For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great pic. I love the look on Fergus' face -- he looks like "wait a minute - what's she doing up here getting all the attention?!" :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Although Fergus is nearly twice as big as Callie (and he still occasionally jumps on her, flips her over on her back, and slides her across the floor!), he's pretty wary that any moment "the calico gene" will kick in and she'll hiss and smack him! :lol: We do love our furkids!

Tiffy and my dad :cute:

dadtiffy.jpg

:lol:

That's so funny, I took a photo of Chloe and my dad asleep on the couch yesterday. :giggle: I'll post it as soon as I upload it.

I'm about to head back to school...and I'll be done in about 2 weeks so Chloe will be happy to know that after that I'll have a 5 week break :D. It's so hard leaving her :(

Sicy, I hope you frame that! Cats photograph so well with natural light.

Tomorrow night is going to be the night from HELL! First off, I thought Phil worked on Wednesdays, not Tues, so I made a vet appointment for tomorrow night. I have to bring two cats, one large dog (and of course it's the dog and cat that DONT get along) and samples of dog poo, all by myself b/c Phil is working Tues, not Wed. Beckham went to the vet with Kenya last month, but Marijke and Posh both need exams and shots and Coke needs an exam and shots. I only have one cat carrier and it's really small, so someone will have to ride in a box. Last time Posh went in the car, she clawed three 6 inch gashes in my back and escaped into a stranger's apartment! Marijke pukes every time she's in the car. Coke likes the car, but he won't sit still and tries to jump over the seat. Seriously, when I get there I'm going to have to make three trips in! First carry in the cats, then bring in the poo samples (the dogs are required to have yearly fecal floats for their training club) and then bring in Coke on his own b/c he really likes other dogs and might be hard to handle of there are other dogs in the waiting area. Actually, I just had an idea: at work we have these collapsible carts that open up and are meant for carrying heavy boxes. Maybe I'll borrow one of those to move the cats in/out and around the animal hospital. Ugh!!!

I am so glad I only have 2 cats lol. Even 2 cats is hard enough to deal with.

That is a very cute pic Sicy. :yes:

Liesje -- Good luck! I dread taking a couple of my cats that don't like to be picked up or held to the vet. Luckily the ones that have to go the most are the easiest to take. Still I had to chase Maddie around the bedroom for about 10 minutes before I could catch her the last time she had an appointment. That did wonders for her heart rate and such. She's a silly cat. Sweet, but silly. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should drop some heavy hints that you need a cat carrier for Christmas. :)

I don't know why I haven't posted a pic of my little fluff-ball here before, so here goes! This is Kitty Lou this morning, having a snooze :)

PB270452.jpg

and I thought I'd post this one too ... it's one of my fave pic's taken AGES ago of my sis and our dearly departed puss, Ginger, who lived to the ripe old age of 17..

PB220444.jpg

^

Awww... so cute!! :cute:

I love little pink kitty noses (and cute kitty toes too). And ginger cats are just so personable...at least all the ones I've known are. :)

TranceEnding said:
Hee, we always laugh about how the vet used to tell us that Ginger had a wonderful personality :wink: I miss him! :sad:

:hug:

Zoey is the same way :angry:

And she has extra toes, which makes me want to kiss them even more. lol.

All of Fergus's toes are pink, but some of Callie's are pink with little black markings on them. :cute: She doesn't like to have her feet messed with, though--hence she goes to PetSmart to have her nails done.

It went fabulous, actually. I did borrow the cart from work, so I could walk in with the dog lead in hand and had the cats, my stuff, and the fecal samples all strapped to the cart. Much easier than have to make three trips inside and then recruit a tech to help me carry everything into the exam rooms.

They asked me what shots for Coke and I said I didn't really know, whatever is normal for dogs, so he got rabies, the canine equivalent of the distemper combo, and kennel cough. She said he would want the kennel cough because we are in a training club and they usually require it. The fecals were negative (which I knew, but they are also required by the training club and pet therapy club). The cats did really good except Marijke's heart was beating really fast b/c her and Coke don't get along. She said everyone looked good. I had her watch Coke walk b/c to me his rear assembly is just not quite right and she agreed that he may be dysplastic or develop HD but since he's not limited or in any pain, there's no point in paying for x-rays right now, we just won't do agility with him.

We were all in and out in half an hour and it was only $127 for a dog exam, two cat exams, three dog vaccines, three cat vaccines, and two fecal floats. w00t. I'm still grateful for their "senior" vet finally fixing the problem with Kenya's foot. I will request him when I'm ready for a definite diagnosis for Coke.

My god.. it's $127 for me just for an office visit and a urinalysis for 1 cat :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom