For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indra said:

I'm so very sorry. :sad: It's so hard to lose them, especially so young.

I just picked up one of my cats' ashes from the vet yesterday -- it made me very sad all over again. :(

awwwwwwwwwww :sad:

sorry to hear this too...

major :hug: :hug: :hug: to u!!!

Yeah, very sorry to hear about that, zuropa. :(

Indra... I don't think I could have done that without bawling. Sorry for you too, I know what it can be like.

I don't think *anyone* with a heart could do that without bawling! The day after I picked up Miss Purrl's ashes from the vet, I went to PetSmart, for some "fuzz therapy" and "just to look at the kitties." Came home with Miss Callie.

Callie0605.jpg

zuropa_fit said:
Aw. Thanks for the :hug: :hug: guys!

Miss Callie is purty.

I think we'll wait awhile before getting "a replacement" (nobody can really replace my Cleo!)

Thanks! While I do agree that the kitty we lost can't be replaced, it's nice to have a furry little critter around. You'll know when the time is right. :hug:

I'm sorry zuropa :hug:

Poor Jack has a bit of a cold and his usual eye problem, in both eyes this time. I expected it, though, since stress usually causes him to get it, and he's been a little stressed over our move. He loves the new place, though. He just saw 3 deer in the backyard, and, being a former city cat, he had no idea what they were, but he knew he wanted them :giggle:

The vet put him on at least 10 days of eye ointment and an antibiotic for his sniffles. She also did a blood test to see if he's got another condition that could be making it easier for him to get the pink eye. He's sniffly but otherwise feeling great. He loves racing around on the new carpet and running from window to window "chasing" the wildlife. We're in a basement apartment of a raised ranch home, so the windows are right at ground level. He's been face to face with quite a few squirrels the last few weeks!

AW! I'm totally picturing a cat at the ground level window trying to chase deer. Hilarious. We live in the desert and Cleo used to be fascinated by the lizards who would hang out on the screen door.

I found out today that Jack has bartonella. That explains why he's been so sneezy and seems like he gets eye infections so easily. It doesn't sound dangerous to him at all, and hopefully the antibiotics I'll be getting will clear it up, and once he finishes this round of treatment for his eyes (an ointment he refuses to hold still and let me put in :crack: ) he won't have to deal with that again!

He's acting perfectly normally, though, running around like a little nut. He loves the new apartment so much that he's been acting like a kitten lately!

One of my cats had to be treated for bartonella last year -- she had problems with her mouth/gums being very sore so that was one thing she was tested for. The treatment was a long course of antibiotics and she did just fine. Other than her sore mouth she didn't seem sick at all. So I think Jack will do just fine too. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom