For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The gray cats? They're just naturally like that :drool:
Though the camera makes them look shinier.

Getting freaked out coz of the camera flashing:

Picture363.jpg

Turns his head away for the second shot: :grumpy:

Picture364-1.jpg

Thank you, I feel like someone complimenting my child for me. Although he isn't my kitty per se, I think of him as my baby who I look after. :heart:

I'm not sure but we think he's a blue point. He isn't purebred Siamese, he's half Siam and half tabby. My roomate picked him up at a shelter last summer when he was a kitten and the people there said that he wasn't very good with humans.... which turned out to be a load of crap. He loves snuggling with us and always needs human contact, and seems to love it when we pet him and all, he always tries climbing into our laps and puts his paws up our legs begging to be held and cuddled. I don't know why the hell they told us he wasn't good with people. :huh:

They also told Katie recently, when she went to look for a playmate for Max, that if she hadn't got him, he'd have been put to sleep. :| I'm so glad our baby is safe at home now with us!

Sicy said:
My cats are my kids :heart:

:yes:

You know your cat is like a kid when they are bad to other people and you still defend them like "but he's never done that before!" I found myself doing this at the vet's. Beckham is terrible and to make it worse they already have this theory that gray cats are mean and ornery. He's growling and hissing at the vet while I'm trying to explain that he really is a good little boy! Once he had to stay there all day and when I went to get him, they made me go back and take him out of the cage because he was attacking the vet techs :reject:

:ohmy: Naughty Becks!! That sounds like something Saki would do actually. Well, they are twins after all :wink:

Babydoll said:
They also told Katie recently, when she went to look for a playmate for Max, that if she hadn't got him, he'd have been put to sleep. :| I'm so glad our baby is safe at home now with us!

Unfortunately shelters are so packed they just dont have room for everyone :( Dont even get me started on Zoey's previous idiots (owners) that took her back to the shelter at 9 months and requested the shelter to put her to sleep because she 'bit' her kids. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder what the kids did to her because with a little time and patience I was able to break her of the habit and now she is the sweetest most loving cat ever.

Sicy said:
:ohmy: Naughty Becks!! That sounds like something Saki would do actually. Well, they are twins after all :wink:

He's so naughty at the vet, there's really no excuse. He growls (but it's that higher kind, not a deep growl), gets all puffed up, and tries to bite. I think the one time the vet techs wouldn't touch him was because they had a cage full of neuter/spay kittens next to him and he really doesn't like new cats. The poor girl was like "uh...I think your cat needs his mommy...." and I just reach in and drag him out by the scruff. There's no coaxing or consoling him when he's pissed!

Lies - how is he with you though? When he gets all cranky and you pull him out, does he ever growl and try to bite you or just the others?

Babydoll said:
Lies - how is he with you though? When he gets all cranky and you pull him out, does he ever growl and try to bite you or just the others?

Besides his kitten nips, the only time he's bit me good was when he got into a crawl space at my parents and was so filthy we had to rinse him off. He sunk his teeth into my wrist, but I refused to let go b/c he was wet. For a year I had a perfect dental impression of his top jaw on my right wrist :lol: I deserved that one.

At the vet, he hates me too. He's scared and mad b/c he hates the cage, doesn't really like the car, isn't great with new cats, and hates dogs. He's not especially social around strangers either. He hates getting his mouth pried open and he always yowls at the shot. He wasn't going to come out of the cage to me, especially since he had to go back in the car carrier. But unlike the young vet tech, I'm not afraid of him! :wink:

Sicy said:

Unfortunately shelters are so packed they just dont have room for everyone :( Dont even get me started on Zoey's previous idiots (owners) that took her back to the shelter at 9 months and requested the shelter to put her to sleep because she 'bit' her kids. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder what the kids did to her because with a little time and patience I was able to break her of the habit and now she is the sweetest most loving cat ever.

Those people didn't deserve a pet.

I'm so happy I got Mia as a baby, and her foster mom was awesome.

I hear those stories on the news about people giving up their animals and it makes me so angry. :down:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Those people didn't deserve a pet.

Amen.

I look at dog listings on PetFinder everyday, and it seems like every other dog says "was returned by previous owners because he has too much energy". Then you look at the breed and it's obviously a working or herding breed that is bred to work and herd, not sit inside all day. Anyone doing five minutes of research on Google would realize these things, but no, they go to the shelter and "shop" for an animal like it's a new Coach purse, something they can show off and then dispose of next season. Or even worse, they pay the breeder thousands of dollars and a dog with amazing genes that deserves to be regulated and controlled goes off the radar and is stuck in a shelter or put down.

Liesje said:

At the vet, he hates me too. He's scared and mad b/c he hates the cage, doesn't really like the car, isn't great with new cats, and hates dogs. He's not especially social around strangers either. He hates getting his mouth pried open and he always yowls at the shot. He wasn't going to come out of the cage to me, especially since he had to go back in the car carrier. But unlike the young vet tech, I'm not afraid of him! :wink:

:lol:

queen fatty boombalada:
IMG_3424.jpg

Babydoll said:
I'm not sure but we think he's a blue point. He isn't purebred Siamese, he's half Siam and half tabby. My roomate picked him up at a shelter last summer when he was a kitten and the people there said that he wasn't very good with humans.... which turned out to be a load of crap. He loves snuggling with us and always needs human contact, and seems to love it when we pet him and all, he always tries climbing into our laps and puts his paws up our legs begging to be held and cuddled. I don't know why the hell they told us he wasn't good with people. :huh:

That's a blue point, your kitty :)

Back
Top Bottom