For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne, I just want you to knowhow very sorry I am for your loss of your dear kitty. Our "furkids" are more than pets to us; they are part of us, and we love them. I wish there were something I could say or do to help you feel better. Take care. :hug:

gluey posted this for Sad_Girl over at PLEBANS. I've always liked it, even though it makes me cry every time I read it. It is a lovely thought, though. Wayne, I hope you can gain some comfort from this.

gluey said:
:hug: So sorry to hear the news SG. :hug: There is no love as rewarding, and unconditional, than that of a pet. She'll be waiting for you.

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I'm more furious than sad, to be honest. He wasn't seriously sick or anything - besides his little stomach irritation problem. He was healthy happy and lively. Due to someone's irresponsibility, he loses his life. Wayne did as much as he could to take care of him, he was freakinfg out over the past few days coz Zoo was missing... he kept calling the animal welfare, buying traps and tuna and walking around for hours at night hoping he comes back. Zooropa was also playful, he loved running and hiding and then coming out and hiding again, etc, as all young kitties are.

It makes NO sense to me whatsoever that he had to sacrifice his life because of someone's carelessness. It's not fair. It's just not.

Babydoll said:
I'm more furious than sad, to be honest. He wasn't seriously sick or anything - besides his little stomach irritation problem. He was healthy happy and lively. Due to someone's irresponsibility, he loses his life. Wayne did as much as he could to take care of him, he was freakinfg out over the past few days coz Zoo was missing... he kept calling the animal welfare, buying traps and tuna and walking around for hours at night hoping he comes back. Zooropa was also playful, he loved running and hiding and then coming out and hiding again, etc, as all young kitties are.

It makes NO sense to me whatsoever that he had to sacrifice his life because of someone's carelessness. It's not fair. It's just not.

first off.. :hug: to BD...

secondly, yes this is totally unfair and you have every right to feel a little more furious than sad, understandable! This was something that could of been prevented/avoided. And is what is gonna be the hardest to live with mostly. Zooropa will be sadly missed by wayne , you and all of us here.

Thanks again all :hug:

Well today just to be sure I went to the nieghbours house to check whether or not there might have been some mis-interpitation between her and my mum.
She said it was a young ginger/white male cat she saw.

Right now my mum and I are giving each other the silent treatment because today I told her I was fed up with everything lately.

What I don't get is why didnt he comeback on the Friday night or Saturday morning.
When he got out before, he would be back in a few hours.

And why was he so far away from my house :huh:

Wayne :hug: Cats have been known to travel many miles.. especially if not neutered. He could have been looking for a mate or food, or just got a little off track from your house. I dont blame you for giving your mom the silent treatment.

I don't want to cause any more pain here, but how sure are you that was the same cat's body or that there actually was a body? Are you sure it's him? Where is it now? This sounds kind of suspicous to me. Maybe because I had a friend whose Siamese disappeared and someone on the next street said they saw her dead in the road and the highway dept. took the body away. The highway dept. never goes on local back streets. The entire disappearance was fishy to me and I always wondered if maybe someone stole the cat, or murdered her, or her live in boyfriend dumped her somewhere and lied. I don't want to upset anyone or give false hope or false reason to question what was said, but until there is more evidence I would wonder if it were my cat.

What kind of sick freak would murder a cat :yikes: Or even steal it and dump it somewhere?

Wayne also said that the ginger-white kitty was a young male, with a red collar with a little bell and little sparkles on it. Zooropa had the same collar. :(

waynetravis said:

Right now my mum and I are giving each other the silent treatment because today I told her I was fed up with everything lately.

Why is SHE giving you the silent treatment??? :huh:

She has no reason to be mad, you have all and every reason to be

Butterscotch said:
I don't want to cause any more pain here, but how sure are you that was the same cat's body or that there actually was a body? Are you sure it's him? Where is it now? This sounds kind of suspicous to me. Maybe because I had a friend whose Siamese disappeared and someone on the next street said they saw her dead in the road and the highway dept. took the body away. The highway dept. never goes on local back streets. The entire disappearance was fishy to me and I always wondered if maybe someone stole the cat, or murdered her, or her live in boyfriend dumped her somewhere and lied. I don't want to upset anyone or give false hope or false reason to question what was said, but until there is more evidence I would wonder if it were my cat.

the description of the cat seen was pretty unique. The likelihood that it was anything that extreme is doubtful. :|

I have 2 kitties, we live on a busy road so they're inside cats. We have an outside area that they can run around in.
Today our little cat decided to escape:mad:
After searching for half an hour she came bounding over the neighbours fence all excited. :hyper: I waited for my chance and grabbed her. As soon as she saw the front door she started sqirming.

