love your shoes. :wink:

:uhoh: I still need to clean those...

Lies, I love your cat's name! Marijke sounds great for a cat :D (no, that I'm dutch has nothign to do with it :angel: )

and yeah, my cat follows the mouse cursor too, but then she finds that the wire also moves, and she gets confused what to chase...

:D I trained my cat tho..... she reacts unfailing to the word Food... races to the hall where she gets her food whenever somebody mentions it..

Galeongirl said:

Lies, I love your cat's name! Marijke sounds great for a cat :D (no, that I'm dutch has nothign to do with it :angel: )

Yeah. As much as I curse my mother for giving me my name, I plan on calling any future children names like Maaike (Micah, girl), Thijs (Tice, boy), Kees (Case, boy). Then they can suffer like I have, with family names that no one in the USA can pronounce if their life depended on it :D

Her name suits her. She's kinda snotty sometimes so I usually call her Miss Marijke. And she has the "M" on her head of course. I also call her MerMer or Kijke for short.

Up Close & Personal: Mr. Luigi

Luigi.jpg

So far he and PussPuss have been getting along - as much as can be expected. I got Luigi on Friday night and today they spent the day together socializing around the apartment and they are currently running around occasionally pouncing on each other. I will probably still confine Luigi to the bathroom while I am at work and school tomorrow.

cruzila said:
So far he and PussPuss have been getting along - as much as can be expected. I got Luigi on Friday night and today they spent the day together socializing around the apartment and they are currently running around occasionally pouncing on each other. I will probably still confine Luigi to the bathroom while I am at work and school tomorrow.

That sounds very promising. :applaud:
Good idea though about keeping them separated while you're not there. At least until you know for sure no one will get hurt :)

Yay I'm so happy to have all my cats back in the nest! My family loved Marijke and Melissa said Beckham and Posh did fine, just like they'd never left that house.

cruzila said:
Up Close & Personal: Mr. Luigi

Luigi.jpg

I just adore this little face. So cute! :cute:

I went to PetSmart while I was out Christmas shopping today, and Jack Flash keeps trying to steal the toys I bought for my parents' cats. He's very happy because I bought him one of those little containers of grass, though. He'll try to eat the whole pot if I don't take it away from him after awhile!

Wow I just freaked out. I looked over and saw Marijke sitting on this ledge with her tail (which is quite bushy) resting over the top of a jar with a lit candle inside! I'm screaming at her "Kijke, GET DOWN!!" and she just looks up and tilts her head :der:

No, she was not burned!

No kidding! Beckham once singed hair off his paw and his whiskers b/c he stuck his face in a candle and started pawing at it. He wasn't burned, but it sure smelled nasty.

Not all animals are inherently afraid of fire!

I quit burning candles when my neighbors cat stuck his head over one and burned his ear :huh:

I had one burning outside before and Patches stuck her face in it too. What is wrong with them?

Sicy said:
I quit burning candles when my neighbors cat stuck his head over one and burned his ear :huh:

I had one burning outside before and Patches stuck her face in it too. What is wrong with them?

I try and make sure when I burn candles they're up high enough to where Miss Nosy can't get into them. We've had a few incidents where I've had to yell at her to get her face out of the jar. :scream:

Dorks!

My cats have caught their tails on fire many times, thanks to rubbing up against the longer candles in the house. I don't know if they're just stupid, or what.

Does anyone know of any good hairball control food? Or even anything that will control hairballs? I'm getting rather tired of waking up in the middle of the night, fumbling my way to the bathroom in darkness, and stepping in a fresh hairball. The vet recommended IAMS hairball control food, but it doesn't seem to work much on this guy:

naj03.jpg

(Oh, does he ever look pissed off there)

We brush him every second day as well.

Usually they avoid them b/c I use Christmas/pine scented candles and they loathe the scent of pine and citrus, but this was a vanilla one and I didn't realize Phil lit it on the ledge. Oops.

GG, when I look at your cat I think "hairball" :lol: He's purrrrdy.

Got Philk? said:
Yup, I'm the one who lit the candle. I guess if the cat would have caught on fire, she never would go near a candle again though right? RIGHT??? :mac:

haha, you'd think so....but with Marijke....she's kinda dumb!

I'm moving that candle up high when I get home, I forgot I'd put it there where she sits (to torture the fish in the tank and drink from their filter).

I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but little Huckleberry (our latest addition to the household, this summer), had almost no whiskers when we found him...they were all singed off. We have no idea how it happened...

DSC07586.jpg

GibsonGirl said:
My cats have caught their tails on fire many times, thanks to rubbing up against the longer candles in the house. I don't know if they're just stupid, or what.

Does anyone know of any good hairball control food? Or even anything that will control hairballs? I'm getting rather tired of waking up in the middle of the night, fumbling my way to the bathroom in darkness, and stepping in a fresh hairball. The vet recommended IAMS hairball control food, but it doesn't seem to work much on this guy:

We brush him every second day as well.

I don't think "hairball" formulas really do anything. Have you tried adding a little olive oil to his food?

Catlady said:
I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but little Huckleberry (our latest addition to the household, this summer), had almost no whiskers when we found him...they were all singed off. We have no idea how it happened...

DSC07586.jpg

Awwwww!! :cute:

You could also try Petromalt, which is a hairball forumula available at any petstore. Some cats love it and will lick it from your finger. If they dont I just open their mouth and scrape it off my finger using their top teeth :D

Brushing them is also important, especially long hair cats.

Back
Top Bottom