For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
My cats are my kids

You know your cat is like a kid when they are bad to other people and you still defend them like "but he's never done that before!" I found myself doing this at the vet's. Beckham is terrible and to make it worse they already have this theory that gray cats are mean and ornery. He's growling and hissing at the vet while I'm trying to explain that he really is a good little boy! Once he had to stay there all day and when I went to get him, they made me go back and take him out of the cage because he was attacking the vet techs

Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #407
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Naughty Becks!! That sounds like something Saki would do actually. Well, they are twins after all

Old 01-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #408
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Read what I wrote about Maxxy, previous page.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #409
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll
They also told Katie recently, when she went to look for a playmate for Max, that if she hadn't got him, he'd have been put to sleep. I'm so glad our baby is safe at home now with us!
Unfortunately shelters are so packed they just dont have room for everyone Dont even get me started on Zoey's previous idiots (owners) that took her back to the shelter at 9 months and requested the shelter to put her to sleep because she 'bit' her kids. Makes me wonder what the kids did to her because with a little time and patience I was able to break her of the habit and now she is the sweetest most loving cat ever.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #410
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Naughty Becks!! That sounds like something Saki would do actually. Well, they are twins after all
He's so naughty at the vet, there's really no excuse. He growls (but it's that higher kind, not a deep growl), gets all puffed up, and tries to bite. I think the one time the vet techs wouldn't touch him was because they had a cage full of neuter/spay kittens next to him and he really doesn't like new cats. The poor girl was like "uh...I think your cat needs his mommy...." and I just reach in and drag him out by the scruff. There's no coaxing or consoling him when he's pissed!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Lies - how is he with you though? When he gets all cranky and you pull him out, does he ever growl and try to bite you or just the others?
Old 01-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #412
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Everyone kitties are adorable! Im working on getting a picture of my kitty to post.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Once he had to stay there all day and when I went to get him, they made me go back and take him out of the cage because he was attacking the vet techs
Yeah, they made my dad go back and get Worf one time. They told him she was "evil" .
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Lies - how is he with you though? When he gets all cranky and you pull him out, does he ever growl and try to bite you or just the others?
Besides his kitten nips, the only time he's bit me good was when he got into a crawl space at my parents and was so filthy we had to rinse him off. He sunk his teeth into my wrist, but I refused to let go b/c he was wet. For a year I had a perfect dental impression of his top jaw on my right wrist I deserved that one.

At the vet, he hates me too. He's scared and mad b/c he hates the cage, doesn't really like the car, isn't great with new cats, and hates dogs. He's not especially social around strangers either. He hates getting his mouth pried open and he always yowls at the shot. He wasn't going to come out of the cage to me, especially since he had to go back in the car carrier. But unlike the young vet tech, I'm not afraid of him!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #415
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Unfortunately shelters are so packed they just dont have room for everyone Dont even get me started on Zoey's previous idiots (owners) that took her back to the shelter at 9 months and requested the shelter to put her to sleep because she 'bit' her kids. Makes me wonder what the kids did to her because with a little time and patience I was able to break her of the habit and now she is the sweetest most loving cat ever.

Those people didn't deserve a pet.

I'm so happy I got Mia as a baby, and her foster mom was awesome.

I hear those stories on the news about people giving up their animals and it makes me so angry.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #416
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Those people didn't deserve a pet.
Amen.

I look at dog listings on PetFinder everyday, and it seems like every other dog says "was returned by previous owners because he has too much energy". Then you look at the breed and it's obviously a working or herding breed that is bred to work and herd, not sit inside all day. Anyone doing five minutes of research on Google would realize these things, but no, they go to the shelter and "shop" for an animal like it's a new Coach purse, something they can show off and then dispose of next season. Or even worse, they pay the breeder thousands of dollars and a dog with amazing genes that deserves to be regulated and controlled goes off the radar and is stuck in a shelter or put down.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #417
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Yeah, Lies even made sure she checked out google before marrying me. She had to make sure I wasn't one of those guys who needed a yard or would destroy the apartment while she was at work.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #418
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #419
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

At the vet, he hates me too. He's scared and mad b/c he hates the cage, doesn't really like the car, isn't great with new cats, and hates dogs. He's not especially social around strangers either. He hates getting his mouth pried open and he always yowls at the shot. He wasn't going to come out of the cage to me, especially since he had to go back in the car carrier. But unlike the young vet tech, I'm not afraid of him!

queen fatty boombalada:
Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 PM   #420
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure but we think he's a blue point. He isn't purebred Siamese, he's half Siam and half tabby. My roomate picked him up at a shelter last summer when he was a kitten and the people there said that he wasn't very good with humans.... which turned out to be a load of crap. He loves snuggling with us and always needs human contact, and seems to love it when we pet him and all, he always tries climbing into our laps and puts his paws up our legs begging to be held and cuddled. I don't know why the hell they told us he wasn't good with people.

They also told Katie recently, when she went to look for a playmate for Max, that if she hadn't got him, he'd have been put to sleep. I'm so glad our baby is safe at home now with us!
That's a blue point, your kitty