For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beckham just did something really weird and I'm not sure what to make of it.

He was sitting on the back of the couch and all the sudden he started hacking. I thought he was going to barf or cough a hairball, but it was a different kind of hack. His eyes were really big and his ears were going flat. He just sat there hacking, looking possessed for about 15 seconds. Then he stopped, still looking out of it for a few seconds. He got up and went downstairs. I went to check on him and he seemed fine. It was feeding time so I fed the cats and he's eating now.

I don't know if that was a cat seizure or what, I've never seen anything like it.

Nope, I feed them at 7:30am and 10pm so I fed them right after it happened. He was sitting with me on the couch for at least an hour before that. Usually when he chokes/barfs, his stomach heaves and he makes this weird sound, but this was more like a hacking cough from his mouth and nose.

Maybe he had some fur stuck in his throat. Saki does weird shit like that sometimes.

I hope that's all it was. He just looked really possessed!

Perhaps I'm just nervous b/c my bosses cat died yesterday. It was actually his daughter's cat that slept with her in her bunk bed. She woke up to him crying and they thought he fell so they took him to the vet. He actually had a blood clot and died. There's no way they could have known and the vet said it wasn't likely he could do anything. Unfortunately what he tried did not work. Poor Pippin!

RIP
Pippin%20sleeping.jpg

It's been 3 months since Wayne's 5 month old Zooropa died, and 6 months since my ex-roommate gave away Max (the gorgeous Siamese we had).

I still can't come to terms with this. I thought time would heal. I just get so mad when people don't take pets seriously. :|

Babydoll said:
I just get so mad when people don't take pets seriously. :|

No kidding. When I found a little Bichon dog a few weeks ago, I called the shelter to ask if anyone had called looking for him. They said even if I did find the owner, I should bring him to the shelter and make them pick him up there so they could see all the other cats and dogs and how miserable they are b/c their owners didn't care about them enough to keep tabs on them.

I'm not one to treat an animal like a child, but I know they are entirely my responsibility because they have no way to provide or fend for themselves. I have an untreated chronic joint problem in my right foot and I'm supposed to get cortisone shots. Instead, I pay the vet for Kenya to get cortisone shots for her foot problem. I can deal with only being able to afford one so I get her treated instead b/c she doesn't deserve to suffer.

I was at Petsmart the other night, and I always go back to the corner of the store to see the cats they have there for adoption. I'm not thinking of getting another one, since Jack seems to have a sort of "only child" mentality, but I still like to sort of say hello to them. I hate reading the stories on the little cards outside their containers. There was a beautiful black cat who looked so loving; she kept gently headbutting the plastic and rubbing up against it because she wanted me to pet her (even though I couldn't). On the little card on the window, it said she'd been found in a bucket left outside the SPCA. Who can live with themselves after doing things like that? I hate when people think of pets as something they can just toss out when they get tired of them. I know sometimes people have to give up their pets for reasons beyond their control, but too many people have the wrong idea about what getting a pet entails, and that's why shelters are so full.

Liesje said:
I hope that's all it was. He just looked really possessed!

Perhaps I'm just nervous b/c my bosses cat died yesterday. It was actually his daughter's cat that slept with her in her bunk bed. She woke up to him crying and they thought he fell so they took him to the vet. He actually had a blood clot and died. There's no way they could have known and the vet said it wasn't likely he could do anything. Unfortunately what he tried did not work. Poor Pippin!

RIP
Pippin%20sleeping.jpg

Looks like our Fergus, too. So sad! :sad:

I agree with what BonoIsMyMuse said, too. Every day there are ads in the "Absolutely Free" section in the classifieds in our paper like "moving, can't take with us." Makes me very sad!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:sad: RIP.. so so sad... poor kitty...

bella is completely recovered from her little conjunctivitis flare up.. so relieved.. was worried about my baby... :(

I'm so happy for Bella and you. That's really good news. :up:

and liesje, your's is ok now? I know the blew your mind, it would have mine.

Still no news on my Bela. Some kids told me yesterday they saw her at an apartment across the way, but I checked and she had 3 cats but not Bela. The cat the kids saw was gray and white but had a bob tail.. she hadn't seen Bela either, but knew who I was talking about. Said it's been weeks since she's seen her and asked what happened to her foot. That would account for the time I've had her.
Now I wonder if someone didn't pick her up. She had a collar I bought her but no tags yet. I was going to do that this past week. I waited too long, damn it. :mad: not sure it would have made any difference especially if someone stole her.

Last edited:
Can you post pictures around the building/neighborhood to see if anyone has found her? Maybe someone else brought her in to a vet or wherever they may bring strays? :shrug: :(

Lila64 said:
Can you post pictures around the building/neighborhood to see if anyone has found her? Maybe someone else brought her in to a vet or wherever they may bring strays? :shrug: :(

Yes, I tried to print pics today at work, but since our move (this past weekend/week, no one had a color printer that I could print too. The black and white printer I use wasn't clear enough.
I'm going to do that tomorrow at my sisters color printer.
I'm going to our local shelter tomorrow morning to see if she was picked up by the amimal control dept.

I was looking for something in my Photobucket account earlier, and I came across these two pictures of my cat, Jizan. I can't remember if I've posted them here or not...oh well, if I have I'm posting them again! She's just so sweet.

cat02.jpg

cat01.jpg

Haha! I love this one.

I get to see her (and our other three cats) tomorrow! :love: My parents have been trying to get her weight down lately. She's been chubby ever since she was a kitten.

jiz2.jpg

We don't know what to do! We've tried special diets and encouraging her to exercise, like the vet instructed... Nothing works. She just keeps getting fatter. :huh:

Aw sooooo cute! There is NOTHING cuter than a tuxedo kitten!!! She's like a Poshie twin!

For weight loss, I would try a premium cat food, feeding a smaller portion. Unless there's a medical reason for weight gain or the cat has allergies or some other medical problem, animals can lose weight on a good diet with proper portions. I would find a food free of "fillers" (corn, wheat, soy, glutens, etc). There are many premium quality foods that are the same price or cheaper than the yucky stuff like Friskies and Science Diet.

Liesje said:
Beckham just did something really weird and I'm not sure what to make of it.

He was sitting on the back of the couch and all the sudden he started hacking. I thought he was going to barf or cough a hairball, but it was a different kind of hack. His eyes were really big and his ears were going flat. He just sat there hacking, looking possessed for about 15 seconds. Then he stopped, still looking out of it for a few seconds. He got up and went downstairs. I went to check on him and he seemed fine. It was feeding time so I fed the cats and he's eating now.

I don't know if that was a cat seizure or what, I've never seen anything like it.

My cats do that on occasion and it's never been something to be concerned about as they always return back to their usual selves after. It seems to be a sign of an unobliging hairball or hawk ball which will later show itself in the normal way when they get it up and out as per usual.

GibsonGirl said:
I was looking for something in my Photobucket account earlier, and I came across these two pictures of my cat, Jizan. I can't remember if I've posted them here or not...oh well, if I have I'm posting them again! She's just so sweet.

cat02.jpg

cat01.jpg

Haha! I love this one.

I get to see her (and our other three cats) tomorrow! :love: My parents have been trying to get her weight down lately. She's been chubby ever since she was a kitten.

jiz2.jpg

We don't know what to do! We've tried special diets and encouraging her to exercise, like the vet instructed... Nothing works. She just keeps getting fatter. :huh:

Oh my god! That is so cute!!!
:love:

Sue, I'm really hoping your Bela returns soon. :hug:

And glad the eye prob is resolved, U2fanatic! :up:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

My thoughts exactly, meh cat. :wink:

I'm going to the vet I was taking Bela too and check the board for any kittens that need a good home.
I saw some pics last time I was there but didn't check them out because Bela needed all my attention.
Even if she comes back, maybe a roommate (or 2) won't be too hard to get used too.
Uh oh.. think I am becoming the proverbial "cat lady". :wink:

Edited to say:
Oh and Angela H, that black and white kitty reminds me of a cat I had back in the 80's, Johnny Walker. I found him in the field behind my house and I'd had a couple of scotch's - which led to his name.. He was a real heartbreaker and when he was run over by a car - even my ex cried..

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
move out to the sticks with me and hide from people. it will be great. we have a pool. no one will ever find you there! your kitties will be safe. well, except for wingus and dingus, but they're easy fixed.

Your the bestest EVVVVVEEEEER!!!:giggle:

sue4u2 said:

My thoughts exactly, meh cat. :wink:

I'm going to the vet I was taking Bela too and check the board for any kittens that need a good home.
I saw some pics last time I was there but didn't check them out because Bela needed all my attention.
Even if she comes back, maybe a roommate (or 2) won't be too hard to get used too.
Uh oh.. think I am becoming the proverbial "cat lady". :wink:

Edited to say:
Oh and Angela H, that black and white kitty reminds me of a cat I had back in the 80's, Johnny Walker. I found him in the field behind my house and I'd had a couple of scotch's - which led to his name.. He was a real heartbreaker and when he was run over by a car - even my ex cried..

:sad: Being a cat lover sucks.....it's just so painful when things go wrong...............Getting another cat will help you, I popped into the vet the other day and seeing all those little/big kitties needing a loving home breaks my heart, I wanted to get another one, but i already have 2. I really hope bela comes home soon for you.

My aunt just had to have her old boy Baby PTS because he had cancer. And this just a few months after losing her husband! I hope she will get another cat; they are *so* much company! I remember when my mom's cat Bart died, she said, amongst her tears, "I'm not having any more damn cats!" About 2 months later, though, she had Maggie and Jiggs; and my son has them now.

fly so high! said:

:sad: Being a cat lover sucks.....it's just so painful when things go wrong...............Getting another cat will help you, I popped into the vet the other day and seeing all those little/big kitties needing a loving home breaks my heart, I wanted to get another one, but i already have 2. I really hope bela comes home soon for you.

I think so too, fly so high - (getting another cat)
Just glancing at the board was enough to make me want to take them all home.

It's hard to fathom why some cats come into your life. Sometimes its just because they need you, maybe. or you need them.
Then when they/or you are ok, they are gone.

I remember another cat I had for a short period, Layla. She had feline lukemia and I took the best care I could but finally had to have her put to sleep. I cried so hard on the way home I had to pull over.
That night there was a raging storm outside and I heard this cat meowing really loud outside my bedroom window. I went out, in this tree bending wind storm, mind you - and this cat came sailing down out of the fir tree and she and I both fell backwards over a hedge. She stayed with me 3 days, just long enough too keep me from being so depressed over Layla, I guess.
I just have no explanation of how the cat universe works.

For Ms Purrls aunt - :sad: :hug:

Sorry people, all these memories are coming up.
Thanks for listening. :heart:

There was such a hole in my heart after losing Miss Purrl--and Callie helped mend that hole. It is difficult for me to see all of those kitties at PetSmart because I want to take all of them home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom