For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update:

I was getting ready to go out and look lastnight for him.
As I was putting on my jacket I looked out my window and I saw him on the wall.

I took Lies' advice and left his litter box there, and I think he was heading to it.
When I opened the backdoor he turned and ran the other way, so I went after him.

He disappeared down another alley and went under a shed and I never saw him after that.
I waited in my garden for about an hour to see if he would back.

But he didn't :(

Today I went out for him again, but I never saw him.
Saw nextdoor's ginger cat instead.

The vets and RSPCA have been checked to see if he might have been rescued.
They said they would keeping checking around.

Good news is he's still in the area.

Oh no... :(

Blah what is wrong with your mom?? 'we can just get another'. WTF ? :| :mad:

He's wearing a collar isnt he.. I have noticed in the pics. Does it have your contact information on it?

The best time to try to look for him would be in the middle of the night when it is very quiet. You could walk around the neighborhood and call him, open a can of cat food, or jingle some toys, any sound that he's familiar with, and call him and let him come to you. The cat litter is a good idea. I would also sprinkle some used cat litter around the perimeter of your house. The worst part is he isnt neutered yet and more likely to stray away to find a mate. I hope you find him :(

If you go out at night, take a flashlight with a strong beam, it helps you see their eyes! I thought Beckham got out once and we spent an hour looking with a flashlight. We found a rabbit, a racoon, and someone else's cat, lol. Turns out Beckham was in the apartment building the entire time, but has climbed up into a window ledge in the stairway. We gave up searching and as we came to the door I saw him just sitting there, watching out the window. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you at least saw Zooropa :hug:

Best of luck getting him back.

Chloe's such a scaredy cat that even if the door is open she's too afraid to go outside. She'll stick her nose out and sniff but as soon as something makes a sudden movement she runs back inside.

Wayne do you have any toys or treats that make noise if you shake them that he would come to?

Just got back from walking Lucy.
While we was out I did look out for him in the dark with no joy :(

Also spoke to a couple of neigbors and they said they would keep a look out.

Sicy, his collar just has a bell and no contact details unfortunelty.
When we had cats before they had tags, but they would lose their collars.
I do have my room's window open which overlooks the garden, so I will be able to hear his bell if he is there.

I'm sorry :( I would just be devastated if it were me. I think it might help to put up flyers with his picture and your phone number around the neighborhood.

I hope you find him/he comes home. At least you know he's still in the area, so that's good. Sending lots of "Go home NOW Zooropa!" thoughts your (well actually his) way. :hug:

If he came back once, he'll probably come around again. Does the local SPCA have a live trap you can borrow/rent? I know they are pretty efficient for catching cats. All you need is a smelly can of tuna...

Got tuna, and waiting for some people to bring a cat trap.

I went out earlier today and about an hour ago to circle the block.
Couldn't see anything.

Hardly seen any cats at all lately, this area is usually filled with them.

I really hope to find him in the next few days because all this week people will be lighting bonfires and have firework displays.

When you go out looking, are you calling for him? Bringing any toys/noises that he might respond to? Bells, squeeky toys, maybe a laserlight.... :sad:

:pray:

Good luck with the trap.. I think that's a great idea. Keep checking it during the night though to make sure you dont trap the wrong cat lol (I've done that before). And I dont know if you know how to use it but make sure you line the trap with newspaper or brown sack so they cant see the 'trigger'. Then lead the food bit by bit into the trap all the way to the back of it.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:faint: is right! What happened to your avi Sicy? :ohmy:

And best of luck to you Wayne. :hug:

The cats I'm baby-sitting right now sometimes get out. One has been outside in a shed hiding from me the whole time. :sad: :lol: He's just shy. So I just put out a bowl of food out on the porch to feed him. He IS eating the food and I caught a glimpse of him today but he ran under the shed right then and there.

The other one got out once but is back now. :cute:

I'm hoping the best to you and Zooropa. :hug: :yes: :kiss: Come home Zooropa!

Thanks everyone.

Also I forgot to mention, that a neighbour we talked to yesterday came round today. But none of us were in to see her.
When we went out earlier we went to their house but no one was there.
Hopefully she may come back tomorrow before we go out again.

I hope Zooropa comes home soon, Wayne. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. :yes:

My Maddie just loves my wireless internet. :)

BruiserandotherkittiesMMwatermel-9.jpg

We're officially in the market for a cat. :D It's harder than I expected to find one, though. We can't adopt from the local RSPCA shelter because we leave on what they deem a main road and we don't have a cat flap (and I want an indoor cat anyway!). Everyone seems to only have kittens, and having a kitten doesn't seem feasible when we both work full-time. :slant: I emailed someone who posted an ad about two cats, but they never replied. :(

I'm getting very impatient and am tempted to catnap any cat I see without a collar.

Awww. I'm glad to hear you want in indoor only cat. I'm sure you will find one :hug:

Does the UK not have nearly as many shelter animals as the US? It seems like they have tight (and often strange) restrictions on adopting. Some shelters around here are so overflowing they will literally give cats away and don't even have time to do proper checks on prospective owners.

Our local branch of the Humane Society just announced that they will no longer accept owner-donated animals (as in "I'm moving, and I can't take my cat with me"--which really honks me off, anyway), only strays. My question is this--what is to prevent someone from abandoning their animal instead of taking it to the Humane Society, in hopes that it will be picked up as a stray? Makes no sense to me! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom