For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mandy1973 said:
And I have to paste this photo i took last night...just coz i have no idea why it turned out the way it did...very freaky!!!:confused:
I don't know why you Jewel appears to be transperent...but I think its a cool photo...

311876592_276e533a16.jpg

:drool: Cats are freaky :heart:

Liesje said:
mandy I was looking at your Flickr (I'm not a stalker I was looking for U2 pics) and I LOVE your cat pics and your dog!!

:yes: Those are great pics :up:.

:lol: @ "ghost kitty"

Worf lost interest in the Christmas tree as she got older. She may sniff at it when we first put it up, but she really doesn't go after the ornaments anymore.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
What a cutie. :cute:

Update on the adoption thingy: I called tonight and found out both Elmo and the Maine Coon I loved, Lemon Drop, have been adopted. I was a lil :sad: , but :D - they found homes! I think I'm going to find an adoption event closer to Christmas so I can take the new guy home while I'm off, since it'd make sense to bring home a new family member while I had some time off (and can break up any fights! :lol: ).

No, I have absolutely zero self control. Those who know me well can attest to that! :wink:

:( yes, but happy they did find homes!! That exact thing happened to me last week. I had my heart set on one, but needed to get landlords permission since cats are technically not allowed in the building. I got the permission, but when I called the shelter, he had found a home.

cruzila said:

:( yes, but happy they did find homes!! That exact thing happened to me last week. I had my heart set on one, but needed to get landlords permission since cats are technically not allowed in the building. I got the permission, but when I called the shelter, he had found a home.

Let's just look at it this way: this means there's another kitty we're meant to get, and we haven't found him or her yet. :)

And yay for all these kitty adoptions! :up:

I barely started decorating the tree and of course Saki had to help :p

sakibadtree.jpg

sakichewtree.jpg

sakitree212-06.jpg

my new kitty, named Bonita (after Bono of course!!) and named by the Plebans!!!

Just got her last week to commemorate meeting the boys in Auckland!!!!

KIF_1229.jpg

I said I'd take some pics of hyperactive Max, and here they are!

Picture293.jpg

Picture291.jpg

Picture294.jpg

Taken at about 11 am when he is winding down for the day. He normally wakes up around 4 am and goes back to sleep around 11 30, sleeps all day and wakes up around 7pm. :cute:

Melissa's cat Loki has a bladder infection. Good, b/c it explains why he peed in cardboard boxes, but bad b/c, well he has a bladder infection :|

She's taking care of Posh & Becks while we're in Hawaii, and my little sis is taking Marijke. I had to convince my mom Marijke is not bad like "the gray one" (my parents are still pissed about the lemon meringue pie and steak incidents).

I guess that means she took him to the vet? Poor thing. Bladder infections can become deadly in male cats if untreated.

How long will you be in Hawaii? Cant someone just come to your house and check in on them instead of always moving them around?

Sicy said:
I guess that means she took him to the vet? Poor thing. Bladder infections can become deadly in male cats if untreated.

How long will you be in Hawaii? Cant someone just come to your house and check in on them instead of always moving them around?

Yeah, I only got an e-mail from her, but I'm sure she took him in. She's VERY good about taking them into the vet (one of the stipulations before I gave her Maximus, her other cat). After the hell we went through with Eden, no one doubts the severity of those infections, common as they are.

We'll be in Hawaii for 5 days, with a day before and a day after full of travel, then we're going to Chicago to see Phil's family. We'll be gone Dec. 7 - 17. The cats will be better off moved. They are fed small amounts three times a day, so someone would have to come here three times a day, which even if someone was willing, would be hours of travel (snow makes driving just a few miles take 1/2 hour or more). I can't free-feed them even one day's worth or Beckham eats everyone's food within the first hour and then pukes all over the house. He's such a bully sometimes! Posh and Beckham love Max and Loki anyway. They'll probably be relieved to get back to their old house, WAAAAAY more space than we have now, and be the "cat herd" together again. Marijke is going to my sis b/c she doesn't know Max and Loki (whereas Becks and Posh have lived with them for years) and Max doesn't take to kittens too well. Laina's always looking for opportunities to convince my mom she's responsible enough for a pet.

Babydoll, your cat is so pretty! He's just a pretty as cats friends have got from professional breeders.

Beckham sounds like a big pig lol. Zoey and Saki have to be on different foods so I usually have Jim stay here if I go out of town. Though I've never left for more than 2 days. I think I would have complete cat withdrawles. I tend to always worry about them too. I wonder if your cats will immediately remember the other cats. I bet it will take a bit to get used to them again.

I usually have my mom and dad check in on Chloe. I always call to make sure she is ok and say hi to her. :reject: :lmao:

I don't know how I'm going to be able to go on vaca for a week without seeing my kitty. :sad:

Sicy said:
Beckham sounds like a big pig lol. Zoey and Saki have to be on different foods so I usually have Jim stay here if I go out of town. Though I've never left for more than 2 days. I think I would have complete cat withdrawles. I tend to always worry about them too. I wonder if your cats will immediately remember the other cats. I bet it will take a bit to get used to them again.

I got major cat withdrawal in Africa, even more than I missed Phil :reject: I could e-mail Phil once a week or so, but I really missed the cats, especially Posh since I only had her for a few months. For a month after I got back, they ran to Phil for food anytime he came over. I felt really guilty about leaving them, but they still had three other people in the house plus Phil coming to make sure they were fed and spending a lot of time in my room.

I asked my friends if one of them could just live here and use our apartment while we're gone, but they all have pets of their own and it's their finals week at school, so moving around would just be another thing to add stress.

My mom checked on Mia last year when I was out of town for all those U2 shows. Luckily, I was never gone for more than 2-3 days at a time. Whenever I return from a trip Mia will run for me, cuddle a bit, then it's like she realizes I just left her so she'll get pissy with my for a bit before we're "cool" again. :giggle:

This summer I went away for a few days and my brother and niece took care of everyone for me. I left on Tuesday at noon and Thursday I stopped back by the house (I was driving right by it anyway) for a couple hours to make sure everything was ok. I laid down on my bed and had all the cats pile on me demanding attention and telling me that "those people aren't doing it right!" :lol:

My poor Alex cat -- he seemed fine, but a week or so after I got back he developed a couple of big oozing hot spots. He always looks so calm, but he worries so when things are different. They healed up fine though. He just loves his mummy. :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Whenever I return from a trip Mia will run for me, cuddle a bit, then it's like she realizes I just left her so she'll get pissy with my for a bit before we're "cool" again. :giggle:
One of our cats does that too, though she never succeeds in maintaining the pissy routine for more than maybe a half-day. I've had to leave my pets for research trips ranging from a couple months to up to a year before, and they always immediately recognize me as well as each other, if they've been split up. Often the petsitters will report that they acted stressed at first (poor appetite, pacing around or hiding, skin problems etc.) but that that abates after about a week as they come to realize that someone trustworthy is still looking after them, even if it's not who they're used to. The only problem we ever had was when we had to kennel our dog for 6 weeks once (couldn't find anyone to watch him) and when we picked him up, his nose was all raw from him having rubbed it repeatedly against the bars of his cage, which dogs will sometimes do when they're stressed. On the couple occasions since where we've had to kennel him, we've taken him to a different place where they have "play packages", which is where for a small extra fee they take the animal out twice a day for half an hour of one-on-one playtime. That does the trick and he always seems glad to see us, but relaxed and content when we pick him up.

Back
Top Bottom