For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MsPurrl said:
Loving all the kitty stories and pictures! Sue, our Fergus had been neutered before we took him in has a stray, or so we found out when we took him to the vet for his pre-welcome to the house visit. The vet said that if he *did* belong to someone, they weren't taking care of him--he was severely malnourished and full of fleas. Doc said we were the ones taking care of him; and as far as he was concerned, *we* were the owners now! Also, sometimes the spay-and-neuter folks will capture and neuter a cat, then let it go, so it's hard to say.

Yes but she said the cat is fat and friendly, which for one does not lead me to believe that its being treated badly or a stray, and for two, the 'spay and neuter' people will trap and release only feral cats, which are usually NOT friendly. I have a lot of experience with this as my neighbor and I trapped and fixed aobut 6 cats in my complex years ago and none of them were socialized so they could not be adopted out, therefore they were released back to where they were. Patches is the only one that I managed to socialize :cute:

kafrun said:

Anyone have any experience with owning cats and dealing with allergies? Or am I just a weird? :D

My college boyfriend was crazy allergic to cats when I adopted Will. The first night I brought him over to his apartment he was sneezing, eyes watering, even some hives popped up. :lol: After some benadryl and a few days his allergic reactions stopped. No more sneezing or watery eyes at all. :shrug: In fact, he took in 2 cats of his own and was perfectly fine. Crazy stuff. :D

Sicy said:
Sue, I think you're just attracting all the cats now :lol:
I would try to find out if he has a home first, is it a boy? Does he have dingleberries still? If he's neutered he most likely has a home.

I think so too..:yes: I do believe he's been neutered. There may be a partial, but all in all it's all gone. I don't know that much about how "dingleberries" look after the proceedure, but he sure loved it when I was checking him out. lol I was looking for female attributes but there were none.
I've had mostly female cats so I pretty much know he's not a girl.
He went out this morning when I got ready to leave and I didn't have time to look for him. I'll ask around this weekend.
He wasn't around when I came home tonight, but I've seen him several times lately. I do think someone either owns him or at least claims him. If not, he will have tags on next time I see him. I'll take him to the vet and that will be that...

And MsPurrl I hope he's not a stray, in a way, because I don't want animal patrol to pick him up. I wiped him down and couldn't believe he let me. He slep on my bed and even put up with me tossing and turning and kept coming up and putting his paws on my arm and kneading it. I'd rub his head and he'd lay down and just purr. I loved that. :love:
Could seriously love this cat. But I'm pretty sure he'd never stay around. God knows, sounds like I'm talking about a man.
Guess I was a one night stand.. lol :wink:

Correction,
Johnny Walker just showed up with his girlfriend, I guess.
They were both hungry.. Gave them some food and dried JW off. It's not quite as rainy tonight but foggy & wet. She was real skiddish. I had to take her food outside, she wouldn't eat till I walked away. JW's all up in here, pigging out. :wink:
He's in my lap now.
Oh yeah... he's going to be difficult to turn over to someone.
I'm going to get heartbroken over this one too.
I just know it. *sigh*
Why is he so hungry if someone is taking care of him??

LOL, that's what my sister said earlier.

(probably has something to do with the food & water I've been leaving out for Bela, too)

I'm just bit worried. Several cat's showing up over a couple of weeks. That means someone's abandoning/dropping off their cat's. That's too :sad:

Not necessarily... if you're leaving food and water out, they tell the other cats in the neighborhood, even if they have homes some cats travel blocks in a day or even farther.

Sicy said:
Not necessarily... if you're leaving food and water out, they tell the other cats in the neighborhood, even if they have homes some cats travel blocks in a day or even farther.

That's right! I've seen cats I know have homes, happy homes, on other streets making their way to my stray bowl. You don't have to be a person to spread the word around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom