For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Extreme close-up! :lol:
DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0772.jpg

U2Kitten said:

Time for a rant. I really, really hate it when people say these things about cats, because they're not true. Some people just come from families where everyone 'hates cats' but can't tell you a good reason. It's ignorance and prejudice. Sadly,it's this kind of person who often thinks it's okay or even funny to hurt a cat. There should be a law! It's so good to see someone see the light that cats are not bad after all. In my life, I make it a point to educate people and defend the cats and tell them to give them a chance. I never give up. I have converted some very avid 'I hate cats' people.

Some people have some very unrealistic fears of cats, like that they're going to bite or attack at any minute (weirdest thing is, these people usually own great big dogs who would be much more likely to jump on you and bite,but they aren't afraid of them! :huh: )

To me one of the lamest excuses is the 'bad childhood experience' or using 'my grandma got attacked in a cat fight when she was a kid' as a good reason to hate and fear all cats. Look, when I was 3, I saw my best friend mauled by a dog and his face was covered with bites. I was disturbed, I feared dogs for a few years, but I got over it. All dogs are not like that, just like all cats aren't. The stupidest thing behind that logic is that there are also very many humans who will attack and hurt you, yet no one seems to have a blanket hatred or rejection for all humans. It's the same thing. Cats and dogs are just like people, you can't judge them all, they're all different.

Yeah, I generally agree. Self-proclaimed cat haters are generally referring to feral barn cats, which in many cases I don't even lump in the same category as domestic cats.

I was bit in the face by my uncle's rottweilier Kegger when I was two. I have no memory of it and no hatred towards dogs, I like them a tad more than cats, especially larger dogs.

more photos :)

I don't post enough pictures of Columbus, so here he is today in the front yard - silly cat hanging out outside even though it's stinking hot!!:rolleyes:

344991566_9fae9d21c5.jpg

Here's Jewel on the cat gym I bought her for Christmas - I think she likes it :)

344990659_e43f0a05d3.jpg

And here she is again hiding behind my computer...maybe she'd been checking out what pics of her i was posting here:wink

344993022_6a8ad4e52d.jpg

And here's Caeser...he's actually our neighbours cat, but he spends more time over at our place, hanging out in the yard with Columbus or trying to sneak inside to eat Jewel's biscuits...I feel sorry for him, I think he's a bit neglected, so i give him lots of hugs!!:hug:

344992386_f1f8ad744e.jpg

Ok...that's enough for now:)

OMG. Columbus looks like a giant lion, Jewel is so cute and dainty looking, and Caeser!! Gorgeous gray :drool:

yeah, thought you'd like Caesar - he is such a gorgeous cat, shame the neighbours don't take better care of him!! :(
A couple of times i've suggested to my friend that she kidnap him and take him to her place where he'll be spoiled rotten for the rest of his life!:wink:

Posh was bad last night. She was sitting on the buffet, doing her little sing-song howl, which usually means she sees a bug but it's too high for her to catch. Then all the sudden I hear this little scraping noise and when I look, Posh has jumped from the buffet to the top of the 7 foot bookshelf! I took some pics but my camera connector was stupid last night.

Liesje said:
Posh was bad last night. She was sitting on the buffet, doing her little sing-song howl, which usually means she sees a bug but it's too high for her to catch. Then all the sudden I hear this little scraping noise and when I look, Posh has jumped from the buffet to the top of the 7 foot bookshelf! I took some pics but my camera connector was stupid last night.

:yikes:

Mia was happy Mom got her toys out from under the stove last night. Then I had to get up out of bed later and put them in the closet because she was making a racket. I tossed her one of her glitter balls and told her to play with something quieter. :lol:

I just have to say how much I appreciate that Marijke lets me kiss-attack her!

Hey, do long haired cats shed less or something? Or is it a kitten thing? Marijke never sheds (another reason my mom came around and admitted to liking *some* cats). So not only does she love being kiss-attacked, I don't get furr on my face. :up:

Liesje said:

This honestly was amazing. I didn't know Posh had it in her. But she's got mad skillz. Props to our little poshie.

however, she didn't really know how to get down...:wink:

Liesje said:
Hey, do long haired cats shed less or something? Or is it a kitten thing?

I don't know about all cats, but Columbus is long haired and never really sheds at all. However Jewel has really short, coarse hair and she sheds ALL the time - my lounge is continually covered in her hair, and NOTHING I do gets rid of it - it's like its stuck on there with superglue!!:mad:

Here's a pic of Isidore.

IMG_0679.jpg

He is a big, friendly, playful cat -- sometimes a bit too playful for some of my other cats. He absolutely loves to chase Maddie and Milo, but they aren't so fond of it and will scream and run which he finds even better! I tell them if they would just give him a couple good swift smacks he would stop, but the don't listen to me! :rolleyes:

My smallest cat, Miss Myrrh, has him (and most of the others) completely cowed because she doesn't put up with any crap. She will chase down and tell off any of the other cats. It's all in the attitude and she is bursting with attitude! :yes: Luckily she has decided she likes me (it only took her about a year and a half...).

(Blue crack and an art fourm on the monitor behind Isi if anyone's wondering.... :D )

Last edited:
DSCN0776.jpg

Smokey
aka The neighbor's cat from one street over
aka "Outside Cat"
aka "Worf's boyfriend" :wink:

I say Worf's boyfriend because he is the only cat that Worf has ever seen that she did not immediately try to kill through the window - so I take it that means she likes him :lol:. Alas, theirs will forever be an unrequited love because she never goes outside, so they just stare at each other through the family room window. She hasn't paid him any attention in a long time however, which is fine because I think he just comes around to our house because my father feeds him scraps of luncheon meet. To get this picture, my sister is distracting him with a piece of leftover ham from New Year's :shifty:.

Last edited:
This is my mom and dad's cat Sarah. She's the one with the FIV. As you can see, she's doing just fine.
100_0148.jpg

This is my cat Roscoe. He is borderline obsessed with my dad. Everytime I bring him over to visit he's stuck to my dad like glue. My dad secretly loves it. :shh:
100_0162.jpg

Aww they are too cute! Roscoe doesnt mine travelling? My cats would kill me :uhoh:

I thought I rememberd that the tests came back negative for some reason :( Well she looks great :) and they can live for many years with FIV. I want to say again that I really recommend the Transfer Factor for cats with poor immune systems. A couple friends of mine swear it added years to their terminal cats lives :up:

Back
Top Bottom