Now I have a huge scratch on my chin:sad: I work in a shop so it's really embarrasing. . . . . . . .

the kitty in question is my avi. . . . . . . I may be changing it soon:eyebrow:

cinnaminson said:
I have 2 kitties, we live on a busy road so they're inside cats. We have an outside area that they can run around in.
Today our little cat decided to escape:mad:
After searching for half an hour she came bounding over the neighbours fence all excited. :hyper: I waited for my chance and grabbed her. As soon as she saw the front door she started sqirming.

Now I have a huge scratch on my chin:sad: I work in a shop so it's really embarrasing. . . . . . . .

the kitty in question is my avi. . . . . . . I may be changing it soon:eyebrow:

One of my cats wants out in the worst way -- he cried at the door for hours last night begging me to just open the door. He actually did dash out and ran to the end of the property, but then he realised he wasn't where he thought he was and let me catch him (we moved a couple of years ago from a very rural area where he could go out to a much more urban area where he can't). When he does dash out and I drag him back in I always hope no people get too close since he gets frightened by that and will scratch me like crazy. :grumpy:

Babydoll said:
What kind of sick freak would murder a cat :yikes: Or even steal it and dump it somewhere?

Wayne also said that the ginger-white kitty was a young male, with a red collar with a little bell and little sparkles on it. Zooropa had the same collar. :(

To quote this - I think the description seems pretty unique. That was NO WAY for him to go. :(:(

indra said:

One of my cats wants out in the worst way -- he cried at the door for hours last night begging me to just open the door. He actually did dash out and ran to the end of the property, but then he realised he wasn't where he thought he was and let me catch him (we moved a couple of years ago from a very rural area where he could go out to a much more urban area where he can't). When he does dash out and I drag him back in I always hope no people get too close since he gets frightened by that and will scratch me like crazy. :grumpy:

We brought in Fergus, our big ginger cat, as a stray in July 2006; and he hasn't been outside since (except to go to the vet in the cat carrier, of course). When we get home and open the door, he is *right there*, and we shout, "Back back back!" I think that if he really wanted to get out, he would just leap over our legs or shopping bags or whatever. Callie hasn't shown much interest in going outside since we got her from the Humane Society in February 2005--she had been a stray (possibly abandoned, possibly abused), and her little toe pads were all rough. :sad:

Babydoll said:

You'd be surprised at how cruel people can be.

I'm really sorry about your kitty Wayne. He was so adorable. :(

I am so so so sorry Wayne :hug: I don't know what this experience is like, and I'm sure it's horrible, but I just want to say I understand what you're going through and I truly am devastated to have to imagine what might have happened :hug: You're such an amazing person and I hate to have to see you like this :sad:

"And I'll send all my loving to you." Beatles :heart:

Patches in my lap. (the former feral cat.. yes there is hope for feral cats!)

pattylapclose.jpg

pattycloselap2.jpg

pattycloseprofile.jpg

Wayne and BD, I'm so sorry for you both. :sad: :hug:

I'd like to post this up, unfortunately it's probably too little too late, but when my Abby took off last year, this site's advice is what (I believe) brought her home again.
http://www.sonic.net/~pauline/sit.html
Bookmark it. I have, and feel the info in it is invaluable. Cats that escape are not easy to find. Cats which are injured or scared are even harder.
Wayne, do you know if little zoo was perhaps still alive after being hit? He may be hiding. We had a cat get hit by a motorbike and then a car, when I was younger, and he took off for 5 days. We'd almost given up hope when he appeared on the laundry window one night (his usual spot to sit when he was hungry). He also had no broken bones or injuries. He was just too frightened to come home earlier.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom