For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #421
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Lies, don't feel bad - on average I'd say at least 1/2 the cats that I see in the course of a day of appointments are less than cooperative. Unfortunately many owners escalate things getting upset themselves, putting their hands in the cats face etc. We really worry about people getting bitten by their own cats in the office, I don't think we would ever have an owner get their upset cat out of a cage.

It's not really abnormal in our minds for cats to be on less than their best beahavior, most cats are already worked up from going in the carrier and then going in the car. If they can't bite/scratch/get away, naturally they are going to try to scare us away by growling/yowling or just continuing to try to get away. If the cat is very upset, it's best to have only the doctor and an assistant holding the cat - we've seen owners get bitten trying to help because the cat just sees a hand or an arm to chomp and won't realize it's attached to mom or dad. For cats that are really stressed out, they get to have a quick nappy time!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #422
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:51 PM
The one time my dad was told to go back and get her was the last time we boarded her. Apparently she refused to come out of the cage for a week and was generally a holy terror. As I said, that was the last time we boarded her. It's too stressful for her and she's getting older now.

Worf doesn't try to bite the vet when I take her for shots. She just crouches down on the exam table and won't even stand up, she's so scared . And she sheds like crazy at the vet office . I have a lot of trouble getting her into the carrier to go to the vet, but when it's time to go home, it's amazing how eager she is to get in the carrier .

Old 01-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #423
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Any cat I've ever taken to the vet sheds like crazy. It's from stress. And yes, both of my cats are real quick to get back into the carrier when its time to go home
Old 01-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #424
Blue Crack Distributor

Mia always sticks her paws out so no one can get her out of the carrier. She always hisses at the vet, too. The vet always calls her MYa, I've given up correcting him finally after 6 years.

She sheds a lot anyway, but it's especially bad at the vet's. She's lucky she doesn't have to go back for a bit!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #425
Refugee

Local Time: 05:21 AM
I got my reminder notice this morning from the vet - both Columbus and Jewel are due for their vaccinations. Last year Ian and I took them together and it was bedlam!! This year I think I might take them seperately.

January is a shocking month for us with vet bills - Dakota had his vaccinations and check up on tuesday and now both the cats are due. Might have to do one this fortnight and one next fortnight to spread out the cost

Columbus is going to cost me a fair bit i think - his teeth are getting pretty bad now he's getting older - he's already had 3 pulled out. Doesn't help that he has NEVER eaten dry food, and won't go near chicken necks or anything else that might be good for his teeth - silly cat!!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #426
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:51 AM
i'll get yours to the vet mandy, if you want to take my puppy for her booster....oh, and the 2 kids for their vaccinations, too.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #427
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
i'll get yours to the vet mandy, if you want to take my puppy for her booster....oh, and the 2 kids for their vaccinations, too.

hmmmm...depends how old the kids are...are they past the squirming, screaming stage?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:12 AM   #428
Refugee

Ok, so I downloaded Picasa, had been hearing good things about it and seeing as I'm too dumb to use photoshop properly, i thought it would be a good idea.
Anyway, I had a little bit of a play around and this is what i came up with:

Old 01-11-2007, 05:32 AM   #429
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mandy1973

hmmmm...depends how old the kids are...are they past the squirming, screaming stage?
well, the 1 year old will scream and the 4 year old will squirm so...not really?

you'd think 2 cats, 2 kids and a dog would be enough. but noooo. we want 2 more kids and are planning on getting a second dog before too long.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #430
Refugee

well, we've gotten as far as the 2 cats and the dog, and hopefully the kids will be on the way soon too...so you're not the only crazy one out there
Old 01-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #431
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Very cool mandy!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #432
Blue Crack Distributor

I almost downloaded Picassa last night then got freaked out cause I don't want it to reorganize all my photos by date.

Is there any way you can turn that off?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #433
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:51 PM

Bad news. Actually, worse than bad news. Our cutie kitty's owner (my roommate) is going to be moving next semester to live with her boyfriend in a different state. And her bf "hates cats."

And, our landlord has decided that no more pets next year. So where does that leave our baby? Back to the shelter he came from. The same shelter that said he's not good with humans. The same shelter that said he'd be put to sleep if no one adopted him.

Watching him scamper around our living room chasing his toys right now.... and jumping up on the couch every few minutes to snuggle with me.... it breaks my heart. The sweetest little thing ever.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #434
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:51 PM

That is truly terrible news BD
Old 01-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #435
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Ok like are you kidding me? Put up ads on craigstlist, local papers, find him a home, ask your friends. Why would you take him back to the shelter??? They're going to put him to sleep

How can your landlord just decide 'no more pets' after allowing pets??? This just doesnt sound right to me. You should move and take the cat with you, or better yet your friend should kick her boyfriend to the curb. She adopted this cat! PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE!!! Sorry but this makes me angry.